Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Da_Czar has checked in with 2 more NBA 2K12 strategy session videos. Check out Understanding Shot Indicators and Fundamentals of Contesting the Shot.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TUSS11 @ 10/14/11 03:59 PM
Czar is lucky. He has his own personal rebounder in practice mode. I'm jealous.

# 22 ManiacMatt1782 @ 10/14/11 04:08 PM
this video is even more reason why we need thes indicators online.

# 23 Da_Czar @ 10/14/11 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Nice work Czar. Still think the design that hands up is less likely to prevent a shot to go in then pressing LT is silly....i don't care what your shoot in traffic rating is. Also in the 2nd video, when you finally get an F from dirk, his release was late.
Thank's Ill that must have slipped past me. Don't know how I missed that. I'm seeing indicators in my sleep.

The setting for who asked are sim settings with 3pt and fg at 47 for user and computer I believe.

# 24 iLLosophy @ 10/14/11 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thank's Ill that must have slipped past me. Don't know how I missed that. I'm seeing indicators in my sleep.

The setting for who asked are sim settings with 3pt and fg at 47 for user and computer I believe.
Hahaha - in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares due to all the great work in the video. Just wanted to make sure you had your facts straight. Thanks again man, these two are probably the most helpful videos I've seen for 2k12.

# 25 djsider2 @ 10/14/11 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
i thought that was just me wondering about how to get the personal rebounder...

# 26 AllStarDaDon @ 10/14/11 05:55 PM
Great insightful videos. Lmfao at the intro to video 5. "Sometimes when I contest I feel like it doesn't do anything" stfu that's basketball.

This game becomes more enjoyable everyday.

# 27 Da_Czar @ 10/14/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I Laughed out loud for a good minute !

# 28 Chairman7w @ 10/14/11 06:35 PM
It seemed like that to me when I started, but the more experienced I got, (and the less I kept mashing the LS over), the better I got. It just takes a light touch to move around on Defense, I rarely jam it over all the way (and RARELY use turbo) except when I running downcourt to catch up to somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
well these videos are great but still in the end u have to reduce the space the defender use....... they seem too ice like and very hard to stay in front of the ball handler and very easily get out of position

# 29 youvalss @ 10/14/11 07:23 PM
A+ quality videos, Czar. Great stuff!

# 30 ffaacc03 @ 10/14/11 07:42 PM
Hi prez !, bothering you yet again ...

I have a doubt that has increased more after seeing the latest video ... to me, it seems that in order to effectivelly contest a shot, one needs to be right straight in front of the shooter (be it mid or close distance) just as your videos showed ... while contesting from an angle (even from an infront one) seems of little to no use.

I am a bellow average stick skill user but having said that, I am experiencing some inconsistencies when trying to do the hands up animations and when contesting pump fakes, the defender does not jumps (finally) but gets out of position (like unintentionally moved) ... thus maybe this is related to either having enabled the absolute sticks option (same inconsistency when in Offense).

Maybe the next video will put into rest my issues but if you think otherwise, would like some suggestions.

Finally, can you please give me your opinion about on ball steals and loose balls due to the new live ball physics ? ... are they balanced to you ? why or why not ? is it more of a learning curve and putting time onto it ? Mostly asking due to this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...right-now.html

Anyways, thanks DaCzar, your videos are a really good rookie bible !

# 31 iLLosophy @ 10/14/11 10:55 PM
So shoot in traffic means your ability to make shots with aerial bodies around you or just a bunch of people around you (ground or in the air)?

# 32 erickonasis @ 10/15/11 01:08 AM
that shot contest video was BY FAR the best vid he has put out....Thank You...This still shows me hands up is Junk

# 33 erickonasis @ 10/15/11 06:58 PM
I cannot stress how much this video has helped me...had my first blowout game today playing on HOF

# 34 ffaacc03 @ 10/15/11 07:12 PM
I too played one of my best games so far, then again, I am still finding some inconsistencies like the ones described above.

# 35 alabamarob @ 10/15/11 08:43 PM
If you aim the left stick and the right stick at the shooter, and you are in close proximity to the shooter, then you will affect the accuracy of the shot. It doesn't matter if it is a three point shot, mid range, layup, or post shot. It decreases the shot quality and accuracy every time. If you do this against shooters you will get realistic shot percentages. This works perfectly online also. It keeps your opponents three point and midrange percentages down to a realistic level. It also decreases the accuracy of the CPU's up and under/step through moves on the higher difficulty levels. Go to scrimmage mode and try it out for yourself. The results are consistent, and make the game play much more realistic. I believe that this is the developer discussed incentive to user controlled challenges, as opposed to AI teammate challenges. fficeffice" />>>

# 36 RayDog253 @ 10/16/11 10:02 AM
Great vids Czar. Now I know why some of my shots weren't falling even though the defender didn't contest. And now I'll pay more attention on how tight the defense is playing me before trying to shoot over it. I did notice the size factor though, as I was shooting a better percentage over smaller players.

# 37 RayDog253 @ 10/16/11 07:07 PM
What I would like to see next is a video about how defense affects the post game.*

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.