Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 fistofrage @ 11/01/11 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Not many and EA knows that. By the time July rolls around people will be itching for a new game, you add in the usual Community day Hype, the tidbits of information that people gravatate to like roaches on crumbs, and the people who somehow get the game early and say it's the best NCAA yet and you will have a long line come midnight release. Mark my words it's like clockwork every year...people are forgetting that there have been gamebreaking bugs and features that didnt work as advertised in NCAA for years this is nothing new ..well at least to me..Gamefly is my best friend..LOL
Honestly think times have changed. I think the NCAA franchise WILL lose its hardcore fans. The question is, will they even notice. We might only number in the few thousands. That can easily be absorbed by the new flock of sheep that emerges.

Bottom line, they will lose some customers over this, be the number may be marginal and go unnoticed. But if their goal is profit maximization, they need to change there ways because some customers have been lost whether they see it or not.

# 102 madguitarskillz1 @ 11/01/11 11:43 AM
They said they would fix the issue with the 3-4 under defensive formation. I'm assuming this fixes the disconnect glitch?

What about rb walk glitch and others?

# 103 C the Lyte @ 11/01/11 12:26 PM

Tremendous job here Tiburon. Way to lose a customer here.

Look @ the bryte side. At least they have acknowledged that there are mutiple issues with this game. They have also acknowledged that they cannot fix them sufficiently. Really?

Little known to them, I prepared myself for it this year. I waited a while before I picked up NCAA this year, and really had no problem with it. It was a luxury purchase @ the time.

They have done a lot of good things in this game. And I had supported this game for a while. However, I don't tolerate lack of support too well. And here we are, EA says " eh we'll fix a couple more things here and there, just say **** it, and go on to 13."

Besides, look @ all the issues that carry on from year to year. This has left a very bitter taste.

Good-bye old friend, it was good while it lasted.

# 104 fistofrage @ 11/01/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomhunt
Another year of being an unpayed beta tester for EA sports....oh well.
Thank you sir, may I have another.......

# 105 tarheelguy4736 @ 11/01/11 01:10 PM
I just think they need actual football guys helping with the development of this game. I mean we all remember that ridiculous "Making of NCAA Football" on ESPNU. Most of those guys don't really have a concept of the actual game of football and what all goes in to it. Most of us on here are avid football fans and know the game, the strategies of the game, and the rules of the game. Yes you need guys that can develop the game but you also need guys that know the game of football and, specifically, know the game of college football.

# 106 WoOkiE FTW @ 11/01/11 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomhunt
Another year of being an unpayed beta tester for EA sports....oh well.
Even worse...we paid money to be beta testers.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

# 107 fistofrage @ 11/01/11 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoOkiE FTW
Even worse...we paid money to be beta testers.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
And some poor blokes even paid a premium, drove all night, or paid express shipping just so they could get start beta testing before all the other sheep.

Its really ridiculous. I'm done with it. I slider tested this game for hours only to come to the conclusion that the engine is stale, tired, and broken ontop of the sliders being reversed or broken or having no impact. At least I got the game cheap, but its not the money I'm worried about, I just wanted a decent game to play. I'll maybe check out NCAA 2015 if they get their act together by then and the game is on par with NCAA 2006 for the PS2.

# 108 DNMHIII @ 11/01/11 02:21 PM
We should make a Facebook page that exposes all the BS and really kick this off.

# 109 mkharsh33 @ 11/01/11 03:00 PM
...and some are wasting an extra $20 on luv's ps3 rosters.

# 110 DJ @ 11/01/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I really don't mean this as a slam and you can check my post history on this matter.
People keep saying the can't wait for the new systems etc.. but until we get better programming it doesn't matter what systems are out there, future or otherwise. I don't know..maybe the code isn't advanced enough yet..??..??

I've said it for a few years that EA lacks talent these days. No I have no idea how to program games etc.. but I do know this is the lost Gen as far as FB games are concerned as far as ADVANCING the fun and genre.

Since the XBOX we've heard "System isn't capable" excuses. Then we get to the PS3 and 360 and it's still a mess.
I see no reason what so ever to be excited (football wise) about the new systems in the coming years.

Yes I think Madden this year was a decent game and still play it when I have time. However it's just becasue it's had the fewest of issues and not because it was a great step forward.

Hope I'm wrong but until we get some new blood in the mix that isn't afraid to go forward, we will continue to get a work in progress game.
I would have to agree with this. It seems like the innovation just isn't there on EA's part. I don't know if it's due to the cutbacks in staff or the fact that the guys working on the game aren't as passionate (even though they claim it in interviews) about the actual sport as guys that worked on Madden/NCAA in the PS/PS2 days.

