Home
NHL 12 News Post

Back in early December, we posted the video. Check out how Lexi Peters, a 14 year old female, was selected to debut in NHL 12 courtesy of ABC News.

Quote:
With more than 65,000 girls now playing hockey in the U.S., she did not think that made sense. So she did something about it. On the advice of her father, she wrote a letter to Electronic Arts, the creator of the game.

“It is unfair to women and girl hockey players all around the world,” Lexi wrote. “I have to be represented by a man … and that is not fun.”

“Women’s hockey is a fast-growing sport,” she added. “I am confident that I’m not the only woman interested in the opportunity to create herself in the game.”

Several weeks later, Lexi received an unexpected email from the senior producer for EA Sports’ NHL games, David Littman.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jack1535 @ 11/24/11 12:41 PM
Read about this in my local paper in October. The girl's school is like 30 minutes from me.

# 2 Ziostilon @ 11/24/11 04:31 PM
Like what some other people said on the EA boards

Doesn't Lexi Peters sound like a certain character in an adult film

Anyways, good for her. And its nice to see hockey is still growing in the USA through different genders and ages

# 3 plaidchuck @ 11/25/11 06:37 AM
Yeah really, one letter and they add something to the game but probably after 1000s of requests since NHL09 they can't add something like customizable season lengths in the offline mode?

Not taking anything away from her, if it's good for USA hockey I'm all for it, this is just a criticism for EA more anything.

# 4 Eski33 @ 11/25/11 02:54 PM
Nice of Littman to respond and add this feature. Not hurting the game and will increase its fan base.

# 5 The Yurpman @ 11/25/11 11:22 PM
I think the girl was on to something. If you want a feature added to an EA Sports game, tell them you're a female. "Fix the NCAA franchise EA, I'm a girl and I want to play this game the way it's meant to be played!"

# 6 TreyIM2 @ 11/26/11 01:59 PM
This is great and all but this almost seems like a backhand to those who play or used to play EA's sportsgames and can't get them to fix the most ridiculous of legacy issues in their games when we complain in mass. Way to alienate, ur TRUE gamers, once again, EA. Always trying to pander to the casual and non-existent fan and now trying to catch press for doing something 'touching' for one damn person. No props for this.

# 7 ChrisDanger @ 11/26/11 04:13 PM
When EA says they listen to their fans, THIS is what they mean. Anything game based that needs addressing they tend to just pass over.

# 8 tril @ 11/27/11 10:38 AM
great story!!!

# 9 Double-J @ 11/30/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
Read about this in my local paper in October. The girl's school is like 30 minutes from me.
Yeah, saw this on Channel 7. Didn't realize she was from the Buffalo area.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.