Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here are some of the notables.

Rose - 92
Stephen Jackson - 83
Noah - 82
KG - 83
Pierce - 82
R. Allen - 80
B. Griffin - 85
R. Gay - 86
Z. Randolph - 83
Joe Johnson - 84
J. Smith - 84
Horford - 80
Wade - 96
Bron - 98
Bosh - 80
C. Paul 93
Millsap - 80
A. Jefferson - 81
T. Evans 80
Melo - 91
Amare - 88
Billups - 79
Kobe - 94
Gasol -86
D. Howard - 93
Dirk - 85
Butler - 81
D. Williams 90
W. Chandler - 80
Granger - 81
Prince - 77
RIP - 76
Barbosa - 71
K. Martin - 79
K. Lowry - 76
Scola - 77
T. Parker - 80
Manu - 85
Duncan - 84
Nash - 84
G. Hill - 80
A. Brooks - 75
Westbrook - 88
Durant - 92
Beasley - 78
K. Love - 81
Felton - 75
G. Wallace - 83
L. Aldridge - 83
B. Roy - 78
S. Curry - 80
Ellis - 83
D. Lee - 79
John Wall - 82

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 BezO @ 09/27/11 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Rodman 85 (a bit high for a guy that just rebounded and defended)
But one of the best rebounders and defenders at his position, ever.

It's starting to seem like the 80s are for players that do a thing or 2 extremely well, or players that do more than a few things above average. 90s seem to be for players that are good/great all around players.

# 122 piccolomair @ 09/27/11 12:22 PM
A guy on the original youtube page posted an interesting tidbit, the overall rating changes depending on the position. He said that if you put all the attributes to 70, but changed the position, each position would garner a different overall rating.

"And here is another fun fact for the Kobe VS LeBron ratings debate. If you gave a 70 to every skill from "shot Inside" to "Emotion" to a player, his overall will be different depending on his position.

Point Guard: 66

Shooting Guard: 73

Small Forward: 78

Power Forward: 77

Center: 75

So if having Kobe a 94 so bad then switch him 2 small forward. Or Dirk to a shooting Guard. You will have different ratings
jeykboy 58 minutes ago "

# 123 chinkiwinki @ 09/27/11 12:34 PM
Bosh 80! that is disrespectful. I still maintain that Wade and Bron just don't give him the ball enough in the right place to get his numbers. All they make him do is shoot open jumpshots.

# 124 BezO @ 09/27/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy
I understand LeBron being the highest rated player in 2K12, but can someone explain to me how the heck they gave him a 98 rating?

-average FT shooter
-mediocre jumpshooter
-poor in clutch situations (defers/disappears in 4th quarters)
-no post-up game

Look I'm not "hating" on the guy, I just don't understand 2K's logic behind rating him so insanely high (-1 less than Michael Jordan).

A 94 rating would have been more appropriate (still being the highest in the game while other players ratings also decreasing a bit as well).
Check out these stats.

Another reason I feel LeBron made a bad decision. He's obviously the type to defer when there's someone to defer to. And there's something to be said about a super star joining another superstar, both at the height of their careers. But when he's the clear leader on a team, he's as good as any in clutch situations. No one has hit more game winners in recent times. And he's hit more, at a better clip than Dirk. (I remember when folks were questioning Dirk's clutch abilities not too long ago)

LeBron is a ridiculous athlete. Maybe the best the NBA has ever seen. I believe that until he wins several rings, we will all expect more from him. And he may even have to do it without a Wade on his team to get full respect from some. And if he doesn't win 5-6, some will still be saying, "See? Told you he was no Jordan/Kobe".

Bron should've just come to the Knicks.

# 125 stillfeelme @ 09/27/11 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolomair
A guy on the original youtube page posted an interesting tidbit, the overall rating changes depending on the position. He said that if you put all the attributes to 70, but changed the position, each position would garner a different overall rating.

"And here is another fun fact for the Kobe VS LeBron ratings debate. If you gave a 70 to every skill from "shot Inside" to "Emotion" to a player, his overall will be different depending on his position.

Point Guard: 66

Shooting Guard: 73

Small Forward: 78

Power Forward: 77

Center: 75

So if having Kobe a 94 so bad then switch him 2 small forward. Or Dirk to a shooting Guard. You will have different ratings
jeykboy 58 minutes ago "
Now here is some interesting information. I wonder does height weight or something else factor in. Or it could be 2k12 is using statistics to compare to the rest of the league or weighting them by the average of their position.

# 126 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 12:51 PM
Some of you guys sound... I don't want to use the word stupid. But that would be wrong. Someone just said he is a great althete, Stat-box filler: probably the best overall and complete player today. And said he doesn't deserve to be a 98....lol

As long as LeBron plays like LeBron... don't care if his rating is 100.

# 127 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
As long as LeBron clutch rating is in the low 70's, I could care less about his overall
This one thing I don't understand what people are throwing around. Lebron not clutch.. Sure he came up short in the Finals. But god... That boy was lights out during the whole playoffs.

# 128 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
This one thing I don't understand what people are throwing around. Lebron not clutch.. Sure he came up short in the Finals. But god... That boy was lights out during the whole playoffs.
Alot of people are lights out in the playoffs, does not mean you are clutch.

# 129 infam0us @ 09/27/11 01:00 PM
LeBron failed in the finals but he was amazing against the Bulls. Some of the best basketball I've seen.

# 130 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Jeebs you of all people should know th people on this forum have selective memory.

