Home
Madden 12 News Post

Hello Madden Fans – We have been working hard monitoring issues seen in Madden NFL 12 and identifying fixes to include in title update #2. While we do not have a date to share yet, I can tell you that the update has already made it through our own internal certification process and has been sent off to first party. Pending first party approval, here is what you can expect to see in Title Update #2:

Custom Playbooks have seen a lot of use this year, but there were a few bugs that some users pointed out that we have fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where newly added sets would create their own formation category instead of grouping them in the same Set and Formation they were being added to. This should reduce some clutter in your playbooks going forward.
  • Fixed rare issue where some placeholder text would show up if you removed the last play for all game situations.
  • Fixed an issue where gameplans that had 0 plays in them would cause players to bundle together on the field. This was always avoidable by not setting 0 plays in your gameplan, but in the future this is prevented.
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Ultimate Team where your Ultimate Team playbook would get replaced with your default playbook (per your "My Settings").
Unfortunately, every year there are players that simply look for Exploits in the game and then use them in online head-to-head matches. We've been actively monitoring and cleaning up the leaderboards of clear egregious exploiters. We've also fixed bugs that allowed Exploits to happen.
  • Similar to an issue above, users could create a gameplan with 0 plays, which would then cause players to bundle up at the line of scrimmage and force an encroachment on the defense. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where users could pause the game with three seconds left in a quarter causing a lock up to occur. When the other player left the game the other would get a win.
Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Fixed an issue where users were awarded coins when their friends quit out of a head-to-head game.
  • Fixed a situation where user with a maxed out deck could get locked up in the My Trades screen.
  • Fixed issue where previous MUT fans could not earn the "This one is easy" achievement/trophy for creating their MUT team in Madden NFL 12.
  • Removed an exploit where a MUT player grieve another player through encroachments and other penalties but not lose contract time from their players. They would also receive coins.
General Issues
  • Fixed several of the most common crashes and online disconnection issues for both platforms.
  • Optimized performance in "Play Now" team select to prevent slow down/hitching when scrolling teams
  • Improved the online leaderboards to be more accurate.
  • Fixed several issues with commentary and PA.
  • Addressed issue where users with large amounts of save data sometimes could not get into online head-to-head games.
  • Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.
  • Improved the field's texture on PS3.
  • The 'recent games' section for head-to-head games uses the wrong colors for winner & loser. This issue has been addressed.
  • Fixed issue where a user only appears as online in the Communities Member List if they're inside the community feature.
  • Fixed issue where in Franchise, editing a player will remove their player roles.
  • Fixed issue where when the maximum number of entrants for a room has been reached, after a user leaves the room, they'll be taken to a new room when they try to reenter it.

Update: Via @EAMaddenNFL Twitter

Quote:
ADDITIONAL TITLE UPDATE #2 FIX: We also fixed the import draft class bug where kickers and punters were being drafted in the top 10.

Source - Madden NFL 12 Title Update Details

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 KSUowls @ 10/10/11 11:59 AM
Decent patch.

I'm happy that they addressed the QB sneak issue. It will also be nice hearing the actual player names in commentary rather than the wrong player or their number. The custom playbooks becoming convoluted also really annoyed me, so that is good. No more rain during nearly every game will also be nice.

Not fixing finesse moves on the d-line is a huge problem though. As is the UDFA issue.

I haven't touched the game since a week or two after release since I'm an offline franchise player. This patch is an improvement, but it probably isn't enough of one for the type of player I am. I'll probably trade it in towards credit for Forza or Skyrim.

# 142 legenddt @ 10/10/11 02:25 PM
Noob question here but how do you install the patch? Is there somewhere specific you have to go to download?

# 143 bh446066 @ 10/10/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
Noob question here but how do you install the patch? Is there somewhere specific you have to go to download?
Nope, it will prompt you automatically when you boot the game up if you're connected online.

