Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here are some of the notables.

Rose - 92
Stephen Jackson - 83
Noah - 82
KG - 83
Pierce - 82
R. Allen - 80
B. Griffin - 85
R. Gay - 86
Z. Randolph - 83
Joe Johnson - 84
J. Smith - 84
Horford - 80
Wade - 96
Bron - 98
Bosh - 80
C. Paul 93
Millsap - 80
A. Jefferson - 81
T. Evans 80
Melo - 91
Amare - 88
Billups - 79
Kobe - 94
Gasol -86
D. Howard - 93
Dirk - 85
Butler - 81
D. Williams 90
W. Chandler - 80
Granger - 81
Prince - 77
RIP - 76
Barbosa - 71
K. Martin - 79
K. Lowry - 76
Scola - 77
T. Parker - 80
Manu - 85
Duncan - 84
Nash - 84
G. Hill - 80
A. Brooks - 75
Westbrook - 88
Durant - 92
Beasley - 78
K. Love - 81
Felton - 75
G. Wallace - 83
L. Aldridge - 83
B. Roy - 78
S. Curry - 80
Ellis - 83
D. Lee - 79
John Wall - 82

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
What are you basing this off of?

Concrete evidence.
okay buddy you win. Dirk Midrange = 99.00000% , Jordan midrange = 99. 34455223 %. Look at career 2 point percentage dude. ESPN.com

# 162 Colts18 @ 09/27/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjj1010
okay buddy you win. Dirk Midrange = 99.00000% , Jordan midrange = 99. 34455223 %. Look at career 2 point percentage dude. ESPN.com
Yea resort to nonsense since you can't backup your statements. Typical falty argumentative skills.

You do know 2PT% isn't just 2 point jumpers right? Why on earth would I use that?

# 163 redmondj1992 @ 09/27/11 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Oh I see, because I called you out on speaking crazy you now threaten to cook me on a video game. As if that dismisses you from your previous statement. Beasly has game. I am not denying that. But to say he is anywhere near an 89 just lets me know that he must be a friend of your family.
he is and what system you play on 360 if so send me your name sound like you scared to me...

# 164 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjj1010
I'm sorry dude I'm doing my best to restrain myself but you're so facetious it's ridiculous. You do realize career 2% doesn't break it down by the shot types? i.e. layups, dunks, 10-15 feet, 16-23 feet? I love Jordan as much as the next guy but this is the definition of blind worship.

# 165 BaselinexDrive @ 09/27/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmondj1992
he should be a 85-89 because hes a pure score can play both 3 and 4 has a shot and can defend sometimes...he will be one of the top players in the league if the lockout ends....
Beasley is garb... if he was even a 80! i wouldnt dare touch 2k12...

# 166 EHS_25 @ 09/27/11 02:16 PM
randolph an 83? guess 2k didnt watch the nba last season. He is a beast, atleast an 87

# 167 Vni @ 09/27/11 02:17 PM
How do you come up with theses numbers? You guys really need to stop.

# 168 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
And your saying that to say what...anybody can go off in the playoffs but can you go off when it counts the most in the playoffs...1-3 quarters lights out 4 quarter " ill dish it to chalmers or miller" 6'8 260 with Marion/Stevenson/kidd guarding him...oh OK but I forgot I'm "stupid "
Never said that... You did...

# 169 ronyell @ 09/27/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
everyones complaining about overall ratings & specific shooting ratings is always funny to me!!!
Quote:

OVERALL RATINGS TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ALL ABILITIES!!!

some players OVERALL is low because they are good or great in only particular categories. in those instances they probably have a high rating in those PARTICULAR areas that they excel in (Dirk 99 mid-shot & 85 overall - Bargnani 67 overall & high shooting ratings)

the overall is also weighted by certain abilities pertaing to their position. so softer, non-rebounding, face-up shooting bigs' overalls' will be lower than expected if they are playing center or PF because they lack the other skills tht are weighted to those positions. consequently if you moved them to SF you would see their overall changed higher due to the fact SF ratings are weighted by shooting & more athletic ratings.

same thing goes for the guards that people are complaining about... Rose's OVERALL is high because OVERALL he has a LOT of great abilities (defensive, speed, quickness, iq, decent shot)...

VERY ANNOYING when people think someone deserves high ratings just because they can score. (its a microcosm of the world & sports today... basketball is more than scoring & highlight dunks & blocks)

tendencies & actual in game play matter far more than OVERALL RATING... play a game where Jason Kapono is left open often & watch how he will roast you just like he should... all while having a 64 overall...

all that being said... 2k DOES seem to skew the hell out of other areas & ratings but for the most part i complain about the way they render tendencies (which is what truly alters in-game play)

overall ratings affect rotation & importance in association mode

tendencies affect in-game play

if you want Brgnani's overall higher, ur gonna have to make him a MUCH better rebounder & post defender than he actually is & if you want Rose to be lower, you're gonna have to make him slower & dumber than he actually is.

NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK OR ANYTHING BUT DO YOU NEW GUYS EVEN READ THROUGH THREADS OR PRIOR POSTS BEFORE POSTING NONSENSE?!

# 170 redmondj1992 @ 09/27/11 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselinexDrive
Beasley is garb... if he was even a 80! i wouldnt dare touch 2k12...
play me on 360 and ill show how much gragbe he is ill bet you wont do anything with me

# 171 redmondj1992 @ 09/27/11 02:23 PM
ray allen is very low wow

# 172 BezO @ 09/27/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy
Agreed. He's a great player; a great athlete; a stat-box filler; probably the best overall and complete player in the NBA today - but that still does NOT justify a 98 rating! Especially if Jordan is only 1 higher and Johnson, Bird and other "legends" are rated below him.
I'm arguing to trash overall ratings, so comparing players from different eras is even more obsurd, but I'll play.

