Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Lost in the NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 announcement, released earlier today, EA Sports and the NCAA Football 12 team have stated they are working on title update #4.

Quote:
We'd also like to announce that the team is currently working on a fourth title update and we will announce details at a later date.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 LionsFanNJ @ 10/09/11 10:50 AM
One small thing id like to see is let the no huddle user teams do the whole look to sideline thing. I can't trigger it like the cpu does. Last years trick doesn't work.

Tuner for DE pressure and CPU HB's to use their special moves wouldn't hurt either.

# 62 Sundown2600 @ 10/09/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Tuner for DE pressure and CPU HB's to use their special moves wouldn't hurt either.
I've pretty much fixed DE pressure with sliders with a tip from Playmakers. They at least use their special moves and get to the QB before the DTs on a more consistent basis. 100 Pass Rush and 55 Pass Block is the setting. It's not perfect, but much better.

The last part of your post is what's gonna make me give up on this game. The RBs and WRs in this game have no identity. A user made a great point Thur night after the Oregon game. He commented on LaMichael James' running style and asked why backs like him don't run that way on the EA game, especially since they ran true to their tendency last year. I'm sick of seeing Chris Rainey run straight and lower his head into a LB without even trying to juke. I'm sick of seeing Kick returners run straight along the sideline when there is literally 50 yards of open space on the other side of the field! It's really got me to the point of saying screw it.

I honestly think this is all tied in to the screwed up tendency issues we have had since launch. They attempted to fix it before but didn't. My gut tells me this all ties in somehow. I can't prove it, but how do we explain RBs in NCAA 11 running and using special moves and this year they all run like Earl Campbell? IDK anymore lol.

EA. We need the tuners you promised!

# 63 tacosaban @ 10/09/11 12:15 PM
Fix the 3/4 under defense. Certain plays cause online games to disconnect! Sucks!

# 64 FSUNoles2009 @ 10/09/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igolfbad
Maybe Patch #4 will fix the spelling and grammar of many of the OS posters.

(removes tongue from cheek)
YES! I'm going back 'n forth between NBA2k12 and this forum and it's amazing how poor some of the grammar and basic spelling problems are in these forums. I realize that this is an online forum and everything, but some of the stuff people should get out of the eighth grade.

# 65 Knight9299 @ 10/09/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
fix the corners on the option
This should be top priority.

# 66 LionsFanNJ @ 10/09/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I've pretty much fixed DE pressure with sliders with a tip from Playmakers. They at least use their special moves and get to the QB before the DTs on a more consistent basis. 100 Pass Rush and 55 Pass Block is the setting. It's not perfect, but much better.

The last part of your post is what's gonna make me give up on this game. The RBs and WRs in this game have no identity. A user made a great point Thur night after the Oregon game. He commented on LaMichael James' running style and asked why backs like him don't run that way on the EA game, especially since they ran true to their tendency last year. I'm sick of seeing Chris Rainey run straight and lower his head into a LB without even trying to juke. I'm sick of seeing Kick returners run straight along the sideline when there is literally 50 yards of open space on the other side of the field! It's really got me to the point of saying screw it.
I think its deper than that actually. For a while now I noticed jukes and spins simply DO NOT FOOL the tacklers. Even the double move jukes. No matter the tackle rating the defender closest to tackling you 95% of the time ignores any juke and you're tackled. I would be surprised if in the coding the ball carriers ARE using their special moves but the tackling simply doesn't allow anything but trucking animations. In past NCAA's at contact the elusive backs would get avoidance animations instead of what we get now which are the power animations.

Btw here's something to try get into the open field one on one with a far safety as the only tackler. Do the multiple stutter step wiggling either stick rapidly back and forth and watch as the defender mirrors the minute movements exactly. Something definitely changed this year. At least they're not hell bent on cuttiing back to the middle all the time anymore. But again its something I've learned to live with and not let it annoy me much and just play. It would be wonderful if tuned though.

# 67 DubTrey1 @ 10/09/11 05:09 PM
Dirty Unis, PI calls, tune the fumbles, CC tuned/progression fix and tendency glitch - please, EA address these and you should be done until 13 is ready.

# 68 jetsfan08865 @ 10/09/11 06:25 PM
Meh,
If EA reaches update 5 with this title i'm DONE. This year has been the worst for Madden & NCAA Football. I've been a loyal buyer of both games since N64 days (Madden) & Ps2 days for NCAA Football . But lately i've been thinking about not buying either or next year or at the very least letting reviews decide on if i should buy or not this is becoming embarrassing.

# 69 sportzbro @ 10/10/11 01:13 AM
a fourth patch?

# 70 NDFan1029 @ 10/10/11 05:47 AM
If this patch won't be released until November, you are talking a good 4+ months after the original release date that they are still working on fixing NCAA 12. Not only does that speak volumes about the quality or lack thereof of the release day game, but I'd say it also cuts into the time that should by now be spent on working on NCAA 13. Unless of course the teams working on the patch are separate from the developers of 13, which is doubtful.

