Home
Forza Motorsport 4 News Post

Forza Motorsport 4 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Download it from the Marketplace or queue it up right here.

Here are some of the details, courtesy of Eurogamer.

Quote:
The demo includes a quick race option on the Bernese Alps track.

A taster of the new Rivals mode - a competitive option similar to Need for Speed's Autolog - is also included.

Players will be able to test drive the Kia cee'd, 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, 2011 Subaru WRX STI and 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO.

Game: Forza Motorsport 4Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
Forza Motorsport 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SinisterAlex @ 10/05/11 02:08 AM
Just finished some races and played with the Zonda C in rivals mode:

+ The car sounds seem to be much improved. The 458 especially really caught my attention. The shifts, revs, everything is miles better than they ever were in Forza 3.

+ The new tire data is amazing. I play with everything turned off (except for braking line) and the very first turn I made my car lost grip immediately. In Forza 3, you car was predictable, but in this Forza 4 with this new tire data, it makes sim racing much better. I can also tell this game is going to be amazing for those whole like to drift! I'm not much of a drifter though.

+ As others have stated, menus are very sleek and clean looking.

+ I absolutely love how the pushed the in car camera view back a bit. I can now see out of my rear view mirror. I also like the little refinements they made to the hands and the way the steering wheel turns. The dash and interior look top notch as well.

+ The car sounds in general are amazing.

+ The in game audio actually has some decent music to listen to while driving. I'll turn it off in the full game as I like to hear the sound of my engine, but they're miles better than Forza 3's in game music...

I might post a video of a few laps from rivals mode using the Zonda C, I got some pretty good lap times.

Overall, I cannot wait for this game to drop!

# 22 Tomba @ 10/05/11 07:26 AM
Anyone not happy with a game like this i don't know what they'll be happy with %^&*( i
In 1080p this game is beautifully realistic and the cars look better than GT5 I Can agree that Forza 3 looked kinda "sketch" but not this.
Lighting
DAMAGE!(just for fun I went on and tried wrecking some cars i know very unsim like of me, but it was very impressive)

The cockpit view looks BETTER than both NEED For Speed shift 2 AND GT5 . It just is positioned perfectly. I felt finally like I WAS driving these cars...

Car contrl is suberb as well. It's like a mix between GT5 AND Dirt3. And thats a BIG compliment because both of those game combined make the perfect combo, because of their strengths and thats what Forza 4 has those games strengths

Didn't think Turn 10 could turn their series around. Racing game have been LACKLUSTER lately and have become common fodder. good to see Forza 4 break free from that stigmata.

# 23 acreyman @ 10/05/11 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Just did a few laps in all the cars...

It was a pleasure to drive all three cars in quick race, Cougar, Subaru, and the 599.

This is probably already known, but a workaround to turn off the background music is to play music from your library and pause it. It effectively kills the in-game music so you can enjoy the engine sounds.

Only minus I have with the demo is no replay mode and no listing of each lap time.
Hey there are three other cars to drive in here........its a time trial thing. I like the controls on realistic steering even with my controller. Is the steering wheel worth getting or does it make that big a difference?

# 24 bluengold34_OS @ 10/05/11 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Hey there are three other cars to drive in here........its a time trial thing. I like the controls on realistic steering even with my controller. Is the steering wheel worth getting or does it make that big a difference?
I have a wheel, but it drives so nicely with a controller, why bother hooking it up.

# 25 Millennium @ 10/05/11 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I have a wheel, but it drives so nicely with a controller, why bother hooking it up.
Because you now how satisfying it is to take turns with the wheel and force feedback system.

# 26 bluengold34_OS @ 10/05/11 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Because you now how satisfying it is to take turns with the wheel and force feedback system.
Normally I would agree with this 100%, as I use my wheel for iRacing and every other racing game....on the PS3/PC. My PS3 and PC are in my office, so it's easy to have all that stuff hooked up. My 360 is out in my living room, and trying to hook the wheel up is a pain...so I shall sacrifice that feeling, for the pure simplicity of sitting on my couch and just racing.

# 27 lnin0 @ 10/05/11 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I agree. Forza handles so well with a controller no matter if you are on easy or sim. I have a wheel and I rarely go though the hassle to drag it out for Forza.

You would assume gamepad input is part of game design 101 but so many racing games fail for no other reason than poor, disconnected, twitchy controls it makes you wonder what secret Turn 10 has.

# 28 Behindshadows @ 10/05/11 11:43 PM
I love the way this demo plays, if you up the difficulty you really have to focus on the road.

I can see now cockpit view is my definite camera view and I love Ferrari's. That burnt orange color is beautiful...

Playing on Samsung D7000 LED put the picture mode on Natural and it looks so real.

This game is going to be a beat next week when I get it..

# 29 Cyros @ 10/06/11 01:48 PM
Never owned a sim racing game before, and honestly was never a fan (limited time with Gran Turismo). Saying all that, I think this demo just sold the game to me (that and watching a lot of Top Gear recently).

# 30 burnwood @ 10/06/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Thanks. I didn't notice that until last night. I've been working hard to get better in Rivals mode with the Zonda. After many laps, I could only place in the mid 10,000s in the leaderboards (top 5%). The handling in this game is perfect.

# 31 burnwood @ 10/07/11 12:28 AM
I managed to shave more seconds off with the Zonda in Rivals.

01:44.915 and in the top 3% (with the Xbox wheel).

I couldn't drive this good in the previous three Forza's. They must have done something right with this game.

# 32 SinisterAlex @ 10/07/11 01:21 AM
I'm loving the hard A.I difficulty. Managed to get first place for the first time today, thought I'd post the video.

This A.I difficulty requires real skill in terms of passing other cars. Speed and braking play a huge factor. I had to get really aggressive towards the end of the race to catch up to the first place car which was way ahead of every other car... I got a little too aggressive at the end lol.

# 33 allBthere @ 10/07/11 01:49 AM
Very nice driving ATomic! and thanks for the vid...sense of speed is def improved.

# 34 SinisterAlex @ 10/07/11 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Very nice driving ATomic! and thanks for the vid...sense of speed is def improved.
Thanks! This was done with my controller as well... too lazy to bring out my steering wheel

Yes, the sense of speed is a lot better compared to Forza 3. Maybe it's the tire data they collected from Pirelli or something, but something has changed.

# 35 Behindshadows @ 10/07/11 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Thanks! This was done with my controller as well... too lazy to bring out my steering wheel

Yes, the sense of speed is a lot better compared to Forza 3. Maybe it's the tire data they collected from Pirelli or something, but something has changed.
Great video none the less and great quality....good race...

# 36 SinisterAlex @ 10/07/11 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Great video none the less and great quality....good race...
Thanks

# 37 burnwood @ 10/08/11 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Thanks
What capture hardware are you using? I've always wanted to get one.

# 38 SinisterAlex @ 10/08/11 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
What capture hardware are you using? I've always wanted to get one.
The AverTV HD DVR PCI-e capture card. For 100$ it records 720p content flawlessly.

# 39 fool @ 10/08/11 07:13 PM
-This is a fun game, but it isn't "that" different from Forza 3. GT4 - GT5 is a much bigger upgrade than Forza 3-4.

- Graphics are nice, but the photorealism is just not there. I don't know what it is, but you can tell right away that it's a video game. I love the game and don't care so much about graphics, but I really would have to say GT5 still has the title of best graphics on a console racer. Good thing Forza 4 kills it in fun-factor.

- This is a must buy for anyone who loved 3, or didn't play 4. To those who moderately enjoyed 3, I don't see this game as a must buy.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.