LeBron doesn't have the rings those legends have, but there's no ratings for championship rings. The closest we have is a clutch rating, and if you checked those game winning shot stats, LeBron is pretty good in that department too, despite his latest performance. Remember, it wasn't long ago that he carried a bunch of no names to the championship, going through 3 HOFers on the way to losing to another.

Aside from the clutch rating, all we have are ratings for different skills... shooting, passing, defense, etc. I'm trying not to laugh, but we seem to agree that he's, "...probably the best overall and complete player in the NBA today..."

Only because they share a similar skill set is this comparison even possible between MJ & LeBron. I'd say MJ is a clear winner in clutch, freethrows & mid range Js, not as far ahead in defense. After that, it's pretty close. MJ was a better scorer, but Bron is a better passer & rebounder. And Bron is at least 2" taller and 30lbs bigger.

Also remember that Jordan was 28 when he won his first ring. I think LeBron is 27. Take a look at these MJ vs LeBron stats.

Comparing his skillset to Magic & Bird... those dudes have rings, so I don't want to sound crazy, but if you rate them in the areas 2K provides, he's a superior basketball player. Even giving the them both the nod in clutch, passing to Magic and jumpers to Bird, he's still a higher rated player.

# 173 Redskinsfan26 @ 09/27/11 02:27 PM
I love wall but I don't think he should be an 82 if Dirk is an 85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 174 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
I'm sorry dude I'm doing my best to restrain myself but you're so facetious it's ridiculous. You do realize career 2% doesn't break it down by the shot types? i.e. layups, dunks, 10-15 feet, 16-23 feet? I love Jordan as much as the next guy but this is the definition of blind worship.
After 95'. Jordan shot nothing but midrange? I got nothing against Dirk either love Dirk.

# 175 piccolomair @ 09/27/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie D
So you going to tell me Rose isn't the biggest choker since Vince Carter?
yea thats exactly what im going to tell you. Hes not freakin mr clutch, but hes not going to be in the negatives in terms of clutch ratings as you so elegantly put it. Do your self a favor and just youtube rose clutch plays, theres a bunch of them. And not all on the offensive end either.

# 176 SouthBeach @ 09/27/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Check out these stats.

Another reason I feel LeBron made a bad decision. He's obviously the type to defer when there's someone to defer to. And there's something to be said about a super star joining another superstar, both at the height of their careers. But when he's the clear leader on a team, he's as good as any in clutch situations. No one has hit more game winners in recent times. And he's hit more, at a better clip than Dirk. (I remember when folks were questioning Dirk's clutch abilities not too long ago)

LeBron is a ridiculous athlete. Maybe the best the NBA has ever seen. I believe that until he wins several rings, we will all expect more from him. And he may even have to do it without a Wade on his team to get full respect from some. And if he doesn't win 5-6, some will still be saying, "See? Told you he was no Jordan/Kobe".

Bron should've just come to the Knicks.

If I had a quarter for every time I heard a fan of a team other than Miami say "Bron should've just come to [insert team here]" after going on a rant about why LeBron's decision was bad, I'd live next door to LeBron.

# 177 ronyell @ 09/27/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Is that post you quoted a joke? Rose is one of the worst defenders in the league, has Steve Francis like BBIQ and has Gilbert-bad shot selection. The only thing he's good at is being really really fast. 2K continuously rates players on perception instead of actual ability. I mean Hedo Turkoglu should be a 45 but for some reason he's in the 70s.
THIS?!?!?!

did you even the rest of that post before you totally carved out a peice & then absurdly made a point that is addressed in the rest of the post that you omitted?!?!?!

and... the ONLY thing Rose is good at is being fast?!?! LMFAO!!!!

Turky should drop but a 45... ROTFL...even if he was rated a 45, i wouldnt trip as ling as he played like Tukoglo "in-game"

OS should really start screening posts that take up their bandwith... SMH

# 178 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/27/11 02:37 PM
Hey.. to Vince's credit.. he's one of the most clutch jumpshooters in recent memory.. he has A LOT of gamewinners/game tying shots in the past decade.. more so than many top players that are perceived superior to him today all around.. there is no denying that Vince is extremely clutch. Just because he clanked that one shot vs Philly in the playoffs for the Raps doesn't mean he isn't a clutch player..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sQxpGhMTE

# 179 piccolomair @ 09/27/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
If I had a quarter for every time I heard a fan of a team other than Miami say "Bron should've just come to [insert team here]" after going on a rant about why LeBron's decision was bad, I'd live next door to LeBron.
lol, maybe you could take some of those quarters and give it to lebron while your living next door to him, cuz u know lebron, he never seems to have that 4th quarter

# 180 ronyell @ 09/27/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Is that post you quoted a joke? Rose is one of the worst defenders in the league, has Steve Francis like BBIQ and has Gilbert-bad shot selection. The only thing he's good at is being really really fast. 2K continuously rates players on perception instead of actual ability. I mean Hedo Turkoglu should be a 45 but for some reason he's in the 70s.
wa... wait... maybe your right... he probably DID when MVP & was applauded by his peers & coaches around the league ONLY because he's fast... (btw... speed, finishing at the rim, decent shot, good IQ & carrying a team & being all of those talents in one are generally considered to be things that make a great guard)

im not a huge Rose fan but i do respect & recognize his OVERALL talent just like i do Lebron James

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.