Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams will be playable online, via DLC.

Greatest stars in NBA history compete in:
  • 2 vs. 2 Teammate Challenge
  • 3 vs. 3 Era Challenge
  • Even 21, H.O.R.S.E. and more
  • You pick the match-ups and rules
  • Play online with the Legendary Teams from NBA's Greatest
  • Import your My Player - can you compete?
  • Set in NYC's iconic Times Square
Thanks SSchevyRidah!

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Knickerbocker @ 09/26/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
I honestly wouldn't be upset if 2K made you pay to use this online, they've been consistent in their quality and if they feel the need to strengthen their profit margins I don't blame them.

As previously stated it's shrewd marketing, you release 2K11 on a market with no other NBA game and add on to your fan base from casuals who just want to ball with Jordan and whatnot. Now you've pretty much got a market that will be free of an NBA game for another fiscal year, why not take this opportunity to maximum income? Any smart person would do it, as long as they keep up a consistent level of quality I don't blame them.
Giving out free DLCs and pleasing the fans in such a way is marketing as well. I'm sure that if (or when) another franchise comes close to 2k the fans choose the one that treat them better. Look at the PRO evo vs FIFA thing. Pro Evo is the lesser game for a couple of years now but they still sell a lot of units just because of their more customer friendly policy.

# 42 Pared @ 09/26/11 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
How is letting leaked footage run rampant bad marketing?
Are you not seeing some of the comments here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdotThaDon
Never know, EA learned from Wang and maybe Wang picked up a few tricks from EA as well. Hope not though, not really into paying extra for things already on disk. To some of these companies dlc stands for download locked content.
I love this. And I love you guys. Please - keep the conspiracy theories coming. Great way to spend the afternoon!

# 43 Knickerbocker @ 09/26/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
LOL, Konami don't give a flying **** about their customers. For the past several years, Seabass and his cronies have been laughing all the way to the bank for the fact that suckers have still been buying their digital football, which still looks cartoonish, just because of blind customer loyalty.
Hehe, noone said they care about their customers. But they play it out like they do. How do you think they built such a base of blind customers? By cattering or giving the appearance to catter their needs.

# 44 bigball12 @ 09/26/11 03:56 PM
Well at least we can use them online. I hate this though, it makes the entire thing so unbelievably tacky!

# 45 mymannemcee @ 09/26/11 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Well at least we can use them online. I hate this though, it makes the entire thing so unbelievably tacky!
How so?

Would you rather see Kevin Durant travel in a spaceship back to the 1980's so we can see him in technicolor television against the showtime Lakers?

Would you wanna see Kobe Bryant black and white against Bill Russell?

# 46 airjoca @ 09/26/11 03:59 PM
Alright, so, being a graphic designer, the way the bullets in the text are spaced it would seem that "Greatest stars in NBA history compete in: 2v2... ...you pick the match-ups and rules" is separate and different from "Play online with the Legendary Teams from NBA's Greatest".

However, it does say its set in Times Square, but maybe you play 5on5 there.

And it says "Press A to Download", not Press A to buy, hope it's free.

# 47 Knickerbocker @ 09/26/11 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoca
Alright, so, being a graphic designer, the way the bullets in the text are spaced it would seem that "Greatest stars in NBA history compete in: 2v2... ...you pick the match-ups and rules" is separate and different from "Play online with the Legendary Teams from NBA's Greatest".

However, it does say its set in Times Square, but maybe you play 5on5 there.

And it says "Press A to Download", not Press A to buy, hope it's free.
That was my reasoning as well on both issues. Just hope that maybe we can get the teams to play in an arena.

# 48 basehead617 @ 09/26/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
There hasn't been any announcement about what that mode is or how to get it.

People need to settle down until there are actual facts.

I've never seen it said anywhere that you could use them online in a regular exhibition game.

Frankly I don't understand the point of wanting to do that anyway.. talk about casual.

# 49 Giammajo @ 09/26/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
And how many unshrewd customers would it take to make THAT a "shrewd" decision by 2K?
You lost me there buddy, lol. Guess we can determine just how shrewd this decision is when we get the specifics.

# 50 JrueTheFuture @ 09/26/11 04:02 PM
Man it better be a free add on.... I'm not spending another 10 or so bucks on this game.....

# 51 lsalas76 @ 09/26/11 04:03 PM
The wording seems kind of open for interpretation but from the looks of the pic sounds like you will can choose to play with legendary players 2 on 2, 3 on 3, or horse,

and then as the whole legendary teams too. Why would they list all these options seperately.

