Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Phobia @ 11/07/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFxxROCKEM
Ok... Since everyone is saying they won't purchase NCAA 13 on release day or at all next year, put it in your little signature thingy under your posts and the date of writing it so we can hold everyone to their word.
I did this couple weeks ago just for a reminder for myself. No NCAA 13 for me, I just can't in anyway support this kinda of development process. It screams unprofessional-ism in every way.

I have not been able to upload highlights to our online dynasty because literally everytime the game freezes during the video upload section. Only way out of it is to exit the game and restart game, then all highlights and pictures are missing for that game.

Then the transfer fail issue we have received multiple times. 4 verts is still a gimmie all game against CPU, I know "don't use it" is still debated around here. But lets be honest IT SHOULD BE FIXED. Among a dozen other issues, NCAA 12 ranks top of the pile for buggiest triple A title to touch a console.

# 182 bad_philanthropy @ 11/07/11 02:01 PM
I think there is a reality that needs to be faced here by developers and not just EA. The complexity of games today probably demand more than a year-ish long development cycle. It seems like every year we are faced with a tweak or an implementation of a new feature that doesn't work as intended or breaks something else.

I know it's a huge hit from a profit standpoint but it's the difference between a quality product and a shoddy product. Perhaps they could release Madden one year and NCAA the next and cycle through that way. They could have a skeleton crew support the latest Madden iteration for two years with an update to coincide with the start of its second corresponding NFL season.

I think after this year, I'm finally over the excitement of a new NCAA release. There's been something poorly functioning at release, or steps backward to counter-act steps forward, at release each year for quite a while now. I'll wait and see this year.

# 183 DJ @ 11/07/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think there is a reality that needs to be faced here by developers and not just EA. The complexity of games today probably demand more than a year-ish long development cycle. It seems like every year we are faced with a tweak or an implementation of a new feature that doesn't work as intended or breaks something else.

I know it's a huge hit from a profit standpoint but it's the difference between a quality product and a shoddy product. Perhaps they could release Madden one year and NCAA the next and cycle through that way. They could have a skeleton crew support the latest Madden iteration for two years with an update to coincide with the start of its second corresponding NFL season.

I think after this year, I'm finally over the excitement of a new NCAA release. There's been something poorly functioning at release, or steps backward to counter-act steps forward, at release each year for quite a while now. I'll wait and see this year.
I really like the idea of cycling off Madden and NCAA; I suggested something similar a while back. I said EA should do something along the lines of what Call of Duty used to do, where they had 2 studios working on a game. That way, COD still had an annual release, but each studio had close to 2 years to develop a game.

It'd be tough to break that annual cycle since we've grown so accustomed to it, but I think if Madden or NCAA were supported in their "off" year with roster updates, uniform updates and stadium updates/upgrades, people would be willing to buy in to the concept.

# 184 MattyEdgeworth @ 11/07/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I really like the idea of cycling off Madden and NCAA; I suggested something similar a while back. I said EA should do something along the lines of what Call of Duty used to do, where they had 2 studios working on a game. That way, COD still had an annual release, but each studio had close to 2 years to develop a game.

It'd be tough to break that annual cycle since we've grown so accustomed to it, but I think if Madden or NCAA were supported in their "off" year with roster updates, uniform updates and stadium updates/upgrades, people would be willing to buy in to the concept.
I don't think they'd be willing to do that because not everyone likes college football or probably wouldn't want an NCAA game over an official NFL one. They should just do what Call of Duty does with two developers, although the obviously downside of that is that you have four development teams working on football games and EA may not want that either.

# 185 Aranor @ 11/07/11 02:49 PM
The unfortionate part is that EA makes too much a killin on yr after yr of people blindly buying the same game with slight improvements and more bugs to follow.

# 186 mkharsh33 @ 11/07/11 02:56 PM
EA will never cycle titles... Those two titles are still being purchased based upon NAME RECOGNITION, and past success. Shoot, John Madden doesn't even have any connection to this game (once it's in our hands)...

As long as $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is being made, they don't give a rip...

# 187 KingV2k3 @ 11/07/11 05:57 PM
I downloaded this today...PS3...

I'm not really interested in what it's supposed to fix, so I'm just hoping it doesn't mess anything up...

I played a game...

Seemed to be as usual...

Except in the post game stat menu it kind of flipped around when I used the bumpers to scroll, which might have been coincidence...

Anyone notice anything taken "into reverse" by this patch?

Thanks!

# 188 benton32 @ 11/08/11 03:12 AM
Sounds like more online stuff was in the patch, which is typical. what about those who dont play Online as much. ?

