Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Lost in the NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 announcement, released earlier today, EA Sports and the NCAA Football 12 team have stated they are working on title update #4.

Quote:
We'd also like to announce that the team is currently working on a fourth title update and we will announce details at a later date.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 COACH WEBB @ 10/11/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdubbs40
I am so sick of superlinebackers and cornerbacks that cover two receivers at the same time
What do you mean here? Because I'm a former football player and a current football coach and a cornerback can cover 2 wrs at a time. Not in man coverage of course, but in zone. For example, in cover 3 if a cover has 2 wrs running verticals, he can cover them. What he does is split the difference between them (run in-between WRS) and he's able to cover both of them.

# 82 PowerofRed25 @ 10/11/11 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH WEBB
What do you mean here? Because I'm a former football player and a current football coach and a cornerback can cover 2 wrs at a time. Not in man coverage of course, but in zone. For example, in cover 3 if a cover has 2 wrs running verticals, he can cover them. What he does is split the difference between them (run in-between WRS) and he's able to cover both of them.
I think he means corners in man coverage who break off their man coverage the second the ball is in the air, despite not being able to see the ball or the intended receiver. They just "know" where the ball is.

It is a pretty significant problem on crossing routes, combo routes (post/corner combos) and vertical routes that are close together. I notice it a ton lately now that I switched to air raid. I ran a mesh concept last night against man to man coverage, as the WR's crossed, I threw to the backside mesh WR and the DB on the strong side mesh WR knocked it down despite running the opposite direction. He stopped, turned and slapped it away despite being able to see the pass or the receiver.

I see this more in verticals though, where you'll throw one of the vertical routes and while the ball is in the air, the DB on the other vertical will leave his guy and play the ball despite not being able to see it.

# 83 DreadedSteeler @ 10/11/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
I agree 100%. I'm a hardcore NCAA guy, but this game gets worse every patch that is released. I don't understand why they can't release a game and live with the results.
Not sure if it is getting worse for me, but definitely more and more frustrating knowing it is time to tweak sliders again every few weeks. Knowing a 4th patch is on the way i'm considering whether I should keep tweaking or just shelve the game till the final patch or tuner is released.

I didn't want to download this latest one, but in order to upload my highlights I was forced to. Really wish there was a way to pick and choose the patches and tuners we want or at least an option available to reinstall the previous version.

# 84 BlastX21 @ 10/11/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I think he means corners in man coverage who break off their man coverage the second the ball is in the air, despite not being able to see the ball or the intended receiver. They just "know" where the ball is.

It is a pretty significant problem on crossing routes, combo routes (post/corner combos) and vertical routes that are close together. I notice it a ton lately now that I switched to air raid. I ran a mesh concept last night against man to man coverage, as the WR's crossed, I threw to the backside mesh WR and the DB on the strong side mesh WR knocked it down despite running the opposite direction. He stopped, turned and slapped it away despite being able to see the pass or the receiver.

I see this more in verticals though, where you'll throw one of the vertical routes and while the ball is in the air, the DB on the other vertical will leave his guy and play the ball despite not being able to see it.
This explains it perfectly.

Its not just DB's by the way. Once you throw the ball, everyone on the D starts running to it, whether they saw the ball thrown or not. The problem is that the offensive players don't do the same thing. There's a significant lag between the time the ball is thrown to the time the receivers react and start trying to block people. Whereas the D magically knows where the ball is the second it goes out of the QB's hands.

# 85 xaiw @ 10/11/11 05:40 PM
how do i get the patch to download or how can i tell if ive already gotten it cause honestly if i did get a patch ncaa 12 still is garbage....?

# 86 rspencer86 @ 10/11/11 05:50 PM
To everyone saying this is taking away time from NCAA 13 development... wouldn't they have to fix these issues anyway?

# 87 stoncold32 @ 10/11/11 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
. wouldn't they have to fix these issues anyway?
If this was the case, then we wouldnt have the same issues year to year.

# 88 Magicnoles @ 10/11/11 10:55 PM
is this game worth buying, i plan on buying ncaa12 madden12 or fifa12 tomorrow, need some help

# 89 BlastX21 @ 10/12/11 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicnoles
is this game worth buying, i plan on buying ncaa12 madden12 or fifa12 tomorrow, need some help
No. You will be getting extremely frustrated within 2 weeks.

