Home
NHL 12 News Post

NHL 12 patch 1.03 details have been released. It is already available for the PS3. For 360 users, it will be available on Nov. 1st.

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys will be available through an online title update scheduled for November 1 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The title update will incorporate the following:
  • Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
  • * John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
  • Several fixes for freezing issues
  • Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit
  • Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
  • Several Goalie Improvements
  • Several Physics improvements
  • Several AI improvements
  • Improved interference penalty logic
  • Performance trackers fixes
  • Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
  • Double OT fix for no goals being scored after sim.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mbergh22 @ 10/31/11 10:59 PM
Did it fix the custom soundtrack issues for home win and custom menu music???

# 42 jyoung @ 10/31/11 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocke7
I kind of expected that they would screw up the Jets jersey too. But in EA's defence, they only had two months to get it right.

Yeah the preds have wrong shade of blue and also the wrong shade of yellow. They look like team sweden in the game and they definately should not. And when where talking about wrong shades. The shade of blue on Columbus 3rd is so wrong it hurts. But then again, they've only had about a year to fix it and I suppose it's hard to find 5 minutes to do so in this stressful world we live in.

Is it too much to ask for to have all the NHL jerseys right atleast?
Maybe the guy who makes all of the in-game jerseys is color blind?

# 43 Gangrel @ 11/01/11 12:10 AM
Or the uniform guide they had in the summer had the wrong shade like the Columbus third last year.

Geesh, why do folksbthink they "messed "up on purpose????

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

# 44 bigbob @ 11/01/11 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinkaiser
I wish interference calls were more consistent around the crease. I've seen guys blast goalies and nothing is called and I've seen guys barely touch him and they get called for a penalty. I wonder if its highly dependent on how much points you put in discipline.
I don't know how much truth is it, it's just a friend that always says whenever there's "Dev Chats" on EA, he's always there asking questions. He said one of the Devs supposedly said that they have the game itself programmed so that it doesn't call every single "Goalie Interference" call so that it doesn't slow down the game and give one team an advantage.

Isn't the point of penalties to give one team an advantage? It was a pretty stupid reasoning of why they aren't always called but who knows if it's 100% true. Knowing EA, it probably is.

# 45 NCAAFBall00 @ 11/01/11 02:07 AM
will this patch work with our current be a gm mode or will we have to redo it?

# 46 BlueNGold @ 11/01/11 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
will this patch work with our current be a gm mode or will we have to redo it?
You don't have to redo it.

# 47 bisons18 @ 11/01/11 07:10 AM
Great work!

# 48 Splitter77 @ 11/01/11 07:17 AM
did this fix how the goalie always plays the puck outside of that stupid trapezoid???
Im sick of my goalie getting that penalty at crucial times in this game.

# 49 BlueNGold @ 11/01/11 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
did this fix how the goalie always plays the puck outside of that stupid trapezoid???
Im sick of my goalie getting that penalty at crucial times in this game.
Pretty sure it is. That was something that annoyed me pre-patch but in the games I've played it hasn't been an issue. I've seen the goalie go to play the puck but decide to stay in his net instead.

# 50 LiberNull @ 11/01/11 08:07 AM
"Several Physics improvements"

Anyone knows if this has helped on the issue with uncheckable players in EASHL ?

# 51 BobSacamano @ 11/01/11 08:46 AM
I saw my first charging penalty yesterday, against the computer off a faceoff. The faceoff part was a little weird, but I'm just happy that in three games I've seen hooking, slashing, and charging, but no interference.

Small sample size, but I'm encouraged.

# 52 bad_philanthropy @ 11/01/11 08:53 AM
Small (but annoying glitch) when you are using manual line changes. For some reason whenever you change a line the menu showing the selected line keeps popping up during play and repeats the tone that sounds when you navigate menus in the game. It's really quite distracting.

# 53 at74 @ 11/01/11 09:20 AM
Overall I'm very disappointed with the patch and (offline) I hardly see any changes.

Puck control is still amazing even if I set sliders to 0. AI perfectly intercept passes, which I find ok if my timing is bad, but there could be some rebounds instead of AI always taking 100% control.

Poke check does not seem to be any more helpful than before. I managed to have 5 "successful" poke checks + one ordinary check and AI still controls the puck without any issues.

On the other hand, AI permanently dumps the puck into the corner with ZERO success on getting anything started in my zone. As soon as they dump the puck is mine.

AI goalies still pass even if they are surrounded by X players.

I don't know but some of these sliders seem to have zero effect. And sometimes I feel like my AI mates are too stupid for plays along the boards and when the are too close to the blue line, I may not be able to turn around because the puck will cross the blue line putting me offsides. This was already an issue in NHL11.

Do we need to wait for NHL13 and pay the full prize for an update (maybe for linesmen and a 2nd ref, lol)? Or am I too critical?