# 144 unBEARable @ 10/10/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
you'll be prompted to download it when you boot up madden.

obviously, no prompt, no patch.

# 145 Qdiddy @ 10/10/11 03:06 PM
When is this due out?

# 146 legenddt @ 10/10/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiddy
When is this due out?
Id like to know as well, I appologize if the answer has already been stated

# 147 Palo20 @ 10/10/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
I personally do not play more then one season of Madden

I play every game on the NFL schedule and follow real life injuries

After playing all games of the 2011-2012 NFL season, that leaves me no time to start a second season which I would not anyway since I would be close to the new Madden by then
You keep current with the real winnng teams too? Duplicate the playoffs?

# 148 89OneHanded @ 10/10/11 05:57 PM
I'm glad they fixed the rain issue, and I'm glad they fixed the quarters safeties read/reacting to the run. I'm especially glad I can edit players without losing all of their roles. However, I really wish they would have fixed the AI decision making, not just on cut days, but throughout the entire offline franchise. It is extremely frustrating controlling all 32 teams. It's also frustrating they spent half the patch on Madden Ultimate Team... is that like a trading card game? Wait, better question. Who cares? Get that garbage off of the game and use the memory you free up to fix the idiotic AI. Fix deep ball defender reactions, finesse pass rushing, CPU play calling, CPU roster management. Fix the UDFA cut day problem. Fix the imported draft class problem. Stop wasting your time (and our time) on card games and FIX THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL GAME. kthx.

# 149 yevinorion @ 10/10/11 06:05 PM
If this really does fix the freezes I get sometimes when loading back into the Franchise/Superstar menu after a game, then it will be worth it for that alone. Happy with those couple Franchise fixes as that's the main mode I play, but my main thing is those damn freezes. Sucks to lose a whole game of progress.

# 150 EntroMak24 @ 10/10/11 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Sheesh.

Seriously.

If the passing stats....I am talking about TD's, yards, INT's look solid (and they do IMO) who cares about this? really...what difference in the grand scheme of things does this make?

It is a video game with human influence on the perfromance of virtual players.

I don't understand this with football games.

Baseball......totally a different animal. Stats drive baseball. It is what baseball is all about.

Football is about winning and no one cares how you win.....just win baby (RIP AL).

Baseball stats are directly corrleated to wins and losses and who the playoff teams are in the end for the most part. Same with Basketball. But Football? Man I can't tell how many times stat's never tell the story of the game.

I guess my point is....if this stat "completion %" is ruining what I feel is a great and fun game of console football. That sucks for you.

But if this is the most important thing to you.....hey it is what it is. Meantime the game is a blast to play.

I am very happy this patch is not making wholesale changes to gameplay which by all accounts for me personally has been steller for a Madden game.
you are right in that we enjoy the game in different ways. I love the game of football and the fun in madden for me is to create or sim what could realistically happen in the future. Completion % is an important aspect of QB ratings, it affects this stat as well. Qb's, even the mediocre ones complete over 60% of their passes. Only a select few QB's even make it below 60%. its not realistic to me and therefore sucks a large portion out of the enjoyment of the game.

# 151 bigdfan76 @ 10/10/11 07:19 PM
Any word on when we can expect the patch to be released?

# 152 NFCastle @ 10/10/11 08:19 PM
Cool, they didn't fix anything that RUINS franchise mode like the UDFA logic, or the appearance issues...just to name a few.

# 153 roadman @ 10/10/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
I'm glad they fixed the rain issue, and I'm glad they fixed the quarters safeties read/reacting to the run. I'm especially glad I can edit players without losing all of their roles. However, I really wish they would have fixed the AI decision making, not just on cut days, but throughout the entire offline franchise. It is extremely frustrating controlling all 32 teams. It's also frustrating they spent half the patch on Madden Ultimate Team... is that like a trading card game? Wait, better question. Who cares? Get that garbage off of the game and use the memory you free up to fix the idiotic AI. Fix deep ball defender reactions, finesse pass rushing, CPU play calling, CPU roster management. Fix the UDFA cut day problem. Fix the imported draft class problem. Stop wasting your time (and our time) on card games and FIX THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL GAME. kthx.
Sorry, I don't play with MUT, either, but it's not going anywhere. It's a money maker for them.

