Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 is available now. Details about Spec 2.0, were released about a week ago. Please post your impressions here.

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 EnigmaNemesis @ 10/11/11 05:42 AM
Oh dang, need to download this when I get home from the gym.

# 2 bcruise @ 10/11/11 05:52 AM
Heads up, this a pretty good sized download. I've actually seen several different file sizes, including a 380 MB and now 1192 MB.

Definitely getting this now while the traffic's low - not gonna be fun to download something like this when the store updates. No background DL's for patches either, which is what this is being treated as.

Additionally, the new intro movie doesn't come with everything else - it's optional. You get it by going to Gran Turismo TV from the main menu and downloading it - it then replaces the old one when you start up the game (or so the update notice in-game says). It's 590 MB.

# 3 JMD @ 10/11/11 07:02 AM
Downloading now, 1192 MB. I'm looking forward to this. I've got a bunch of standard cars I won't drive because they did not have the in car view. Now with this update will I will finally enjoy driving them.

Going to be a busy day, the GT5 update and getting Forza 4 at 9:00am. Drive , drive , drive.

# 4 bonannogiovanni @ 10/11/11 08:54 AM
Question to those who have the update: when you save a race in progress, do you have to leave the game completely, or you can keep on racing on other tracks? Thanks

# 5 19 @ 10/11/11 03:54 PM
Downloading now... kinda psyched for this after putting the game down since The Show's release.

Maybe I'll finally complete the Endurance races now that I can save them during the race now.

# 6 asu666 @ 10/11/11 08:06 PM
I hope the Greatest Hits version has the patches on the disc. Until then, I plan to wait. GT5 just eats up too much space and my PSN download speed is not very good.

# 7 CaptainZombie @ 10/11/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Not sure what to make of this update. Some good features, but it almost seams like the cars are really touchy now. Don't think I like the physica change....whatever that was.

Also I was sad to see the bugatti not get a change to premium. I would have rather had 10 of the best standards go to premium, then have all standard cars get a bogus blackened cockpit view from the bumper cam.
If they are to salvage some of the negative feedback their getting even after Spec 2.0, PD should start working towards getting some of the standards up to premium quality instead of worrying about releasing another 3-4 Skylines as DLC next week. PD imo lost a lot of focus from GT4 to GT5. Trying to add Nascar, Kart Racing, bringing over all the GT4 cars to GT5 with substandard quality, and so forth.

I still want to check this update out, might change how I feel about GT5.....but they need to get more standards to premiums as Kaz promised. I give PD credit for supporting this game like they have. There are constant updates, the seasonal events, this update, and you know there will be one more Spec still to come. If anything, hope that the next update fixes the menus as they are so cumbersome to get through.

# 8 bonannogiovanni @ 10/11/11 10:11 PM
I installed the update but I cannot see a save a race in progress option. Any idea guys?

# 9 bcruise @ 10/11/11 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I installed the update but I cannot see a save a game in progress option. Any idea guys?
I read on GTPlanet that you have to pit to save. Haven't tried it myself though.

# 10 Polo Bandit @ 10/12/11 01:12 AM
Gonna try and download tonight while I sleep. I've been having Internet issues since Sunday.

# 11 bonannogiovanni @ 10/12/11 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I read on GTPlanet that you have to pit to save. Haven't tried it myself though.
That's right, and it works exactly like suspend race in championship mode (exit the game or lose the save). However someone mentioned that there are endurance races which don't have pits, making saving impossible, that's silly if true.

# 12 bcruise @ 10/12/11 04:16 AM
Hey guys, if you have any B-Spec drivers add me as a friend, I do a lot of the remote races and will help level them up.

Got one going right now with mine, SqueakyD's, RunN1st, and Massive's drivers....Squeaky's roasting everyone.

# 13 mercalnd @ 10/12/11 12:44 PM
Has the AI improved a good deal with this update?

This is my biggest pet peeve with GT in general and I found that GT5 while a little better than prior installments was still not very good in the is regard.

Still, I'm kind of itching to oick it back up.

# 14 rspencer86 @ 10/12/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Hey guys, if you have any B-Spec drivers add me as a friend, I do a lot of the remote races and will help level them up.

Got one going right now with mine, SqueakyD's, RunN1st, and Massive's drivers....Squeaky's roasting everyone.
How do I do that?

Will probably download this tonight and mess around with it. Still loving this game. Getting closer to getting the gold in all of the B-Spec events. Still need to work on acing some of the license tests... those can be pretty tough.

# 15 bcruise @ 10/12/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
How do I do that?

Will probably download this tonight and mess around with it. Still loving this game. Getting closer to having getting the gold in all of the B-Spec events. Still need to work on acing some of the license tests... those can be pretty tough.
You need to share your drivers for other people to race them in remote races. Just bring up the driver profile screen and select share with friends. Then go to remote race from the community screen, and you can probably figure it out from there. Drivers do get xp and credits for racing these.

You have to deshare them to use them offline later.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 16 inkcil @ 10/12/11 07:45 PM
cmon guys...theres gotta b more impressions than this! did they improve the a.i.?

# 17 bcruise @ 10/12/11 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
cmon guys...theres gotta b more impressions than this! did they improve the a.i.?
I don't know AI and that kind of thing well enough in racing games to really judge it myself (to the level of detail you're probably wanting, anyway), but I have been reading other people's impressions around the internet:

A-Spec AI doesn't seem much different - there's a pretty good consensus on that.

Mixed opinions on Arcade Mode AI being more challenging, with some saying that raising the new "AI Car Characteristics" setting to 10 results in a faster and more challenging race. I have seen them jostling for position a good deal more on that 10 setting, and not just straight up ramming into the back of each other.

Here's something I can comment on - Love the ability to change the weather manually (on the weather changeable courses, that is) and practice driving in the rain. There's also a rain gauge that tells you how wet the track is, and fills up or empties depending on the current conditions. Pretty cool stuff.

Load times seem improved. However, the last time I played this game was around when my second fat PS3 died, so I haven't played it a lot on my current Slim.

I'm even less qualified to talk about the physics than I am the AI, but I've seen a lot of positive remarks coming from GTPlanet about that. I do have this though, which I just pulled off and earned a trophy for - was never able to do this before:

Visible damage looks about the same as the last big update (not much of it, as you can probably tell by that rollover), but the mechanical damage still works as well as before, and still affects the AI if I remember correctly. I remember seeing them have to pit after some particularly heavy impacts way back from the last patch.

I'm glad that they added some kind of in car camera to every single car because I enjoy racing from that perspective, I just wish more could have been done than an all-black interior. It's worth pointing out that open-top standard cars actually do have an interior, though they're of course less detailed than the premiums.

Looking forward to the DLC tracks tomorrow, that new Kart track looks fun.

# 18 LingeringRegime @ 10/12/11 09:17 PM
How much will the DLC cost?

# 19 bcruise @ 10/12/11 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
How much will the DLC cost?
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/

It's broken down into each different part, or you can buy the whole thing for $12.

Also, correcting my previous post, it's out October 18, not tomorrow. Not sure where I got that from.

# 20 rspencer86 @ 10/12/11 10:23 PM
TWO tracks? Boooooo.

The new cars look pretty nice though.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.