Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Ben Haumiller talks to Kotaku's Owen Good at length about how the realignment uncertainty affects development of NCAA Football 13.

Here are some of the bullet points, but you should definitely read the detailed article, right here.

Quote:
  • They're working on a scheduling logic that accounts for a 22-team conference.
  • They may include it in the game even if C-USA/MWC does not merge. It depends on space and other budget considerations.
  • They've had to develop multiple contingency plans for their scheduling logic.
  • They would probably never include the ability to rename or remove a conference in Dynasty set-up, for obvious reasons.
  • They would likewise never insert AI that realigns conferences midseason, independent of the user.
  • They won't try to predict future membership changes, as the TCU/Big East lesson this year bears out.
  • They don't want to hear their Madden colleagues bitching about schedule changes, that's for sure.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 thelasthurtknee @ 11/14/11 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I wish they'd add the ability to add/delete conferences. I don't really want to have a 4 team WAC. It'd be nice to take those last 4 teams, spread them out in other conferences and lose the WAC altogether.

Just an example.
I feel you on this. Here is the solution. They give us one custom conference we can make from scratch. Name it what we want. then remove that we have to have a certain number of teams in each conference. If we want to take all teams out of wac we can. they should make it so 4 or really 8 is the minumum for a conference to exsist. This way they don't have to remove any conferences. This would resolve it all. I agree we need spots for teambuilders teams also. Maybe 10 or 20. They give us 60 years of dynasty and at the pace the ncaa is going there will be 160 teams in d1 in 60 years. Pretty simple, this way the conferences shouldnt have any issues and they still get their royalty checks. As do the teams. Anyway just a thought.

# 22 BenGerman @ 11/14/11 11:42 AM
Unlike most of you, I think EA took a lot of big risks this year. They implemented a huge feature in Coaching Carousel, added Custom Playbooks, and made defense at least playable. I'm not saying the game is perfect, but they made an attempt to add some things a lot of us were dying for. Glitches are to be expected when you take risks, just look at all of Bethesda's games. Innovative, ambitious, but filled with bugs. EA took a couple steps forward, and one step back, and I for one appreciate the effort.

Now, I can see why people are frustrated on how they never really acknowledged the tendency bug. But unless we just wanted them to attempt a fix only to screw up the rest of the game, I think its something we all kind of knew wasn't going to happen this year. I know its not perfect, but if you can enjoy it for what it is, NCAA 12 is still a lot of fun.

# 23 BigDuke @ 11/14/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Unlike most of you, I think EA took a lot of big risks this year. They implemented a huge feature in Coaching Carousel, added Custom Playbooks, and made defense at least playable. I'm not saying the game is perfect, but they made an attempt to add some things a lot of us were dying for. Glitches are to be expected when you take risks, just look at all of Bethesda's games. Innovative, ambitious, but filled with bugs. EA took a couple steps forward, and one step back, and I for one appreciate the effort.

Now, I can see why people are frustrated on how they never really acknowledged the tendency bug. But unless we just wanted them to attempt a fix only to screw up the rest of the game, I think its something we all kind of knew wasn't going to happen this year. I know its not perfect, but if you can enjoy it for what it is, NCAA 12 is still a lot of fun.

I agree. Hopefully they can add a bug-free flex conference/scheduling. I'm glad they are at least making an attempt to include this. I also like the coaching carousel, although they need to improve on it next year, like giving head coaches the ability to select coordinators.

My biggest gripe with EA though is they need to do a better job of getting it right the first time.

# 24 ucas005 @ 11/14/11 12:23 PM
And the hype machine begins. My prediction ... 13 will be the year of the "conference bug".

# 25 SteelerSpartan @ 11/14/11 03:28 PM
This is really important to me but having Dynamic Conference Prestige is equally too

# 26 nccomicfan @ 11/14/11 04:50 PM
As long as custom conferences are in, who cares? Worry more about the customers you alienated!

# 27 malky @ 11/14/11 10:15 PM
Just add a playoff system to the game and screw the conference stuff, you solve your problem and everybody is happy

# 28 BurghFan @ 11/15/11 12:01 AM
So here's my thoghts on all this.

-NCAA 13 should include South Alabama (Sun Belt), UTSA (WAC), Texas St (WAC) and UMass (MAC) though any or all of those teams may be independent.
-It is totally understandable that you can't delete conferences due to licensing and such, but how about the ability to merge conferences and then use the old conferences as the divisions in the new merged conference.
-It should not be necessary to have at least 1 independent since the FBS Independents aren't an actual conference.
-FCS Schools MUST be added to the game so that we can play our schools actual opponent instead of some generic FCS 'insert region' team that is probably worse than real live D-III schools.
-There should be 'open slots' so that additional teams can be added to the existing 124 FBS teams to say bring up additioanl FCS schools such as Villanova or Jacksonville St. that may actually move up to FBS in the next few years. (This point kind of ties in with the previous one)

# 29 Watson @ 11/15/11 09:47 AM
people are never satisfied.

# 30 ChaseB @ 11/15/11 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
So now we have gotten to the point where we are just going to cover up protest and rig the discussion threads so everything seems hunky dory and the EA hype machine rolls through unquestioned once more? I can't believe this guy not only deleted Kelley's post but every post in response to it. More proof that OS is anything but objective.