I can tolerate NCAA 12 and Madden 12. Neither is my first choice, though, if I only have limited gaming time. I'll go with MLB The Show, NBA 2K and even NHL over the football titles. Back in the day, I would play football games year-round; now, I can barely get through a season without being annoyed or just bored with the game.

# 111 Colorado Cooler @ 11/01/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
And some poor blokes even paid a premium, drove all night, or paid express shipping just so they could get start beta testing before all the other sheep.

Its really ridiculous. I'm done with it. I slider tested this game for hours only to come to the conclusion that the engine is stale, tired, and broken ontop of the sliders being reversed or broken or having no impact. At least I got the game cheap, but its not the money I'm worried about, I just wanted a decent game to play. I'll maybe check out NCAA 2015 if they get their act together by then and the game is on par with NCAA 2006 for the PS2.
After 10 years of playing, I didn't buy NCAA FB this year. Whenever I start to have withdrawal symptoms, I just read this forum and the desire goes away.

# 112 BaylorBearBryant @ 11/01/11 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
We should make a Facebook page that exposes all the BS and really kick this off.
Anyone know how to do this? I have some buddies that would join this in a heartbeat.

I think the page should strive to convince EA new leadership is needed for NCAA maybe even Madden football games.

It also needs to highlight the errors and bugs that have plagued the recent releases.

Perhaps promote a return to the innovation seen on last gen.

If anyone knows how to get this started, I'd be more than willing to help. Feel free to PM me.

# 113 BlackBetty15 @ 11/01/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

I am with you brother...I tried and tried and while playbooks help its just no use. I cant get actual football gameplay. I traded this game in already and am now playing BF3

# 114 Aranor @ 11/01/11 07:28 PM
I think there is a facebook page out there. protesters or something.

# 115 doctorhay53 @ 11/01/11 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
After 10 years of playing, I didn't buy NCAA FB this year. Whenever I start to have withdrawal symptoms, I just read this forum and the desire goes away.
This is me, down to the t. I've had the itch a few times over the last few weeks, and every time I do, I think 'maybe it's not that bad'. I come here and read the patch updates and I decide not to cave in and get it.

# 116 Colt45 @ 11/01/11 08:30 PM
I must be the only guy around actually liking this game. I came into the game knowing that with custom conferences, this was the last game I was buying for awhile anyway. I found the game frustrating at first, but now I've adjusted my play to the gameplay. I easily loft passes over super-LBs. I don't run outside all that much, but I do still get good results with outside runs and screen passes.

The tendency glitch doesn't make me bat an eye, and I can't really see what it is that is so terrible about it. I don't know if people are pissed for their own teams or the CPUs, or how it really matters all that much.

My online dynasty is into it's ~12th season (2023, I think), and I love it just as much now as before.

Yeah, there are some annoying glitches, but it's a video game. Every game has its annoying glitches. If you're dying for a perfect football sim, join a team at your school or rec center.

I find this game much more enjoyable than I did 11. I swore off 12 because of how much I disliked 11. But I got sucked into 12 because of Custom Conferences and Coaching Carousel, both of which I'm very happy with.

The only problem I've had with this game is the VERY frustrating transfer failed issue, and EAs lack of thought to give us the ability to save the dynasty/game BEFORE uploading, just in case of failure and that maybe the results could be uploaded later.

Anyway, to each his own, but am having a good time with 12.

# 117 Colt45 @ 11/01/11 08:31 PM
Also, I am not happy, necessarily, with the thought of them just saying "Bah, we'll fix it next year" for any glitch, but I AM happy that they realize that sometimes when they try to fix something, they can muck stuff up more by doing it. How many of you complaining that they're not fixing it would be REALLY pissed if they fixed it but jacked other stuff up in the process?

# 118 Aranor @ 11/01/11 08:53 PM
The problem is their programming issues. Come on now, a multi-million dollar corporation that can't even write code and fix it, why are they working there if they can't right coding? That is after all what they get paid for. Its not hard to figure out that if you use the same coding time after time and change it and change it it will develop problems. Any programmer would know that. So, "its too hard" is a poor excuse.

# 119 Cdog923 @ 11/01/11 09:00 PM
Having skimmed through the thread.....are the fixing Custom Playbooks with this too?

# 120 LionsFanNJ @ 11/01/11 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
...and some are wasting an extra $20 on luv's ps3 rosters.
..now THAT i'll never understand.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.