Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Hi guys,

I'm the Social Media Coordinator for 2kSports and I know we have been having issues with the "My2K" account verification.

The issues to my knowledge are the following:
  • Registered users receive an e-mail and the verification code clicks in as "INVALID"
  • Registered users are not receiving ANY e-mails for verifications
  • From the "update My2K" menu via console, the "Reset Password" feature isn't sending an e-mail
Please leave your registered "My2k" username in this thread and I will manually re-send an e-mail attempt while our team works on the issues at hand.

Thanks for all your patience, I can promise the team is working on hammering out all the issues. For now, I'm here to help with e-mail verifications.

Thanks guys.

UPDATE:

Great news for you users who need verification for your “My2K” accounts! Now you can verify manually by the following steps:

1. If you go to: https://www.nba2k.com/social/link
2. Enter your “My2K” account name AND password
3. When you log in, successfully, this is an automatic verification of your account via the log in!

Again it’s for people who haven’t received an email, had an INVALID link in their email, or are wanting/needing to verify their "My2K" account.

Additionally, ALL email links will work now, even if they are expired. You just may require a log-in before validating the account.

Hope this will be of MAJOR help to all of you who were having verification issues!

- Chris
Social Media Coordinator

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 MasterTMar @ 10/05/11 08:22 PM
I used BOTH. TMar yesterday morning & MasterTMar today

# 62 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceguy7
ok did receive the email and I clicked the link for verification ... will this change the name in the game for me back to aceguy7? I should also say after I clicked it took me to a screen and said thank you for verifying your email address. Going to check in the game now to see if it changed back to aceguy7. will reply back ... thanks
I believe so... Go ahead and check.

# 63 prnemesis @ 10/05/11 08:22 PM
Prnemesis for xbox360

# 64 MasterTMar @ 10/05/11 08:22 PM
...but I REALLY wanted TMar

# 65 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nothing in my inbox or spam folder yet. Yahoo's screwing this up pretty spectacularly.
Yes, I will re-send for you, again. Yahoo is bouncing back e-mails; and issue we are working on.

# 66 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTMar
I used BOTH. TMar yesterday morning & MasterTMar today
E-mails re-sent for both.

# 67 Bug @ 10/05/11 08:25 PM
Did you resent one for weezybaby241

# 68 illwill10 @ 10/05/11 08:27 PM
It worked for me this time. Before I kept getting Invalid.
Thanks for the fix

# 69 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Did you resent one for weezybaby241
Yes, just did again, as well. Please check spam folder, additionally as some people have found the e-mail in the spam folder.

# 70 MasterTMar @ 10/05/11 08:28 PM
Still haven't received the email, do you think that I should change from a hotmail to a gmail to register?

# 71 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:30 PM
Quote:
Still haven't received the email, do you think that I should change from a hotmail to a gmail to register?
Try this. Then let me know when you've updated your email.

In fact, please try this if you're still not receiving it and are using a Yahoo account. When we fix the issue, you can ALWAYS change the e-mail back to your Yahoo accounts.

# 72 thebesteva_22 @ 10/05/11 08:33 PM
rickJwalker nvm i got it.

# 73 bcruise @ 10/05/11 08:33 PM
Quote:
That's what I would do if I thought I could - problem is on the PC version I think my CD Key (or rather, my Steam download key), is linked to the first time I registered. I don't know if I can register with another email on that same key. WIll give it a try, though.

I'm going to assume my e-mail probably bounced again...may just have to wait until yahoo gets this sorted out. To be honest I don't even play online, though I would use the youtube highlight upload feature if I could.

# 74 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
That's what I would do if I thought I could - problem is on the PC version I think my CD Key (or rather, my Steam download key), is linked to the first time I registered. I don't know if I can register with another email on that same key. WIll give it a try, though.

I'm going to assume my e-mail probably bounced again...may just have to wait until yahoo gets this sorted out. To be honest I don't even play online, though I would use the youtube highlight upload feature if I could.
I got you. Don't worry about not being able losing any information to where everything is linked. We'll get it sorted out for you.

# 75 MasterTMar @ 10/05/11 08:37 PM
I am using a hotmail, not a yahoo. Do you think that I should try to use another email address, like my gmail.

# 76 rnichol8 @ 10/05/11 08:38 PM
Reggie2455

# 77 SoundTheAlarm @ 10/05/11 08:40 PM
WyattAult. Thanks a ton

# 78 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldd
WyattAult. Thanks a ton
User is not in database. What is your e-mail?

# 79 prnemesis @ 10/05/11 08:44 PM
were you able to send to PRnemesis im a 360 user

# 80 LD2k @ 10/05/11 08:45 PM
Alright everyone. I'm stepping out now.

Please continue to leave you "my2k" accounts here and I will get to them. In the meantime, thanks for your patience and once we get all these issues resolved, my virtual Lakers are going to do some damage on you guys

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.