# 154 Pandetta @ 10/10/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, I don't play with MUT, either, but it's not going anywhere. It's a money maker for them.
MUT would be a million times more popular if you could play with the players in actual games/import them into your offline franchises etc like people have asked about since the beginning.

Instead 75% of the people hate it, but enough buy into it to keep it around and the majority unhappy about it.

# 155 bichettehappens @ 10/10/11 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
MUT would be a million times more popular if you could play with the players in actual games/import them into your offline franchises etc like people have asked about since the beginning.

Instead 75% of the people hate it, but enough buy into it to keep it around and the majority unhappy about it.
Wait, you don't even play actual games in MUT? Am I reading that correctly? I never ventured into the mode because even the surface idea sounds lame to me but I assumed you could at least play with the players who's card you have.

# 156 bichettehappens @ 10/10/11 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Cool, they didn't fix anything that RUINS franchise mode like the UDFA logic, or the appearance issues...just to name a few.
While I agree they should fix those as well (haven't encountered appearance issues yet), I think game freezes and rain every game do more to ruin the mode, at least in my opinion since there's no work around for freezes/rain (short of picking a dome or unaffected team), whereas UDFA has a [tedious] work around and appearance issues are cosmetic.

Hopefully they get around to fixing both of those, though. My first exposure to the appearance issues was in a thread yesterday and it looked pretty ridiculous lol

# 157 bigdfan76 @ 10/11/11 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
overexaggerated issue.

as for the details THANK YOU BASED GAWD they fixed the field textures and playbooks.
Concerning the UFAs fictional players "flooding" the franchise...

I'm curious... Not an issue you say? How so? I'll admit I have not simmed ahead enough to know myself. I'm going off what I had read before. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

# 158 FedExPope @ 10/11/11 02:32 AM
This is all well and good but the awful QB sim stats and the awful QB AI are being completely ignored here. Probably my biggest peeve with the game since I don't do online sports games.

# 159 cletusdog @ 10/11/11 03:57 AM
Who does play MUT? It's a money maker if people are using it, but...

# 160 Legionnaire @ 10/11/11 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
The CPU AI (simulated) is making outright foolish decisions consistently (not sporadically) with UDFA's and young talented players with upside.
Yeah, the computer has trouble. So much trouble it's kind of weird they left the expanded rosters and cut-day features in the game, frankly.

Seems it's because they don't understand there's a difference between a firm overall rating and an overall with a question mark behind it.

When I first noticed the problem, I thought I had to spend hours at the beginning of Year 2's Preseason going team to team, editing all their undrafted rookies to be punters (so the their ratings would tank and the team would cut them, or at least never stick them on their depth chart at serious positions with the mistaken belief that they could ever be counted on to play offense or defense).

Lately, I've scaled back. I can't handle the time it wastes having to edit 10-20 undrafted rookies per team. That's just too much. So now I go into free agency and sign quality veterans and trade them to computer teams. Just to help the process (relieve them of their undrafted players at the same time as I help bolster their rosters by placing good free agents with teams where they're a good fit). I'll trade a team 1 good veteran free agent for 3 of their awful undrafted rookies. I do this with anybody who is too good to waste away in free agency. Then I'll go through and edit some of the rookies on CPU teams to punter. The idea isn't to waste a day editing hundreds of players so the CPU no longer has to make any decisions on its own. The idea now is to just get computer teams in a position where they can make it through a week or two of cuts (cutting guys I edited to be punters) so that after a couple weeks they'll have gained more knowledge about their rookies so they can then start making more reasonable decisions on cut days because they no longer think their rookies are awesome when they're actually trash.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.