# 131 faiz_reds @ 09/27/11 01:03 PM
Does overall rating effect the game or not? If not, better kick it out of the game. Look at Football Manager, it don't have overall rating because people will still look at the attributes to find a suitable player for their tactics even if there is overall rating in the game. I think Nba is the same. Its depends on the players attributes, not their overall rating.

# 132 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 01:04 PM
Again... He hit some of the most clutch shots the whole playoffs second only to Dirk. I won't say he carried the Heat to the finals. But he closed those series out with some very clutch preformances. One bad series doesn't mean he is not clutch. Or completely not clutch. Made he is not as clutch as Dirk or Kobe or anyone else. But he sure has to be a top 5-10 in that area.

# 133 piccolomair @ 09/27/11 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie D
Also Rose is way too high but I'm sure his clutch rating is in the negatives to balance things out.
ive come to the conclusion you have never, ever, seen rose play basketball.

# 134 Colts18 @ 09/27/11 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjj1010
2k sometimes gets way too prisoner of the moment. If what I see about dirk is true with a 99 midrange. The same as Michael Jordan... Something is seriously wrong.
Why is there anything seriously wrong with Dirk having a 99 mid range? And what is seriously wrong about it being the same as Jordan?

Concerete evidence would be appreciated.

# 135 dwillacy24 @ 09/27/11 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe7
I hope everyone realizes dat the ratings actually fluctuate as the season goes along depending on their play...I think everything is fine
True but it's the initial rating that's kinda messed up. It's almost insinuating that at the end of last season that's how good/bad these players were. LeBron was NOT a 98 at the end of last season. Kobe should be at least a 96 if you're gonna downgrade him if not the same as LeBron because Kobe was actually playing hurt. Seems like a lot of players took a hit.

# 136 piccolomair @ 09/27/11 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillacy24
True but it's the initial rating that's kinda messed up. It's almost insinuating that at the end of last season that's how good/bad these players were. LeBron was NOT a 98 at the end of last season. Kobe should be at least a 96 if you're gonna downgrade him if not the same as LeBron because Kobe was actually playing hurt. Seems like a lot of players took a hit.
now i hate lebron, but this logic is wierd. Lebron, for making it to the finals (and playing well up until that point) should not be a 98....i can live with this concept. But then to say, that kobe, whos team was embarrassingly defeated in the playoffs, should somehow be higher than what his rating indicates is hypocritical at the very least. Even if what you say is true, about him being hurt, that means his durability should at least be lowered, as well as his potential, and lets face it, kobe is nowhere near the athlete he once was. A 94 rating for kobe is prefectly fine. I honestly think that Lebron should be the same rating as wade, at 96, since to me its hards to tell which player is the better player between them. And i think 97, 98, and 99 ratings should be preserved for select legends like bird, magic, jordan, and wilt.

# 137 stillfeelme @ 09/27/11 01:30 PM
^^^^^^^ me personally I have no beef with Dirk being a 99 mid range. He probably can hit any mid range shot with a defender in his face does not matter, one leg up, does not matter, fade away does not matter. With that being said we don't know what does that translate to in the game. So I take it as 99 as the best in the game he can hit 50-55 % when contested perfect release on sim settings. You leave him open and that % goes up

# 138 ronyell @ 09/27/11 01:30 PM
everyones complaining about overall ratings & specific shooting ratings is always funny to me!!!

OVERALL RATINGS TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ALL ABILITIES!!!

some players OVERALL is low because they are good or great in only particular categories. in those instances they probably have a high rating in those PARTICULAR areas that they excel in (Dirk 99 mid-shot & 85 overall - Bargnani 67 overall & high shooting ratings)

the overall is also weighted by certain abilities pertaing to their position. so softer, non-rebounding, face-up shooting bigs' overalls' will be lower than expected if they are playing center or PF because they lack the other skills tht are weighted to those positions. consequently if you moved them to SF you would see their overall changed higher due to the fact SF ratings are weighted by shooting & more athletic ratings.

same thing goes for the guards that people are complaining about... Rose's OVERALL is high because OVERALL he has a LOT of great abilities (defensive, speed, quickness, iq, decent shot)...

VERY ANNOYING when people think someone deserves high ratings just because they can score. (its a microcosm of the world & sports today... basketball is more than scoring & highlight dunks & blocks)

tendencies & actual in game play matter far more than OVERALL RATING... play a game where Jason Kapono is left open often & watch how he will roast you just like he should... all while having a 64 overall...

all that being said... 2k DOES seem to skew the hell out of other areas & ratings but for the most part i complain about the way they render tendencies (which is what truly alters in-game play)

overall ratings affect rotation & importance in association mode

tendencies affect in-game play

if you want Brgnani's overall higher, ur gonna have to make him a MUCH better rebounder & post defender than he actually is & if you want Rose to be lower, you're gonna have to make him slower & dumber than he actually is.

# 139 Colts18 @ 09/27/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
^^^^^^^ me personally I have no beef with Dirk being a 99 mid range. He probably can hit any mid range shot with a defender in his face does not matter, one leg up, does not matter, fade away does not matter. With that being said we don't know what does that translate to in the game. So I take it as 99 as the best in the game he can hit 50-55 % when contested perfect release on sim settings. You leave him open and that % goes up
Of course on default 2K settings online that would translate into him making a large number of shots. But I am sure on sim settings for personal use, it wouldnt translate to anything out of this world.

But I understand that gripe. But my issue is for people that claim he doesn't deserve a 99 because Jordan had one. As if Jordan is the best at every possible skill in basketball history.

# 140 chitownfinest773 @ 09/27/11 01:33 PM
WTF cp3 a higher than dirk,rose, and durant

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.