# 71 DJ @ 10/10/11 11:36 AM
I've enjoyed NCAA 12, despite its flaws, since launch.

That said, since we are getting a fourth patch, I'm going to ride this game out for another 1-2 years. No way am I going through the sit-and-wait game with NCAA 13 like I did this year.

# 72 K0ZZ @ 10/10/11 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
If this patch won't be released until November, you are talking a good 4+ months after the original release date that they are still working on fixing NCAA 12. Not only does that speak volumes about the quality or lack thereof of the release day game, but I'd say it also cuts into the time that should by now be spent on working on NCAA 13. Unless of course the teams working on the patch are separate from the developers of 13, which is doubtful.
I really doubt they are focusing on the patch. If anything they have a small number of people still working on it. No way a whole studio takes a month to edit code.

# 73 franko3219 @ 10/10/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
Agreed, and not only that but we will either be at halfway, or past the halfway point of the season, and for me personally I usually only play the game for the CF season.

# 74 jackson @ 10/10/11 05:03 PM
This is going to be the first year that I trade in ncaa earlier than just before next years release. Im 32 and been playing since I could hold a controller but its just boring this year. Besides, there are way too many games coming the next few weeks to pay for w/o trade in. This thinking was unfathomable in years past....I can't even believe im typing this. Gamestop is giving 15 trade fwiw. That's 1/4 towards skyrim. Im in despite patch 4 or 5 or whatever. Sad really. Come on 2k.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

# 75 TheTodd84 @ 10/10/11 06:33 PM
All of the issues you are referring to, with the exception of the online dynasty and the depth chart issues are all engine-related. The worthlessness of the engine they created has been exposed this year more than ever. It's pretty incredible that a company of EA's size and net worth can come up with an engine so terrible. It's even worse that they cannot or will not acknowledge they created a disaster and just scrap it altogether.

Anyway, the issues with the defenders not getting fooled by jukes and minute movements and the warping and such are all engine issues. The reason that the trench interactions and WR/DB interactions are so broken is because of the engine. There are no "partial wins." It's either a win or a loss. What I mean by that is that if an offensive lineman is engaged with a defensive lineman, there is no way the DL can partially disengage with the OL and disrupt a hole or force the OL back into the QB for a sack.

That makes for a lack of realistic outcomes in all aspects of football. Another issue that continues to crop up is warping. Warping is another engine issue. Warping occurs because there is no penalty for change of direction. There are no on-the-fly calculations. Guys will come from 15-yards away from the play and break up a pass while it is in the air after they recognize the play and had their back to the ball. This is also physics-based. There are zero physics in this game whatsoever. None. Real-time physics are badly needed. But if that is not possible for whatever sorry excuse they give this year, then at least a complete engine overhaul is the only thing that can save this game. Polishing a turd won't cut it anymore.

At least make it so that a change of direction actually means the defender can't make it there on time. And make it so that the Psychic CPU on AA and Heisman are eliminated forever. They should have better recognition skills, sure, but they shouldn't know what plays im running or run the routes for my receivers. That's some BS and obviously completely unrealistic.

Unless NCAA 13 completely overhauls the game and there is an engine overhaul of some kind and major changes, I will wait until patches come out to rent it at best. Just to see if it is any good. Otherwise, I'll stick to coaching real football. At least in real-life there is a penalty for having your back to the play and changing direction.

And the sad thing is, EA calls this game a "simulation." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. They should be sued for false advertising. This is NFL Blitz with real college teams. Name one simulation aspect of this game besides the stadiums and the uniforms and having nessler and herby call the games. I wish you luck in finding me one.

I hope NCAA 13 is good. Heck, it can't be much worse. But to say it's worth $60? That's pushing it. I'll believe it when I see it. I won't have my hopes up.

# 76 malky @ 10/10/11 08:44 PM
Hopefully it puts an end to the freezes, can't play more than one game without it freezing on me

# 77 evansxmc @ 10/10/11 09:54 PM
Hopefully they can at least update uniforms

# 78 GoBlue10 @ 10/11/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
At this point, I am almost afraid to download and install patches from this company. It seems like every patch release just makes the game worse and worse. Maybe they will take their time with this one and surprise everyone. Forza is out next week so NCAA will be taking a back seat anyway.

I agree 100%. I'm a hardcore NCAA guy, but this game gets worse every patch that is released. I don't understand why they can't release a game and live with the results.

# 79 BGarrett7 @ 10/11/11 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
I don't understand why they can't release a game and live with the results.
Because of places like OS.

# 80 rdubbs40 @ 10/11/11 12:18 PM
I am so sick of superlinebackers and cornerbacks that cover two receivers at the same time

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.