Home
WWE '12 News Post

It has been confirmed that a few people already have WWE 12. Please post your impressions here.

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Jukeman @ 11/14/11 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
Well apparently if you bring a created superstar into the Universe mode, they will find their way onto the card no matter where they are assigned.

The guy I created as a dumpster for unwanted titles kept showing up on Raw, even though he was assigned to WCW with the rest of the legends.

I had to slap the all the titles on Arn Anderson and then delete the created wrestler to get him out of my Universe.

Other than that, not seeing any issues, unless you count Heath Slater winning a match as a bug.
And to think leaving in the ability to vacant old titles would had been easier...

I really dont care about any titles other than what the WWE use right now so If I dont unlock the old titles would they show up or are they already unlocked?

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 82 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 12:55 AM
A quick note about the Royal Rumble as I'm about to play it -- you can edit the participants beforehand and everybody is available to compete in the match, even the guys I've shipped off to WCW.

Personally I think this is cool because I can sneak in a couple for the surprise factor, like what they did with Nash this year. Of course, if one of those guys were to happen to actually win I might be screwed, but let's see what happens....

# 83 hulkhogan1 @ 11/14/11 12:56 AM
By the way, could you see if the Nexus theme/tron is in the game? I just saw a video showing that The Corre titantron is in the game, so I'm hoping that means the Nexus stuff is there too.

# 84 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkhogan1
You could try assigning him as a free agent instead of WCW and see if that makes any difference. Unfortunately though the issue might be that the game will always want to include whoever holds a title, regardless of where they are assigned to. But having all of the unwanted titles on one person is still alot easier though because all you have to do is remove him from the card whenever he appears instead of having to do that for several different guys that hold them by default. Still sounds like a bit of an inconvenience but at least it's a work around.
No, free agents still appear on shows. I think it has more to do with him being a created wrestler than the titles I've assigned him as Arn Anderson -- the current holder of every other title in the game -- has yet to make an appearance in my Universe.

# 85 Kamaria @ 11/14/11 12:59 AM
Have you tried editing the roster the 'edit show' portion where you can change the arena and such? I think there were options for rosters there as well.

# 86 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
But once you put all the titles on Arn Anderson, did he stay in the WCW? Or does he appear on RAW as well?
Yeah, he stayed in WCW and hasn't showed up on any of my shows so far. I think it's fixed.

# 87 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaria
Have you tried editing the roster the 'edit show' portion where you can change the arena and such? I think there were options for rosters there as well.
Yeah I've done that but it doesn't let you do anything that you couldn't otherwise do from the Edit Superstar menu in Universe, other than add or delete guys from the brand. The problem was people not in the brand showing up on shows, but moving everyone you didn't want to a "dead brand" seems to have done the trick.

# 88 Streets @ 11/14/11 01:10 AM
Quote:
Yeah, he stayed in WCW and hasn't showed up on any of my shows so far. I think it's fixed.

Thank you!

By the way, are there matches designated as "remarkable matches" before the show begins? What exactly are they? Also, if you choose just to play as one guy (say, Rhodes) and sim all the other matches, will you see cutscenes and storylines pertaining to other wrestlers, or only the ones the guy you play as is a part of. Last year the only cutscenes were before and after matches and thus all had to do with the guys I played as.

# 89 dochalladay32 @ 11/14/11 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
And to think leaving in the ability to vacant old titles would had been easier...

I really dont care about any titles other than what the WWE use right now so If I dont unlock the old titles would they show up or are they already unlocked?

It's not the same as last year! Sure, it is something they should have fixed, but the excuse of they should have left it alone doesn't work because they made it into its own mode rather than a universal mode as it was before.

And I'm not sure why people think free agents should never show up on shows. They are free agents. I seem to remember in the past when guys were called "free agents", they showed up on all shows on TV in an attempt to get signed... or that was how the story went.

Seems odd how the WCW CAW kept showing up, but I think it can be worked around one way or another. Maybe check and make sure on options such as available roster for a show. Can we at least wait until the 22nd before we saw this and that are broken in this game? Sounds great to me still. And who says they don't patch it... as long as they don't have NCAA syndrome and break something else.