# 90 authentic @ 10/12/11 08:51 AM
I wonder if EA would ever consider doing an open beta with their sports games, preferably Madden, NCAA, and NBA Elite when it comes out. Having an open beta a month or more before release would speed things up. Battlefield was infected with problems but I bet it's fixed on release day. Just a thought. Yes? No?

# 91 WoOkiE FTW @ 10/12/11 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I wonder if EA would ever consider doing an open beta with their sports games, preferably Madden, NCAA, and NBA Elite when it comes out. Having an open beta a month or more before release would speed things up. Battlefield was infected with problems but I bet it's fixed on release day. Just a thought. Yes? No?
I've constantly said to my friends that everyone paid 60 bucks to be beta testers for NCAA 13.

# 92 Armor and Sword @ 10/12/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I've enjoyed NCAA 12, despite its flaws, since launch.

That said, since we are getting a fourth patch, I'm going to ride this game out for another 1-2 years. No way am I going through the sit-and-wait game with NCAA 13 like I did this year.
Oh yeah I hear you brutha.

I will be purchasing no sports games next year. The only one that has a shot....a shot is believe it or not Madden 13.

Yes that is right. I am so enjoying Madden 12. If they can come back next year with a much improved AI logic engine for franchise mode and revamp the entire play by play/color engine and give a real broadcast like presentation It will be worth it.

Otherwise I am sitting tight for a couple of years with all the titles I have purchased this past year and half.

MLB The Show 11
NHL 11
NBA2K11
NBA2K12 (buying on Black Friday)
Madden 12
NCAA 12

I am set for a long time.

In the meantime I am really still enjoying NCAA 12 and found the patch did wonders to the colors and stability of the game. I am looking forward to patch 4 and seeing what else will be tuned.

I am in year 4 and will keep this current dynasty going probably longer than any other I have ever done on the NCAA series. With the Coaching Carousel I can jump ship and go to a smaller school or if I can get this ship turned around go to antoher powerhouse!

# 93 fistofrage @ 10/12/11 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Even if they had an open Beta, it would be mainly the win at all cost crowd testing it. The less sim elements for them the better, they don't want turnovers, penalties, bobbled snaps, etc, standing in the way of victory.

I am not sure who EA listens to when they do patches and tuners but after playing Fight Night Champion, I have a pretty good idea that its a 13 year old whiner with self esteem issues that givers them their feedback.

# 94 rdubbs40 @ 10/12/11 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25

Scary that a Husker fan could be that smart (LOL, just kidding of course) but that's exactly what I was talking about

# 95 Buckeye Country @ 10/12/11 07:06 PM
R they going to release info on this?

# 96 89OneHanded @ 10/13/11 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles72781
Also, has EA issued any type of apology?
I don't want an apology from EA, I want them to put out a quality product, if they're going to monopolize the market and force me to pay them 60$ if I want to play a football video game. I have bought both NCAA and Madden every year since 2001, but I will certainly not be buying NCAA next year. This is pathetic. I can only hope Take Two will be able to make a large enough bid for the NFLPA license in 2013.

# 97 ren6175 @ 10/13/11 01:35 PM
If I were them I wouldn't issue an apology or do anything differently. Out of the millions of people who bought the game there are a few 1000 (if that) that dislike the game that all post on operation sports.

I personally love the game. I will be buying NCAA13, but I am happy to see the updates because there are a few problems. Nothing that I don't see in 99% of all video games released nowadays.

Sorry that you don't like it though.

# 98 nonnel @ 10/13/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren6175
If I were them I wouldn't issue an apology or do anything differently. Out of the millions of people who bought the game there are a few 1000 (if that) that dislike the game that all post on operation sports.

I personally love the game. I will be buying NCAA13, but I am happy to see the updates because there are a few problems. Nothing that I don't see in 99% of all video games released nowadays.

This is some amazing logic on your part. You think there's only a few thousand that don't like the game "if that", and that literally everyone that doesn't like the game not only knows what operation sports is, but comes here and posts about it.

You have an insanely bizarre view on how many people are displeased with this product, and also an insanely bizarre view on the popularity of operation sports. Enjoy the game though.

# 99 WipeOut464 @ 10/13/11 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren6175

That's an odd statement to make without any evidence given in support.

Not to say that it's perfectly representative of the larger consumer base, but NCAA 12's facebook page is also littered with the same kind of comments you see on OS. I imagine NCAA 13's day 1 sales will be a better indication of people's reaction to 12.

# 100 Buckeye Country @ 10/13/11 10:54 PM
Any updates on this by EA?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.