Home
NHL 12 News Post

NHL 12 patch 1.03 details have been released. It is already available for the PS3. For 360 users, it will be available on Nov. 1st.

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys will be available through an online title update scheduled for November 1 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The title update will incorporate the following:
  • Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
  • * John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
  • Several fixes for freezing issues
  • Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit
  • Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
  • Several Goalie Improvements
  • Several Physics improvements
  • Several AI improvements
  • Improved interference penalty logic
  • Performance trackers fixes
  • Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
  • Double OT fix for no goals being scored after sim.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 at74 @ 11/01/11 01:27 PM
On the positive side AI seems to get more penalties. In fact they got twice as many as I did and I now have to adjust the sliders again.

On the downside, I encountered 2 freezes in 5 games and had to play Nashville 3 times in my offline season.

# 62 DrPhibes @ 11/01/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
The gloves are dark blue.. look at the pic in this thread

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7688264.page

Nah, black helmet and black gloves on my X-Box.

I don't know where/how he has navy blue helmet and gloves, but mine are clearly black (it's as simple as going into player editor and editing any Jets player and you will see the gloves and helmet are both default black).

EDIT: Rumors has it the gloves/helmet have been corrected in the next roster update which is out. So crisis averted (besides the white stripe on the home set, but I can let that slide because it isn't too big of a deal to me but I can see where the Jet fans will still be pissed. Afterall I would be bummed if they had my Flyer jerseys wrong)

# 63 Bellsprout @ 11/01/11 03:32 PM
Is the CPU scoring a lot more on anybody else? Seems like slappers from the point go in more for them now.

# 64 canucksss @ 11/01/11 04:07 PM
the more i read the more I DONT WANT TO GET THIS PATCH!!! the line change glitch.... the "minor" uniform dis-coloration, etc. EA programmers doing the NHL is.......... im lost of words.

if 2K can only release NHL 2K13 with: better presentation and MUCH IMPROVED GRAPHICS, improved gameplay..... i'll bury EA NHL to dust. im just playing this game BECAUSE I LOVE HOCKEY plain and simple.

how i wish someone from NHL sue EA for misrepresentations that will make me soooooo happy.

# 65 Therion7 @ 11/01/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
The gloves are dark blue.. look at the pic in this thread

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7688264.page
Yes, but if you follow that mess of a thread, it becomes clear that a very recent roster update has fixed the colours of the helmet and gloves. When everybody said "they're black", make no mistake about it, they were jet black!

So, fair play, they've fixed that quickly, but the jersey is still wrong, so work remains.

# 66 at74 @ 11/01/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nystyle
[b]
- on 3 separate occasions I shot the puck over the glass from my end. for some reason no delay of game was called yet later on I put the puck out of play over my bench from the D zone, which isnt a penalty right?, and it was a delay of game.
"When any player, while in his defending zone, shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game. When the puck is shot into the players’ bench, the penalty will not apply. When the puck is shot over the glass ‘behind’ the players’ bench, the penalty will be assessed."

Another bug? Old or new?

# 67 kazjason @ 11/01/11 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
Post patch, exclusively offline gamer such as myself, is loving the gameplay right now. I have separation on breakaways, I can play defense realistically and the CPU is much more fun to play against.

Anyone else lovin this post-patch offline gameplay?
I am feeling the same way, maybe a placebo effect, but I've started a new season and it does feel a little different and a bit better. Now only if this feeling could last...

# 68 JT30 @ 11/01/11 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
Post patch, exclusively offline gamer such as myself, is loving the gameplay right now. I have separation on breakaways, I can play defense realistically and the CPU is much more fun to play against.

Anyone else lovin this post-patch offline gameplay?
Nah.. not even close. It's kind of hard for me to make a statement as such, since the ****ing game keeps freezing up on me. 3 out of the past 5 games.....I've had it.

I'm a huge hockey fan and I cant play this game due to the constant freezing. If I do manage to get thru a game, it's not rewarding at all because the game does not even come close to representing what hockey is.

Sucks

# 69 canucksss @ 11/01/11 05:42 PM
freezing??? is this with ps3 or 360? im skeptical on d/l this game so when i play my BaGM i d/c my 360 from the wireless connection.

# 70 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 11/01/11 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Is the CPU scoring a lot more on anybody else? Seems like slappers from the point go in more for them now.
I noticed this too in otp. Pre patch the cpu would never score on a clean slapper but in 5 games on patch night it happened but only once.

# 71 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 11/01/11 06:36 PM
Better details http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7689235.page

Hi all,

Here are the release notes to our Nov 1st patch in more detail.