Im pulling my hair out with the sliders mostly rushing. when i tweak them to there the dives and off tackles and toss plays dont go for 8-10 yards a run.. and more like 4-5 then the options and read options and fly sweeps get worse. And on coach mode i love coach mode but i get tired of the scrambling QB's dropping back and sometimes not even looking downfield, they drop back and take off running right away and half the time they get sacked for 4-5 yard loss cause once he starts to run the D line turns into a monster..

and i hate seeing a one on one deep pass that neither the corner or DB jump up for it.. they just stick there hands out. ive seen defensive backs go up and swat the ball away but im talking one on one deep passes...

and is madden or ncaa ever going to fix the supersim timing between plays.. it baffles me that if u do 15 minute quarters u can get 100 or more plays from each team and over 600 yards.. it like only takes off maybe 12-15 seconds between runs... its like seeing Oregon run the uptempo all game by both teams on super sim..

# 189 OGKing @ 11/08/11 05:33 AM
My sig describes you all

# 190 bad_philanthropy @ 11/08/11 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Time has little to do with the heart of the issue. It is the way the code was designed. They are trying to patch and work with code that is 10 years old. You should NEVER break code by fixing or adding new code. That is piss poor architecture of the code base. They need to scrap the entire code base and start over.
It's more than ten years old. It dates back to the PSX days—or at least the dynasty code does. This was pretty much determined in 2009 when discussing a dynasty mode glitch with Adam Thompson from EA when teams were disappearing when editing rosters in the order they were added to the database. It was more complicated than that, but it did reveal the age.

I guess certain software like Windows can make it work with really old code, but you're saying NCAA's code base is just poor? I can believe that, if some of their code dates back to PSX. How much of a budget or how many people would they have had working on the game back then?

# 191 jeremym480 @ 11/08/11 11:50 AM
Cool. As long as I don' have to hold my breath because of freezing or transfer failed error at the end of every OD game, then I'll be a happy camper.

# 192 Keyser Soze @ 11/08/11 03:29 PM
Has anyone had their issue fixed with this patch? Meaning, was anyone stuck at a point where they could not advance but now they can?

# 193 tarheelguy4736 @ 11/08/11 05:25 PM
After reading every one's view about the game and the way it has turned out this year, I too believe that the developers need to re-develop the coding of the game. If it is as old as a lot of you are saying it is, then it definitely needs to change. Maybe if they took a year off to write better code for NCAA and develop the game fully then they could create an NCAA that would blow every other NCAA out of the water. However, with that being said, EA will not do this because it's all about $$$. For the developers its more about the game and how they want it to turn out, but if they are being pushed by the corporate leaders to just "make" the game and just send it out as is, regardless of flaws and bugs, and use customers as testers, then the game itself will never be the way we want it to be. I honestly feel like that is what is going on here. I feel like if EA would give the guys to make a good, solid NCAA game then it could be done. But the guys making the game might not how to advance it any further, so in that case changes need to be made. I honestly believe the NCAA team needs a need leader that can communicate with the public, bring new ideas to the table, and execute those ideas. The current person in that position isn't doing that (that's apparent from even watching the "Making of NCAA '12" on ESPNU. Just my two cents.

# 194 Crowned @ 11/08/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Has anyone had their issue fixed with this patch? Meaning, was anyone stuck at a point where they could not advance but now they can?
No, but read the patch details it didn't say this was going to fix the transfer failed right away it said the patch was to fix about half the issue and then they can fix the rest on the server side ... read this.

Quote:
The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

# 195 Crowned @ 11/08/11 06:28 PM
and nvm apparently that already happened, so didn't fix anything.

# 196 tpeserik @ 11/09/11 12:17 AM
I haven't played this game in two months. Are the custom playbooks working now? Or are they still screwed up?

# 197 Scott @ 11/09/11 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeserik
I haven't played this game in two months. Are the custom playbooks working now? Or are they still screwed up?
They work....

10 char.

# 198 Phobia @ 11/09/11 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Cool. As long as I don' have to hold my breath because of freezing or transfer failed error at the end of every OD game, then I'll be a happy camper.
I received one literally 30 min after installing the patch. So no don't seem fixed

# 199 NateDogPack12 @ 11/09/11 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
They work....

10 char.
How do the custom playbooks "work?" We're still stuck with formations and plays we don't want.

# 200 z4ckdabeast @ 11/09/11 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
How do the custom playbooks "work?" We're still stuck with formations and plays we don't want.
What are you talking about?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.