The way I interpret it is its divided into two parts the first part being legends and the bullet points under this are the 2 vs 2 etc etc

and the 2nd part is legendary teams. I assuming it will be "streetball" and non sim since you are playing in times square.

I wonder how this will work tho since it looks like it may be possible DLC? Will we have to unlock all the teams first in order to use them in legends showcase mode? or will we have them in that mode already?

# 52 bigball12 @ 09/26/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
How so?

Would you rather see Kevin Durant travel in a spaceship back to the 1980's so we can see him in technicolor television against the showtime Lakers?

Would you wanna see Kobe Bryant black and white against Bill Russell?
I think your missing the point. I don't want to be forced to play with the Legends in a streetball atmosphere in Times Square. I want to play a simulation basketball game in a real arena and on a real hardwood court. These legend teams should have been available form the get go, for all online modes.

# 53 fatleg3 @ 09/26/11 04:11 PM
After reading the screenshot over and over to me the, "Play online with the legendary team from NBA's Greastest" point is saying we can play 5v5 but it is set in times square. I really hope thats not the case and we can play with them in an arena setting.

Next we are going to have posters saying 2k gave us what we asked for and we are still not satisfied

# 54 mymannemcee @ 09/26/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
I think your missing the point. I don't want to play streetball in Times Square. I want to play a simulation basketball game in a real arena and on a real hardwood court. These legend teams should have been available form the get go, for all online modes.
How do you know it's pure streetball?

How do you know you can't still set a simulation setting on a court with fouls, shots and yadda yadda yadda?

Just because they're playing on a blacktop doesn't 100% mean it's gonna be a pure Street game. Yes, there are Street games INCLUDED in there (2v2, 3v3, Horse) but it also says you can use the teams in a separate bullet, so maybe that means you can play a real game on the court, as well.

At this point, all we have is a few photos from a cell phone. So none of us know.

# 55 bigball12 @ 09/26/11 04:18 PM
Quote:

How do you know you can't still set a simulation setting on a court with fouls, shots and yadda yadda yadda?

Just because they're playing on a blacktop doesn't 100% mean it's gonna be a pure Street game. Yes, there are Street games INCLUDED in there (2v2, 3v3, Horse) but it also says you can use the teams in a separate bullet, so maybe that means you can play a real game on the court, as well.

At this point, all we have is a few photos from a cell phone. So none of us know.
Of course we DON'T KNOW 100%! All I'm saying is that I am not counting on 2K delivering the legends appropriately for the 'Sim Gamer'. I think that we will be able to use the legends 5 v. 5, but on the streetball court. I don't want that, that in my opinion just seems dingy and cheap. If 2K hasn't changed thier 'street' format, it will be just like it's inception of the mode back in the early days, and the same as it's ever been. Enhanced sliders, with an unrealistic feel to the game play.

# 56 fatleg3 @ 09/26/11 04:19 PM
Quote:

Of course everything is pure speculation but we are going off what we see. We have so little information on this matter so this screenshot is the only source of information so far on this matter. We are taking what we are reading and interpreting it. Nobody is getting bent out of shape yet.

And even if you still have sim rules and all that it is still streetball because you are not playing in an real arena. And Times Square? When has someone ever seen a basketball court in times square?

# 57 bigball12 @ 09/26/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Of course everything is pure speculation but we are going off what we see. We have so little information on this matter so this screenshot is the only source of information so far on this matter. We are taking what we are reading and interpreting it. Nobody is getting bent out of shape yet.

And even if you still have sim rules and all that it is still streetball because you are not playing in an real arena. And Times Square? When has someone ever seen a basketball court in times square?
Precisely my point. Even if it is sim sliders etc. I do not want to play outside in Times Square. Period!

# 58 SdotThaDon @ 09/26/11 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I love this. And I love you guys. Please - keep the conspiracy theories coming. Great way to spend the afternoon!
Lol. Unfortunately a result of getting spoon fed info I guess.

# 59 J-Clutch1 @ 09/26/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617

I've never seen it said anywhere that you could use them online in a regular exhibition game.

Frankly I don't understand the point of wanting to do that anyway.. talk about casual.
Thank you, basehead. Tell em like Based God tells em.

# 60 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/11 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617

Facts are for suckas, its all about spazzing out

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.