Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Hi guys,

I'm the Social Media Coordinator for 2kSports and I know we have been having issues with the "My2K" account verification.

The issues to my knowledge are the following:
  • Registered users receive an e-mail and the verification code clicks in as "INVALID"
  • Registered users are not receiving ANY e-mails for verifications
  • From the "update My2K" menu via console, the "Reset Password" feature isn't sending an e-mail
Please leave your registered "My2k" username in this thread and I will manually re-send an e-mail attempt while our team works on the issues at hand.

Thanks for all your patience, I can promise the team is working on hammering out all the issues. For now, I'm here to help with e-mail verifications.

Thanks guys.

UPDATE:

Great news for you users who need verification for your “My2K” accounts! Now you can verify manually by the following steps:

1. If you go to: https://www.nba2k.com/social/link
2. Enter your “My2K” account name AND password
3. When you log in, successfully, this is an automatic verification of your account via the log in!

Again it’s for people who haven’t received an email, had an INVALID link in their email, or are wanting/needing to verify their "My2K" account.

Additionally, ALL email links will work now, even if they are expired. You just may require a log-in before validating the account.

Hope this will be of MAJOR help to all of you who were having verification issues!

- Chris
Social Media Coordinator

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 balldoktor81 @ 10/06/11 10:46 AM
username: balldoktor81

# 242 Cudder @ 10/06/11 10:47 AM
IceColdKilla28

# 243 dsan88 @ 10/06/11 10:56 AM
username: ahcla88

thanks

# 244 avwhitechic @ 10/06/11 10:57 AM
Ayo straight up this is how customer service should be done. No one said problems wouldnt arise with these games. But i luv how to 2K attacks the problem head on. PROPS TO U 2K

# 245 hogfanhw81 @ 10/06/11 11:11 AM
hogfanhw81

# 246 jmmontoro @ 10/06/11 11:27 AM
jmmontoro / [email protected]
Could it be IP related? I'm not in the US.

# 247 Yoko Unwe @ 10/06/11 11:31 AM
Username is Yoko Unwe

# 248 ahayz @ 10/06/11 11:37 AM
ahayz33

not getting email

# 249 jvcayuela @ 10/06/11 11:44 AM
Username is jvcayuela

# 250 ponjen @ 10/06/11 12:01 PM
My 2K account is " ponjen "

Thx & Plz!!

# 251 kukacz @ 10/06/11 12:01 PM

# 252 RivaGe @ 10/06/11 12:09 PM
RivaGe
Thanks in advance!

# 253 hdx @ 10/06/11 12:10 PM

# 254 bigchromedog @ 10/06/11 12:12 PM
mk name I think is:
Bigchromedog

email addy:
[email protected]

# 255 LD2k @ 10/06/11 12:12 PM
UPDATE:

The "Reset Password" feature should now be working properly. Please use this feature and let me know if you recieve the e-mails to change passwords for your accounts.

You can access this by:
  1. Going to the in-game menu
  2. Pressing the right thumbstick to access the menu
  3. Go down and select "FEATURES"
  4. Go down and select "My2K"
  5. Select "My2K ACCOUNT"
  6. Go down and select "Reset Password"
Let me know if this process sends you out a new password (and POSSIBLY a new verification)

# 256 ahayz @ 10/06/11 12:15 PM
I am now getting link is invalid

ahayz33

# 257 stlpimpmonsta @ 10/06/11 12:23 PM
anyone else having issues doing the YT account thing? Keep geting this error page telling me i have to enable cookies and when i do nothing changes.

# 258 jmmontoro @ 10/06/11 12:28 PM
I'm still not getting any emails. When I open My2K Account, everything is empty except username, is that okay?
Username is: jmmontoro
Email is: [email protected]

# 259 hdx @ 10/06/11 12:36 PM
nop doesnt work for me

# 260 LD2k @ 10/06/11 12:39 PM
If you've posted, I've resent for ALL posters up to this point.

A few things I'd like to point out:

List of users that did NOT show up in our database:
Also the following posts WILL BE SUBMITTED to our team to fix the issue(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
anyone else having issues doing the YT account thing? Keep geting this error page telling me i have to enable cookies and when i do nothing changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTMar
OK I received the email last night. I accepted & used the link for TMar but on my game the account says MasterTMar. What should I do. I would like to use my primary name(TMar), not my secondary(MasterTMar). Both times I set it up, I used the same email address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario29
SuperMario_29 (verified it through my email, but it didn't save in game)

SuperMario_2931 (saved in game and verified)

I verified two because the first one didn't save in the game and it made me do it over. Is this a problem? In the game the SuperMario_2931 is the id that is saved and it won't let me change. Will this be a problem, or am I good to go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavee J
CHRIS PLEASE HELP ME!

My MY2K Account Is All Screwed Up...When I Try To Make Any Changes It Tells Me To Enter My Password But When I Do It Keeps Saying That My Password Is Incorrect When I Know For A Fact That Its Not...Then When I Select Reset Password I Never Get Any Email In My Inbox Or Spam...Its Acting Like I Never Created A MY2K Account In The First Place Because All The Fields Are Blank Including My Favorite Team And I Cant Just Start Over And Create A New MY2K Because I've Already Earned The A 2K To Call My Own Achievement So It Wont Let Me!

Please Help Me This Is So Frustrating!

MY2K Account Name Is heavee j (And By The Way If You Can, Could You Please Change My Account Name From All Lower Case Letters To All Caps Please, I Would Really Appreciate It - HEAVEE J)

And My Email Is [email protected]

Thank You,

HEAVEE J
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaDogg
My 2k account name is Dazz and my xbox live username is King DazzaDogg my email is [email protected]

But this is for Another question (kinda related), with the kings and run tmc teams unlock code, mine doesn't work do I need to activate my account first or what I know I've typed it in right.
Quote:
I verified two accounts but only the 2nd account worked in the game. Is this a problem that there are two accounts linked to my email address (especially because the first account is the one that didn't save). Please respond. I'll just run with the 2nd account because it's verified and won't let me change it in the game if it's ok.
Quote:
I completed the registration the first time with the username SuperMario_29. NBA 2k12 booted me at the end of the process and it never saved on my account. I had to redo it with SuperMario_2931 and completed the registration for that one (I think). I just want to make sure I didn't do something wrong because I completed and verified two registrations under the same email address and only one worked in the game for me (the 2nd one). Please get back to me 2k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceguy7
LD2k .. ok I got the email and when I go to the part that says If you did not create a My2K Account, click here... I click that and it tells me the link you clicked is invalid. Still have aceguy78 greyed out at the top where you login to your my2k account. Still wont let me delete or try logging in with a different name. ... :-/ I am on the ps3 version
Quote:
I have a question for the 2k guy here. When I first signed up it booted me during the end of the process and an email still got sent that I accepted. When I tried to sign back in online. It made me go through the process again and I couldn't retrieve my username for "My2k" and I had to enter a different one and that time it worked. Is it going to be a problem that there are two accounts created to my same email address? This whole thing has me confused.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.