Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Aranor @ 10/31/11 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
EA doesn't make the games, EA is just the publishers.
even if they dont make the games it still goes thru them, and whether or not it should be published or not. Releasing a bug filled game is EAs fault because they released a half *** game.

# 82 Kingfish @ 10/31/11 10:10 PM
Well it was a given that I wasn't buying '13 until at least Oct 1st next year...NOW even THAT is in question. I may pass on '13 & '14...now if they fire a major player in the development cycle and apologize OR offer a $40 credit for trading in '12 towards a new copy of '13...that might get me to pull the trigger.

But I doubt either of those things will honestly happen...

# 83 OGKing @ 10/31/11 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
even if they dont make the games it still goes thru them, and whether or not it should be published or not. Releasing a bug filled game is EAs fault because they released a half *** game.

Yea, you're absolutely right.

# 84 jjsmitty34 @ 10/31/11 10:22 PM
Well this is a bummer but not a surprise..

They just flat out told us to get all the dynasty fixes, we"ll have to buy NCAA 2013.

No SIr, I'll have a "Wait and See" approach to their solution.

# 85 seawolves9 @ 10/31/11 10:27 PM
Gotta agree with Skillz here.. The fact that they can't even fix something or update something cause it will cause a crash somewhere else in the game means something is seriously wrong. If the coding for the game is that bad, that's inexcusable. Absolutely inexcusable.

# 86 Buckeye Country @ 10/31/11 10:37 PM
Thanks a lot EA, you could have at least tuned the sliders to do what they are supposed to do. CPU passing and pass coverage needs tuned badly. Throw us a bone here. I am done wasting my time trying to fix this game with messed up sliders. I have been buying this game on launch day since the beginning of ps2 days. Not anymore.

# 87 shadia147 @ 10/31/11 11:27 PM
Occupy EA!

# 88 Skyboxer @ 11/01/11 12:27 AM
I really don't mean this as a slam and you can check my post history on this matter.
People keep saying the can't wait for the new systems etc.. but until we get better programming it doesn't matter what systems are out there, future or otherwise. I don't know..maybe the code isn't advanced enough yet..??..??

I've said it for a few years that EA lacks talent these days. No I have no idea how to program games etc.. but I do know this is the lost Gen as far as FB games are concerned as far as ADVANCING the fun and genre.

Since the XBOX we've heard "System isn't capable" excuses. Then we get to the PS3 and 360 and it's still a mess.
I see no reason what so ever to be excited (football wise) about the new systems in the coming years.

Yes I think Madden this year was a decent game and still play it when I have time. However it's just becasue it's had the fewest of issues and not because it was a great step forward.

Hope I'm wrong but until we get some new blood in the mix that isn't afraid to go forward, we will continue to get a work in progress game.

# 89 ZekeRoberts @ 11/01/11 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
EA just lost a life long customer. I am not kidding.
this.

despicable.

yes, this community can ask for a lot sometimes from their titles. but to ask for what is promised and touted to work correctly, WITHOUT REQUIRING PATCHES THAT END UP BREAKING THE GAME, is not too much.

going to sell my copy and pretty much hang it up with EA... all it takes now is one major gripe that people find with NHL or FIFA and i don't even worry about what i might be missing out on because i'm just better off without the accompanying frustration

# 90 mkharsh33 @ 11/01/11 12:58 AM
In my opinion, this title plays better on the ps2 or the original xbox. They (EA) didn't have a patch or tuner to fallback on, so they actually put out a funner game that was of higher quality (gameplay, that is). It's almost like they put this crap out, knowing they can always try and tune or patch it later. The problem is we fools who LOVE playing football video games are suckers every year for a product we know IN ADVANCE is going to let us down. The only thing that speaks is $$$$$$$$$$, fellas...

# 91 doctorhay53 @ 11/01/11 01:27 AM
In defense of the current development team, my guess is they are grossly understaffed. I think EA from the top down has fully endorsed the 'put out a beta on release day and then patch over the course of the next 4 months' business model. In fact pretty much all game developers now put out a crappy game then charge you 40 dollars for addons. The connectivity of game consoles has literally ruined single player gaming for me. I just don't do it anymore. It's not worth the money when you have to spend 60 on the game and 40 on DLC.

In NCAA, by the time you can settle into a dynasty, the next game is 7 months away and football season is 3/4 of the way over.