# 90 fpac @ 11/14/11 01:17 AM
Have there been any injuries yet?

The closer we get to release the more I find myself wanting this game. I will say that all the titles and free agents showing up has me hitting the brakes though since the Universe is really the only mode I'll play.

# 91 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It's not the same as last year! Sure, it is something they should have fixed, but the excuse of they should have left it alone doesn't work because they made it into its own mode rather than a universal mode as it was before.

And I'm not sure why people think free agents should never show up on shows. They are free agents. I seem to remember in the past when guys were called "free agents", they showed up on all shows on TV in an attempt to get signed... or that was how the story went.

Seems odd how the WCW CAW kept showing up, but I think it can be worked around one way or another. Maybe check and make sure on options such as available roster for a show. Can we at least wait until the 22nd before we saw this and that are broken in this game? Sounds great to me still. And who says they don't patch it... as long as they don't have NCAA syndrome and break something else.
You know, now that I think I have a pretty good idea how this new Universe works, I think it's perfectly acceptable. How else could they have accomodated the many different ways people will play the game. Some will want to use all the Legends in their Universe. Others will want a more realistic game. Some will want all the titles in play, others won't. The way it's set up now allows for that flexibility. Could the same thing have been accomplished in a less confusing way? Probably. But as long as these fixes are permanent -- and only more time will tell -- I'm OK with the way it's working now.

# 92 ctr05 @ 11/14/11 01:40 AM
Okay so basically here's how this could work as I understand it....

take all the titles I have no use for, stick them on some random person (I'll do a CAW named Vacant) and I'll assign them to FCW. if for some reason "Vacant" still pops up on shows, I'll just edit the match to replace him with someone else. I say that simply because I'd like to use everybody in Universe.

# 93 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr05
Okay so basically here's how this could work as I understand it....

take all the titles I have no use for, stick them on some random person (I'll do a CAW named Vacant) and I'll assign them to FCW. if for some reason "Vacant" still pops up on shows, I'll just edit the match to replace him with someone else. I say that simply because I'd like to use everybody in Universe.
If you want to keep everybody in your Universe, but not see Chavo come out wearing the Cruiserweight title, this is how to do it. Be aware, though, that your CAW will still be involved in angles (at least mine was until I deleted him).

# 94 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:47 AM
And the Royal Rumble winner was...WWWYKI!

No, I wasn't using him either, so there was no setup here. The final four were Undertaker, HBK, Punk and Ryder. It came down to HBK and Ryder and Ryder won it to earn the spot in the main event of Wrestlemania.

# 95 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:49 AM
Something cool about Universe is how one show transitions into the next...I just had the Royal Rumble, and after the credits rolled I was taken straight to the start of beginning of Raw the following night and the opening match. Neat.

# 96 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:55 AM
Also, don't think I mentioned earlier but when you're shuffling titles and legends around, don't forget to put the old tag straps on a current team so that you can disband Demolition and the Road Warriors. If you don't, they will continue to be among the contenders for the Unified tag titles.

# 97 hulkhogan1 @ 11/14/11 01:56 AM
Not sure if you saw my question. Can you see if the Nexus theme/tron is in the game? Also if Slater/Gabriel have their tag theme and not just the tron?

# 98 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkhogan1
Not sure if you saw my question. Can you see if the Nexus theme/tron is in the game? Also if Slater/Gabriel have their tag theme and not just the tron?
Sorry, no Nexus anywhere. Slater and Gabriel have both music and a video.

# 99 Jukeman @ 11/14/11 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32

My whole thing is why tho?

These guys are infamous for removing things for whatever evil reason...

Like how are you going to have movesets on the disk but are not able to use them?

Was it really that complicated to toggle universe off for exibition?

# 100 ctr05 @ 11/14/11 02:13 AM
Quote:
If you want to keep everybody in your Universe, but not see Chavo come out wearing the Cruiserweight title, this is how to do it. Be aware, though, that your CAW will still be involved in angles (at least mine was until I deleted him).
okay so say I dump all these titles on "Vacant" and then delete him. would THAT vacate the titles or would they just go back to default?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.