Home
WWE '12 News Post

Now that WWE 12 is available to everyone, we are starting over, with a fresh impressions slate for the OS community.

As we like to keep the clutter down, please post your impressions only. If you have a question, please post in our WWE 12 Q&A thread.

If you would like to read impressions from some of the lucky OS'ers that received the game much earlier, click here.

Renowned WWE Simulation Franchise Returns to Action, Delivering Core Gameplay Improvements, Most Extensive Feature Set to Date and Instinctive Presentation

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - November 22, 2011 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that WWE® ’12, the long-awaited rebirth of the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise, is now available at North American retailers for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. Featuring a bigger game, badder presentation and better simulation-based gameplay, including critical core gameplay improvements, the most creative and extensive feature set to date and a visceral, edgy and polished presentation, WWE ’12 is available now for the suggested retailed prices of US $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system) and US $49.99 (Wii).

“WWE ’12 delivers an incredible experience for fans this year through significant gameplay improvements, a robust, diverse feature set and the most polished presentation to date in the franchise,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “Now is the time to get in the virtual ring and experience WWE action like never before.”

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TimmeH @ 11/22/11 01:21 PM
Picked up the PS3 version this morning at Target for $47. If you plan on getting it there, don't wait around, I grabbed their last copy two hours after they opened.

I've played three matches this morning and so far am impressed. Every match is back and forth, yet not a reversal fest. I'm still getting a grasp on the new controls, so we'll see if it remains back and forth after I know what I'm doing.

Just got done completing a Royal Rumble. It was actually really fun. Only complaint is they are definitely very User friendly. Seems like HUM controlled players can eliminate the CPU at will and fend off CPU attempts easily. That being said, I still had to control three different guys to actually win the match(finally won the match with Sin Cara at lucky number 27)

# 2 cake612 @ 11/22/11 02:04 PM
Picked it up from Target with no problem, been playing for about an hour. Awesome to see CM with his new music. Started playing the Road to Wrestlemania to unlock some new stuff and I'm stuck on the tag match in the first PPV where your supposed to finish off the Big Show. Seriously what is this, you can't pin him it's literally disabled, you can't tag your teammates also disabled. I can't make him submit since he pins me before I can get a second special. I don't know what is going on, maybe I'm missing something blatantly obvious but I just keep failing and I have no idea why or how I'm supposed to beat it. I'm liking the actual in game gameplay so far but in this particular match they do a terrible job of explaining what's going on.

# 3 scottyo60 @ 11/22/11 02:07 PM
Got to Target right at 8. Talking to the lady they had 8 Xbox 360 copies and it was kind of a mess getting them. Played for about 2 hours now... I love it. Road to Wrestlemania is not my favorite, but I don't think that's the center pieces of the game anymore like I think game informer complained of. So far in Universe I've had one strange thing happened 2 weeks in. Big Show and R-Truth formed an alliance attacking Cena, but Evan Bourne attacked Swagger handing Cena the match.

Over all it's a lot of fun, I'll be playing this a lot! I've won some matches and lost some, but not had a match that's bored me. Can't wait to get into Create an Arena and CAW

# 4 DTX3 @ 11/22/11 03:18 PM
Spent about an hour on the game and man I havent had this much fun with a wrestling game in a long while. The controls definitely remind me of No Mercy. BTW, Daniel Bryan is a beast.

# 5 Mercury112491 @ 11/22/11 03:59 PM
Spent a little time playing and watching. Coolest thing I've seen so far is a cage match between Rock and HBK. Michaels hits SCM then goes to climb out but Rock gets up and pulls him down before he can get out. As soon as Michaels hits the ground Rocks kicks him in the stomach and goes for the Rock Bottom. Michaels counters it into another SCM climbs out and wins. Awesome.

On those objective based matches in RtWM, just keep beating him till the Y button appears over Show's head. Hit Y and it will trigger the cut scene. Confused me at first too.

# 6 DTX3 @ 11/22/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Then I go into universe. Figured I'd get a handle on the controls first before going through RTWM. Try to set Punk/ADR for the title as the 3rd match as the last one is scheduled as Cena vs. ??? and go back to the screen but it seems you have to play whatever match you set when you set it. So I set it for the first match. Gameplay is improved. Not a lot though. Matches last slightly longer than they did before. This is by default. New animation engine is nice. The problem here came when I hit the GTS. This being a supposeded WWE Title match I expected a HUGE pop for the finisher and a big 1,2,3! count from the crowd. Nothing. It was as dead as when Hunico entered at Survivor Series. So I expect Punk to be celebrating with the title but no. A normal victory scene occured then the Lesnar thing happend. I check the champions after the match and ADR was STILL the champ despite having lost the match. So don't make your first match in universe a title match because if you do the title won't change.
The whole point of this is to unlock Brock Lesnar. I believe everyone has the same outcome in the first show of universe.

# 7 cake612 @ 11/22/11 04:08 PM
I finally beat the Big Show match with ADR at Bragging Rights, you just have to beat on him until the indicator pops up above him. RTWM is pretty weak so far, you start out in a normal match but you never get to finish them. You just beat on your opponent until you have to press Y and then it goes to a cut scene. Kinda boring, I'm just playing through to try and unlock everything but I'm really not having any fun with it.