If EA really wants to make a sports game, they should talk to Sports Interactive. Actually I just wish Sports Interactive would make a football game (well, they do, but we call it soccer). Sports Interactive gets sports. NCAA is a complete joke of a game. For me, the following things are enough to make the game unplayable:
- 70 man rosters? I mean come on. It's been 85 since 1994. It's not in the game EA. It's completely unacceptable.
- the entire recruiting model makes no sense. especially the fact that a committed recruit in-season cannot still be recruited. At this point in the season most teams have 15+ verbal commits. Probably 2-3 of those for most teams will switch to someone else. The recruiting model in NCAA is nothing like the real-world at all. Not even close.

I started playing NCAA 2002. I bought NCAA 11, and didn't even finish a full season before I threw it in the trash. I vowed not to buy NCAA 12. The patch cycle has pretty much validated my decision to give up on the series.

# 92 fistofrage @ 11/01/11 01:50 AM
Seriously they couldn't fix the AI FG logic on Heisman. We've been begging for this for 2 years now. The logic is there on All-American. It seems that it would be a 10 second fix for them. The logic is there, the programming was already developed on All-American. I bet it would be as easy as a copy and paste on the code.

# 93 SkillzKillz719 @ 11/01/11 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I think I'm opting out of the remainder of this generation. When EA finally, finally creates a new football engine I'll start to look back into it.
Agreed! Right now I feel like is the 360's prime. I saved up my money this year for NHL 12, FIFA 12, Madden 12, NCAA 12, MLB 2k12, and NBA 2k12. Then I'm going to buy Top Spin 4, Fight Night Champion, and Tiger Woods 12 for a combined $60.
Expensive? Hell yes. But I prepared for it. And I'm going to be very content with it for the next 4 or 5 years until they come out with a new generation AND tweak a bit so I'm not getting all the first generation crap.
And I'm going to take this all with me to college next year. Ha! Undergrad will be great. Sports game parties will be at my place!

# 94 grismosw @ 11/01/11 06:37 AM
I suggest BBB complaints if you are truly this disappointed.

I'm still pissed off about this joke that is NCAA 12 even after EA resolved my complaint. It still doesn't resolve the lack of a solid college football title.

# 95 TheShizNo1 @ 11/01/11 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I wonder how many of us will stick to the commitment and not buy next year? I'm certainly not going to buy, every year they get me but since we all know what's coming next year, it shouldn't be that hard for us. Mark my words, NCAA 13 will sell it's usual but EA will notice it's slide in NCAA 13, I guarantee it.

This is the first year since I've started playing NCAA, that I haven't been playing a college game during CFB season. It's not killing me like I thought it was, especially when I start to think of how buggy this game is. That being said, I won't have any problem holding on to my money next July.

# 96 Herky @ 11/01/11 09:23 AM
Bottom line is NCAA needs a new engine. The code they have been using is so old and things break when you keep re-using it and adding lines of new code. It can turn into one big mess which is what happened with the tendency issue.

I doubt there will be a new engine however until the new consoles come out. Probably looking at NCAA 15 before that happens.

# 97 youALREADYknow @ 11/01/11 09:47 AM
Decided to check in on the NCAA and Madden forums. Same old, same old.

Just stop playing this nonsense people. There are too many quality games out on the market right now to justify wasting time on these B-grade products.

# 98 PaperBoyx703 @ 11/01/11 09:55 AM
Atleast I am certain to have an extra $60 bucks in my account next July. Oh Happy Day oh Happy Day. It was funny looking at the post and I scrolled down expecting more to it only to find myself reading about NFL Blitz...So I guess you can say I was disappointed...well not really.

# 99 fistofrage @ 11/01/11 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Decided to check in on the NCAA and Madden forums. Same old, same old.

Just stop playing this nonsense people. There are too many quality games out on the market right now to justify wasting time on these B-grade products.
Yep, its sad to say, but the GOLDEN AGE of football gaming was 5 years ago. There is absolutely no way I could justify spending $60 on an EA sports game when there are so many other quality products on the market.

I just might be done with Sports gaming for good after this year's debacle.

# 100 edaddy @ 11/01/11 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I wonder how many of us will stick to the commitment and not buy next year? I'm certainly not going to buy, every year they get me but since we all know what's coming next year, it shouldn't be that hard for us. Mark my words, NCAA 13 will sell it's usual but EA will notice it's slide in NCAA 13, I guarantee it.
Not many and EA knows that. By the time July rolls around people will be itching for a new game, you add in the usual Community day Hype, the tidbits of information that people gravatate to like roaches on crumbs, and the people who somehow get the game early and say it's the best NCAA yet and you will have a long line come midnight release. Mark my words it's like clockwork every year...people are forgetting that there have been gamebreaking bugs and features that didnt work as advertised in NCAA for years this is nothing new ..well at least to me..Gamefly is my best friend..LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.