# 54 draven085 @ 11/01/11 10:06 AM
I was hoping that the patch would address my perceived ineffectiveness of the Pass Reception Slider. I played with this slider at minimum in NHL 11 and it worked as promised. When I tried to power up my manual passes and send them off at top speed my players were rarely able to accept the pass cleanly. Unfortunately this changed in NHL 12. With the slider set to minimum I almost never see players flub on receiving passes, even when the pass has been fully powered up.

Honestly this is single biggest issue killing the realism factor of this game for me. Requiring "touch" on passes is key to making breakouts and puck possession in the offensive end more challenging. If I am able to wing the puck around like the CPU there is a lot less sloppiness, and therefore a lot less challenge, in the gameplay. I don't know if they plan to do another patch but I'm hoping this is on someone's fix list. Very frustrating that the new version took a step backwards with regards to this slider.

# 55 bad_philanthropy @ 11/01/11 10:15 AM
Geez, the more I play the more distracting this stupid manual line change becomes with the line indicator window popping up and beeping every few seconds. I hope they fix this promptly as I don't want to use auto line changes.

# 56 at74 @ 11/01/11 10:17 AM
I think puck control in general is too high. Sliders should enable "glue mode" (for beginners) through some good compromise down to "bounce mode" which would resemble the "real thing" as good as possible.

# 57 Dougie_G_93 @ 11/01/11 10:35 AM
This just proves that's it's just a game to EA. To hardcore hockey fans it's a sim, why else would we spend hours and hours getting rosters and ratings accurate? Imagine Madden shipping with wrong color helmets for a team? This is an officially liscensed NHL product, it should accurately reflect their team colors, logos and uniforms. The fact that they finally release the jets unis and get them wrong is inexcusable. It proves that they aren't hockey fans nor do they watch hockey. EA needs to hire a consultant, someone that has been a hockey fan forever and been playing hockey games forever, like myself.....

# 58 Therion7 @ 11/01/11 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
This just proves that's it's just a game to EA. To hardcore hockey fans it's a sim, why else would we spend hours and hours getting rosters and ratings accurate? Imagine Madden shipping with wrong color helmets for a team? This is an officially liscensed NHL product, it should accurately reflect their team colors, logos and uniforms. The fact that they finally release the jets unis and get them wrong is inexcusable. It proves that they aren't hockey fans nor do they watch hockey. EA needs to hire a consultant, someone that has been a hockey fan forever and been playing hockey games forever, like myself.....
They should call the next game "Hockey Ultimate Team" because, I completely agree, the level of authenticity that hockey fans and the NHL should demand just isn't there. Bugs I can cope with. Games are complex but sloppiness like this annoys. It reeks of a "couldn't care less" attitude.

So, despite having at least a month to get them right@

"Hey, you done those Jets jerseys yet? The patch submission is tomorrow!"

"****, no!"

*Looks up google, gets picture of knock-off*

"What colour should I make the gloves and helmet?"

"Who cares? Jet Black?"

"Sounds good!"

Valid point about Madden by the way. There seems to be a lot of trolling with those complaining about this being branded as whiners, not so much on here I might add, but can you imagine if the New York Giants were stuck with black helmets in Madden?

One guy. One solitary guy out of all the dev or QA staff could have checked those uniforms out and said "Hey, wait a minute!". No one bothered.

# 59 mkharsh33 @ 11/01/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus
The inability to see the visting team's line before selecting yours is still dorked. I had hope when I played my first game today, as it appeared like it should for my first face-off. Then I never saw it again.

I'm amazed this does not get mentioned more.
THANK YOU for posting this!!! I find this to be HIGHLY frustrating as I have always wanted to matchup my lines.

I've really had it with this title. It's an arcade game, masked and sold as a "sim" game, of which it resembles very LITTLE of simulation / NHL hockey. You cannot have ANY strategy because of what you just posted above, which if anyone at EA has every listened to the great commentators of the game, will note this a LOT during a hockey broadcast. This is a KEY element of the game, and it's lacking (along with the other wise poster on the previous page who noted the pass reception, even when loading up a pass to full bore, is still to easy). I think this game is going back to gamestop when the new Assassin's Creed game arrives... Pains me to type this as I WANT to love this game, but I just can't...

# 60 savoie2006 @ 11/01/11 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion7
They should call the next game "Hockey Ultimate Team" because, I completely agree, the level of authenticity that hockey fans and the NHL should demand just isn't there. Bugs I can cope with. Games are complex but sloppiness like this annoys. It reeks of a "couldn't care less" attitude.

So, despite having at least a month to get them right@

"Hey, you done those Jets jerseys yet? The patch submission is tomorrow!"

"****, no!"

*Looks up google, gets picture of knock-off*

"What colour should I make the gloves and helmet?"

"Who cares? Jet Black?"

"Sounds good!"

Valid point about Madden by the way. There seems to be a lot of trolling with those complaining about this being branded as whiners, not so much on here I might add, but can you imagine if the New York Giants were stuck with black helmets in Madden?

One guy. One solitary guy out of all the dev or QA staff could have checked those uniforms out and said "Hey, wait a minute!". No one bothered.
The gloves are dark blue.. look at the pic in this thread

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7688264.page

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.