The actual gameplay is cool and I had fun in the couple of exhibition matches I did, my views are just a little soured at this point since I'm pretty much only playing RTWM and I just want to get those unlocks out of the way before I get into universe.

# 8 jaybird313 @ 11/22/11 04:25 PM
Found out just now that 80 MS points unlocks it all in the store...well worth it for me at least.

# 9 Tomba @ 11/22/11 04:45 PM
Good game.

# 10 DTX3 @ 11/22/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird313
Found out just now that 80 MS points unlocks it all in the store...well worth it for me at least.
80 MS points for each item. I got an hour and a half left here at work.

# 11 jaybird313 @ 11/22/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
80 MS points for each item. I got an hour and a half left here at work.
Yeah. I just paid the 80 for HBK & and all other stars though...

# 12 dochalladay32 @ 11/22/11 06:14 PM
I thought I had seen it all in the NCAA forums. It's a video game. Not everything is going to be perfect. Ok, so they didn't get the real Smackdown theme... not the end of the world. If they were missing an actual wrestler's theme, now that is a big deal. Commentary is repetitive... just like in any sports game because they can't record hundreds of lines to mention about every wrestler. A story mode is going to make that obvious when it focuses on just one person mostly. Can it be better? Sure. But is it going to kill you? Doubt it. If it's only worth a rental to you, rent it and be done with it.

# 13 franch1se @ 11/22/11 06:42 PM
only played 2 matches so far and lost both. The game is much harder than last years. I'm trying to get used to the new controls as well. Match 1 CM Punk (ME) vs Dolph Ziggler and lost. Match 2 was Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara (ME) vs Alex Riley and Tyson Kidd.

I'm about to be Wade Barrett and take on Santino.

edit - Ok destroyed Santino with Wade...as it should be

# 14 Majingir @ 11/22/11 06:45 PM
Anyone want a code for The Rock? I'll trade you the code for fan axxess(or if you can think of a better offer,then tell me it)

# 15 EL_GABE @ 11/22/11 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
It's a rental,I didn't open it. Wanted to see if they actually wanted my money first but they don't so I'm not buying it. The online code is on the back of the book,that's why I have that to give out.

I didn't say anything about hating it. I'm pointing out flaws as I usually do. (like RealmK said while I was posting this) If in the end the flaws outweigh the potential fun then yah but I've hardly played it long enough to decide that yet. The sound is awful,that's for sure. Commentary is terrible and it doesn't feel 'alive'.
did it come with the code for the rock? =D

# 16 EL_GABE @ 11/22/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Anyone want a code for The Rock? I'll trade you the code for fan axxess(or if you can think of a better offer,then tell me it)
what system?

# 17 Cpre5 @ 11/22/11 07:47 PM
Split 1st two matches road warriors v demolition and had a blast. 3rd match I picked the Rock v Brock. I feel used and abused, Brock was a reversal and suplex machine. He threw me around like a rag doll, and well I loved every moment of it. I'm having a blast with this game and learning all over again.

Off to redo a little Undertaker v HBK. Can't wait for Macho man dlc and hope they do the Warrior someday

# 18 SoxFan01605 @ 11/22/11 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
only played 2 matches so far and lost both. The game is much harder than last years. I'm trying to get used to the new controls as well. Match 1 CM Punk (ME) vs Dolph Ziggler and lost. Match 2 was Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara (ME) vs Alex Riley and Tyson Kidd.

I'm about to be Wade Barrett and take on Santino.

edit - Ok destroyed Santino with Wade...as it should be
I agree. I've played 2 matches as well and it's been tougher (some of it is me is mistakenly going for the old control scheme). The AI (no matter who it is) reverses everything, it seems. I'm gonna have to lower the reversal sliders for sure.

The controls still feel a bit sluggish IMO and I'm also concerned that, with the finisher slider maxed out, I hit Michael Cole with Sweet Chin Music and he immediately got up and slid out of the ring. Hopefully that was because he was so close to the ropes...

Other than that, the game looks great. Hopefully some of this will get better once I'm used to the controls and fool around with the sliders.

EDIT: Okay, Michael Cole has the ring escape ability, which is why he kept using rolling out right after sweet chin music. I don't think the ability should apply to getting hit with a finisher, but whatever....easy enough to edit.

Also realized that lowering the AI reversal rate under reversals didn't seem to do much to change all the reversals I was seeing, but lowering the reversals under the general sliders did the trick. I moved them just a few clicks down and it was much better. Still saw a lot of reversals, but it flowed better and seemed to fit the wrestlers more.

# 19 scottyo60 @ 11/22/11 08:17 PM
My universe cut scenes are going like crazy! Ricardo Rodriguez got ejected for ADR then after the match he turned on him... Haha guess he didn't like ADR becoming Brock's handler. In that match I also saw Undertaker out of the corner of my eye and when I went over he went after HHH. So far Universe is the meat of the game. If your looking for great RTW this might not be for you, but I've had some **** matches.

# 20 The 24th Letter @ 11/22/11 09:11 PM
I beat up Cena for like 10 mins on RTWM, and cant get the "prompt" to finish him.....he then FUs me out of nowhere to end the match.

eh.

Im probably not going to get into this game....I have a online axxess code handy....first come, first serve....

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.