Jerseys/Art Fixes:
• Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
• *. John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
• Armada jerseys, pants and socks
• Cape Breton Screaming Eagles center ice text was spelt incorrectly

Be a Pro/Be a GM Fixes:
• Fixed a crash when using a created skater from creation zone as your own Be a Pro player and using them on a CHL team. Crash occurs when being drafted.
• Fixed Be a Pro’s performance tracker where some users would be stuck at 100% progression.
• Fixed a Be a GM crash when trying to select a created team when starting the Be a GM at the entry draft.
• Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
• Game would crash while simming if a penalty was called in the second OT period or beyond.
• Game will crash if the user sims to next shift near the end of game and the sim scored on a pulled goalie
• User will not return to ice and no goals will be scored if the user sims to next shift in the 2nd OT period
• Fixed the crash that occurred in season mode that happened a few days in if the user selected to start the season using Full Roster control

Gameplay Fixes:
• Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit (LB to break out of net battles)
• Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
• Rarely when the puck is on the sideboards, the goalie will go into vertical hug post and leave the far side of the net open
• Several physics improvements in regards to collisions with other players/goalies
• Players on the bench were reacting to the puck when the puck doesn’t go over the boards.
• Breaking your stick in Test On Ice will cause the stick to follow your player around
• Wingers are not picking up on faceoff tie-ups
• Improved interference penalty logic
• Fixed hip check exploit, will need a tuner update to re-enable for online play (tuner to come soon)

Online/HUT Fixes:
• The arenas tab is blank in the HUT collection
• Separated each position’s Position, Teamplay and Stat grades in the Online Performance tracker (Some users were saying that they couldn’t increase their grade. Now you can view your grade for each position and see that you may have A’s in one position but have C’s in another that are weighing your overall grade down)
• User’s Pro level was incorrect in the EASHL dressing room. It was always showing the goalie level and not the correct skater level.
• Entering an OTP/EASHL game locked as LW and RW would cause the RW to take the faceoff if the LW took a penalty.
• Force CPU players to serve the 5 min major for goalie fights
• Reduced the number of online pauses so that 4 or more users on a team now have 2 pauses and anything less than 4 has 1 pause.
• Fixed the missing player head/art issue for users who had the option to not allow content sharing for EASHL games. Playing with this on caused a crash when helmets were popped off, so we will be re-enabling helmet pops in EASHL/OTP in a tuner (tuner to come soon)
• Added logic on the server to detect whether your online BAP card progression matches what the server shows. If you downloaded a legend card from some website and used a tool to overwrite your save file, we will check what level on the server you should be at, and adjust XP accordingly.

# 72 jetsfan690 @ 11/01/11 07:05 PM
if you already started a be a pro or be a gm, will the roster update affect it or do i have to start over again

# 73 Dougie_G_93 @ 11/01/11 07:17 PM
So if I want Winnipeg to have correct gloves and helmets I have to use EA's crap rosters? After getting the ultimate rosters and keeping it up to date I will suffer with black helmets before I lose my roster. God EA is full of clueless morons.

# 74 Qb @ 11/01/11 07:33 PM
We need to stop the pointless insults, rants, and other crap. If you have constructive criticism to post, by all means go right ahead, but leave out the childish BS. My apologies in advance if you don't know the difference between the two.

# 75 Qb @ 11/01/11 07:41 PM
EA_HLT posted this at the EA Forums:

Quote:
We have released a new tuner to re-enable hip checking in all Online modes and to re-enable helmets popping off in OTP/Clubs. This is still v1.02 so it just overwrote the old one.

----v1.02 Updated----

1) re-enabled hip checking effectiveness for all online modes
2) re-enabled helmets popping off heads in OTP/Clubs

# 76 Qb @ 11/01/11 07:56 PM
I would assume it is based on that post, but I haven't turned on the 360 since last night to confirm.

# 77 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/01/11 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Nah.. not even close. It's kind of hard for me to make a statement as such, since the ****ing game keeps freezing up on me. 3 out of the past 5 games.....I've had it.

I'm a huge hockey fan and I cant play this game due to the constant freezing. If I do manage to get thru a game, it's not rewarding at all because the game does not even come close to representing what hockey is.

Sucks
i dint get it, isn't the suppose to fix the freezing?

# 78 bscbears99 @ 11/02/11 12:40 AM
What a disappointment this game has become. Finally thought we were good with no more freezes when I saw the patch details. Made it through game 1 no problem. Game 2 B's vs Tampa game freezes with 940 left in the 2nd with Tampa starting a power play.

Pretty ridiculous for the money that is paid for these games now that people are basically guinea pigs for these companies so they dont have to pay for quality control themselves.

Also post patch, EA may want to note that as Bruins fans we are happy that we won the cup, but, there is no need to have a banner raising ceremony before each game. Had one before game 1 (obviously) and had one at the start of this game that froze. Guess I won't know if they do it before game 3.....Pre patch only did this before game 1....but hey at least we don't have to hear that the bruins havent won the cup since 1972 as it said pre-patch.

# 79 jkra0512 @ 11/02/11 08:49 AM
Love this game and I love the patch! All I needed was more CPU penalties and less freezing. Back to my BeAGm!

# 80 bscbears99 @ 11/02/11 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Love this game and I love the patch! All I needed was more CPU penalties and less freezing. Back to my BeAGm!
I love this game too, always the game I look forward to the most its just frustrating even post patch to have a game freeze this often.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.