Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 has been released for the PS3. (The XBOX360 patch is coming soon).

Here are the official patch notes:

GAMEPLAY
  • On-dribbler steal success rates have been tuned down.
  • Tuned accuracy of directional passing in order to more reliably pass to the intended target.
  • Improved help defense, specifically for rotations on pick-and-roll situations.
  • Defensive tuning on 3PT shots to reduce the success of contested threes.
  • Addressed an issue on drives to the basket where the help defender wouldn’t fully engage in the double team
  • Several matchmaking optimizations have been made in order to help users get into games quicker. This will reduce the amount of time the “Searching For Opponent…” screen is displayed for.
  • Addressed a number of network errors that would cause games to end prematurely.
  • Addressed an issue in Team-Up where certain conditions would lead to a player standing idle for prolonged periods of time.
  • Corrected a Win/Loss streak tracking issue such that the “Back to Back to Back” achievement/trophy will now unlock at the proper time.
http://2kgam.es/NBA2K12P103

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 rockchisler @ 11/08/11 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
I'm a PS3 user: it seems that the Live Roster doesn't work.
Even if you put this option OFF every time I switch on my ps3 the default roster is loaded !!!
Dude! The NBA is STILL in a lockout, there will be no updated rosters till or if the lockout is lifted....

# 182 LD2k @ 11/08/11 01:21 PM
UPDATE

The #NBA2K12 v.1.03 Patch has been approved by Microsoft and should be released on #XBOX360 in the next 24 hours (already hit #PS3)

# 183 Thunder Storm @ 11/08/11 02:46 PM
Lord Knows, Lord Knows that the game is broken and no patch could ever save it ! (Drake voice).

# 184 Painkiller1974 @ 11/08/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Dude! The NBA is STILL in a lockout, there will be no updated rosters till or if the lockout is lifted....
No, i mean this:

every time I turn on my ps3 and start the game, It loads the default roster. if I make changes to the roster and then turn off and power back up the PS3, It loads the default roster again !!! I tried everything, I do not know what to do!

I have this problem from 1.03 patch

# 185 MustangMan @ 11/08/11 11:51 PM
The invisible force field is back after the patch..rose,James,wade , kobe etc.. will clip through or be very tough to guard if someone is halfway good at cheesing. The defense seems worse to me with the skating going on. I enjoyed the game more online before the patch. If players shot threes you just raise your arms now its even tougher. Tougher to win with a poorer team too. It almost feels more unnatural or like u have less control over your players and the response time is worse.... Is it just me?

# 186 oaba09 @ 11/09/11 07:30 AM
Just played 5 offline games with the new patch...contested jump shots are now significantly harder to hit(both midrange and 3 pt)...I'm having a hard time to adjust since I'm a perimeter oriented player but at least the CPU doesn't cheese with 3 pt shooting anymore...

# 187 Mos1ted @ 11/09/11 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan
The invisible force field is back after the patch..rose,James,wade , kobe etc.. will clip through or be very tough to guard if someone is halfway good at cheesing. The defense seems worse to me with the skating going on. I enjoyed the game more online before the patch. If players shot threes you just raise your arms now its even tougher. Tougher to win with a poorer team too. It almost feels more unnatural or like u have less control over your players and the response time is worse.... Is it just me?
Exactly what I've been saying, but people thought I was complaining over nothing. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only player experiencing this online.

# 188 qnzballa5 @ 11/09/11 10:50 AM
I have it for 360/ps3.. Main problem is that they need to tone down the sliders online for 3ptrs, on ball steals n blocks in the paint. Y are pgs blocking pf's Centers?? Come on 2k. Tone 3pt back to 46-47 like last year. Change casual/default setting to simulation. Change pro/allstar to superstar/halloffame level. Do all of that and online gameplay will be better. N fix the terrible passing..

# 189 mo2thewillyo @ 11/09/11 11:14 AM
Does the patch include any improved art modifications for:

1. Players needing hair instead of being bald (ex: Scott Williams on classic bulls teams)
2. Players eye color fixed (ex: Bill Walton needs blue eyes)
3. Bulls midcourt logo not having a line running through it
4. Removing the skybox windows in classic arenas
5) Corrected Facial hair (ex: Mo Cheels)

if not those... Hope they've fixed some art files!

# 190 fizzo @ 11/09/11 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
**** me....

# 191 mikejones76 @ 11/09/11 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
Does the patch include any improved art modifications for:

1. Players needing hair instead of being bald (ex: Scott Williams on classic bulls teams)
3. Bulls midcourt logo not having a line running through it
4. Removing the skybox windows in classic arenas
5) Corrected Facial hair (ex: Mo Cheels)

if not those... Hope they've fixed some art files!
I hope this is a joke...

# 192 Rawdeal28 @ 11/11/11 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
@RawDeal Did you notice if the frame rate hitches (stuttering) was fixed?
i never had any frame rate issues. can u describe yours? maybe i missed something

# 193 toks420 @ 11/15/11 02:42 PM
Am I going to have a problem if I download the patch when my PS3 is region 1 and my NBA 2k12 is region 3?

# 194 BigSmoove317 @ 11/23/11 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
To update, 2K's Scottish technician said what Sony told me was total rubbish and that I need to try the disc on another console (it worked on mine IMMEDIATELY before downloading the patch), delete all save data (which I did before calling them), create a new user (stayed on me with the phone through that, no luck), download a demo (which will cause 2K to write to a different area of the disc or something) but I won't be finished with that for 10-20 minutes or take the game "Back to the shop" and see if they'll take it, otherwise 2K Sports will send me a new copy.

Man, all I want to do is play digital basketball. What the ****.
I'm having the same problems with 2K12. I wanted to know if and/or how you got it to work

# 195 joegometsjetsnets @ 11/25/11 10:45 PM
I'm having the same problems as well. I've been on the phone with 2k four times tonight and I've tried various things. For a while I was freezing on "loading settings." Then I signed out of PSNetwork and tried to load up again. Now I get past "loading settings" but I get the floating "File Load-Completed" sign and it stops right there. 2k wants me to try it on another PS3, but I don't know what that is going to prove--the game works fine on my own PS3 for weeks at a time that suddenly pulls this crap again.

# 196 joegometsjetsnets @ 11/25/11 11:29 PM
For Big Smoove and Nodima:

I found out from the internet (discussed on youtube) that if you 1. Sign out of PSN (Hit the triangle button on "account management" and then 2. Delete the game data utility files for nba 2k12 with the disk out, and then you put the disk back on to load the game, the patch will install, then the game loads up, then everything seems to be working for me.

Hope this helps!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.