Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch is available now for PS3 owners. If you are following along with Ronnie2K on Twitter, you will see some of the details, as listed below.

Make sure you leave details on your online experience, after the patch.

Quote:
  • The #NBA2K12 patch has been released on @XBOX. Please boot up your system and get the update, #PS3 in coming days- http://2kgam.es/NBA2K12
  • Purpose of patch is to help alleviate as many online issues as we can. Namely changing things in Loading Screens causing drops
  • Those are 2 main things we attempt to fix (network errors & long time in getting a game h2h/team-up) in the #NBA2K12Patch
  • Patch is supposed to fix the network drop if you manage defensive settings in load screen
  • Some people haven't got update as it rolls out regionally. Should be a couple hours as it gets everywhere. After that I need y'alls feedback

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ninjoid @ 10/19/11 01:56 PM
I've just loaded it up and didn't get a prompt to download anything...I'm still at V1.01 which was released a couple of weeks back.

Wonder why...maybe it hasn't rolled out fully yet?

Maybe it's because I'm using the PAL version...

# 22 OhioBobcats @ 10/19/11 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
They tweeted this on launch day ... they said rookies and alternate uniforms have not been signed off by the NBA and PA.
I know about the rookies, but how would you be allowed to use all the alternate jerseys in other modes of 2K12 but not My Player and online? That part makes no sense. Maybe they meant new alternate jerseys, but the old ones that were in 2K11 should be fine.

# 23 Mintsa @ 10/19/11 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcats
I know about the rookies, but how would you be allowed to use all the alternate jerseys in other modes of 2K12 but not My Player and online? That part makes no sense. Maybe they meant new alternate jerseys, but the old ones that were in 2K11 should be fine.
They probably meant that. They can't reveal the new jersey's until the season starts. But not being able to select existing jersey's when playing online doesnt make sense.

# 24 Ninjoid @ 10/19/11 02:18 PM
For all non North American users - just got this reply from Ronnie @ 2K on twitter:

Yeah #PS3 patch was only released in NA as of this time. Waiting on approval for international territories.

So it's a case of sitting tight guys

# 25 bigchromedog @ 10/19/11 02:28 PM
Can anyone confirm on the stability of team up?
Are the stats actually recording for team up?
Are headsets working on team up?

Thanks

# 26 videobastard @ 10/19/11 03:54 PM
I was able to get into a quick match game in a little over a minute. There was no lag during game play. But untill we get the game play patch online game play is just not enjoyable.

# 27 trinh @ 10/19/11 04:26 PM
I got the Additional Data patch v1.02, around 47MBs.

Is that right? If that's the patch I'll try online, but I always thought the patches were bigger.

# 28 Undead @ 10/19/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
They probably meant that. They can't reveal the new jersey's until the season starts. But not being able to select existing jersey's when playing online doesnt make sense.
The reason why you can't switch jerseys before a game is because of realistic reasons. Have you ever seen the seventh man chose rather we're wearing the Huskeys jerseys or the new black jersey? No, it's the coach that choses, just like the player doesn't chose who subs in, how many minutes he has etc. That's the coaches decision. As for online, I'm not going to defend that but for those complaining over My Player, they did that intentionally, a player does not chose what jersey they wear.

# 29 OhioBobcats @ 10/19/11 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead
The reason why you can't switch jerseys before a game is because of realistic reasons. Have you ever seen the seventh man chose rather we're wearing the Huskeys jerseys or the new black jersey? No, it's the coach that choses, just like the player doesn't chose who subs in, how many minutes he has etc. That's the coaches decision. As for online, I'm not going to defend that but for those complaining over My Player, they did that intentionally, a player does not chose what jersey they wear.
The 7th man doesn't get interviewed after every game either. There goes the realistic reasons.

# 30 danyl2002 @ 10/19/11 05:20 PM
OK the online is good after a patch??but what about offline game??

# 31 Undead @ 10/19/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyFan
again another dumb statement to defend why 2k don't have the littles things that matter
Again another dumb attempt at bringing 2K down. Works both ways doesn't it

# 32 JWiLL02 @ 10/19/11 05:40 PM
I've got to agree though. Saying that 2k left out the ability to change your jersey in MP because "the 7th man doesn't decide what jersey the team wears" is ridiculous.

# 33 Undead @ 10/19/11 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
I've got to agree though. Saying that 2k left out the ability to change your jersey in MP because "the 7th man doesn't decide what jersey the team wears" is ridiculous.
I didn't mean it clear cut like that, I meant it in the sense, that a player DOES NOT chose the jerseys his team wear in real life so it won't happen the game. I didn't explicitely mean 7th man. Even the franchise player doesn't decide what jerseys the team is wearing on a particular day.

# 34 danyl2002 @ 10/19/11 06:08 PM
any changes on offline games??

# 35 delawrence @ 10/19/11 06:18 PM
now, play with friends is pretty much broken? Geez. This is horrible

# 36 ffaacc03 @ 10/19/11 07:34 PM
ffaacc03
eastern USA
post patch impressions

- The time for searching matchs is still above the average standard for online (1-5 mins) but greatly improved from what it 1st was ... thus I have to admit that it had been improving progressively in the last couple of days.

- There is still this really bothering bug were once you enter the starting search screen, the option for backing out (circle) disappears, therefor leaving you freezed in that screen for whatever time it takes to come back or while it finds an opponent. It can disappear right away or after seconds, but usually the disappareance last minutes.

- The unintended disconnections have not occurred within the few games I have played.

- The ingame lag is considerably reduced thus not completely ... to me, is still not on par with the lagless feeling of 2k11.

In sum, this patch made noticeable improvements ... now, lets work on a patch for adding some of the basic online options that were taken out from the existing modes.

# 37 Mintsa @ 10/19/11 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead

The 7th man also doesn't have the option for manual subs.....the coach does that.

See what I did ??

# 38 Tpitt85 @ 10/19/11 09:39 PM
is anybody having the same frame-rate and stuttering issues offline post patch on ps3 as a lot of people including me did post patch on xbox 360???

# 39 sleepyshotta @ 10/19/11 09:54 PM
Might just be me, I'm on PS3 btw, I been playin My Player all day, and the ball hasn't gone off of anyones foot all day, I usually get at least 2 turnovers per game because of it. Just sayin, maybe that was in the little patch they put out.

# 40 Darkimpact17 @ 10/19/11 10:08 PM
Nobody else here want Shot Timing Feedback? how can that not be in this game online....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.