WE ARE STRUGGLING WITH THE CONFERENCE MOVES. BESIDES THAT, EVERYTHING IS A-OK. YOU WILL LIKE NCAA 13. DO NOT QUESTION THE HYPE MACHINE. OS MODERATORS ARE WATCHING YOU. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
I know my check's in the mail and on its way to OS HQ.

# 31 The GIGGAS @ 11/15/11 10:35 AM
We're really going to 1984 with this? Really?

# 32 mestevo @ 11/15/11 10:38 AM
Contrary to popular belief not every thread is not about how NCAA has ruined the hopes, dreams and lives of those who have bought it. I think this is an interesting problem, I hope that they put systems in place to help make this as flexible as possible.

# 33 Watson @ 11/15/11 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
So now we have gotten to the point where we are just going to cover up protest and rig the discussion threads so everything seems hunky dory and the EA hype machine rolls through unquestioned once more? I can't believe this guy not only deleted Kelley's post but every post in response to it. More proof that OS is anything but objective.

WE ARE STRUGGLING WITH THE CONFERENCE MOVES. BESIDES THAT, EVERYTHING IS A-OK. YOU WILL LIKE NCAA 13. DO NOT QUESTION THE HYPE MACHINE. OS MODERATORS ARE WATCHING YOU. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
IT. IS. NO. VEM. BER.

The game comes out in...JULY.

The game is still half a year away. Jiminy tapdancing ****ing crickets.

# 34 TheMatrix31 @ 11/15/11 06:49 PM
Enough of this crap. Let's move on.

# 35 lhinds7 @ 11/15/11 10:11 PM
In regards to the OP, EA is just making excuses. Trying to place the blame if something doesn't work on someone else. But, as stated, it's November, not May. Chillax.

Also, why is stuff getting deleted? I realize the mods are trying to keep the place as clean as possible, but it is getting to the point where anything people say that is remotely anit-EA is deleted, as if EA is a figure that is worshiped around here. Does EA now own this forum or something? If they don't see that the consumer is dissatisfied with their product, they are going to keep producing games that are rather mediocre in terms of quality. I at least hope they have come to this realization with NCAA 12, especially with the latest statement that came along with patch #4.

# 36 LionsFanNJ @ 11/15/11 10:49 PM
MAybe because the posts are off topic and is not the thread for it? and its goddamn NOVEMBER THERE ARE EIGHT MONTHS UNTIL RELEASE.

back on topic, at least it seems they're working on getting scheduling and everything right which is good. Hopefully its thoroughly tested so the bugs are minimal. Andi fully expect the CPB's and carousel to be better implemented in 13. Now as for any other nonsense people will spew in this thread no one knows because there's no damn info on the game yet.

# 37 lhinds7 @ 11/15/11 10:55 PM
Everything is relevant. We're trying to make a better game here, aren't we?

# 38 AUChase @ 11/15/11 11:49 PM
If this was any other general thread, you guys would have all ready got it locked up... there's a time and place for the things you are trying to discuss... So, now that we're hopefully past the garbage...

I don't see where this poses any major problems. Any uncertainty about teams being re aligned, should be fixable and even if a team needs to be moved to a different conference, the re alignment tool should clear that up.

What most people care about is the gameplay, and this shouldn't affect the amount of time they have to work on that..

# 39 ucas005 @ 11/16/11 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
MAybe because the posts are off topic and is not the thread for it? and its goddamn NOVEMBER THERE ARE EIGHT MONTHS UNTIL RELEASE.

back on topic, at least it seems they're working on getting scheduling and everything right which is good. Hopefully its thoroughly tested so the bugs are minimal. Andi fully expect the CPB's and carousel to be better implemented in 13. Now as for any other nonsense people will spew in this thread no one knows because there's no damn info on the game yet.
I think venom towards the EA NCAA team this early is a sign that NCAA 12 was the last straw for many. At least for me it's very difficult to believe anything Ben and the NCAA team say now. Usually any small tidbit or article about next years game would have me speculating and searching to learn more. Not this year. Not with this team. For us hardcore NCAA gamers I really do hope they get this right and MANY other aspects of this game right next year. Not that I will buy, but as our only option this game must to start moving in the right direction.

# 40 jeremym480 @ 11/16/11 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
THIS IS KELLEY325 , AFTER I POSTED THAT I WAS BANNED FOR LIFE FROM THIS WEBSITE . THE REASON THEY GAVE WAS FOR "GARBAGE" , WE'LL SEE IF THE BAN ME ON THIS PROFILE AS WELL
It's seems like they will have a real hard time finding out that your a previously banned member

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.