Home
Madden 12 News Post

Recently, we asked Justin Dewiel, Community Manager at EA Sports about online franchise roster updates and the promised Madden NFL 12 tuner sets. Here is his response.

Any updates for the Online Franchise Rosters?

Quote:
We don't normally do online franchise roster updates during the season. There's one to start the season and one at the end.

What is the latest on Madden NFL 12 tuner sets?

Quote:
No updates regarding tuners to pass along at this point.

As many of us already know, tuner sets and surprise onside kicks were announced back in February.

Based off of his response, do you think we see tuner sets for Madden NFL 12?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 OGKing @ 12/08/11 06:12 AM
Alright. Listen here. With the current engine that madden is running, like someone already stated in this thread, you're not going to see a dramatic improvement.

I hate to compare companies, cause i don't want to cause a stir. Take a look at NBA 2k8 / 2k9 / 2k10. Compare those to 2k11 / 2k12. Pretty much nothing is the same when you compare the games. It feels different, no old animations, and the presentation is great.

Now, take a look at Madden 09/ Madden 10 / Madden 08. Compare that with Madden 12. There should be absolutely NO REASON why these old tackle animations / old spin animations / old catch animations should be in the game. Madden 12 presentation is good, but it should be better. It's a shame really, madden has potential, but it isn't going to be as good as people want. Face the facts, if they don't scrap the engine, it's going to continue to be the same..with a few new features here and there, along with a few new tackle animations.

Go back and play an old madden game, i bet you anything that you can find some animations that you see in Madden 12.

Again, I'm not trying to start a 2k / Madden war as i find those annoying and childish, just stating the facts here. I for one thought Madden 12 was pretty decent, but i returned it about two months ago because of the UDFA problem, and it was a turn off for Dynasty.

You guys want developers to listen to what's wrong with the game. Quite frankly, they're listening, but they're not going to try with 100% effort to fix the problems in this game. Why is that? Money.

Just my two cents.

# 62 RogueHominid @ 12/08/11 10:57 AM
This seems to have turned into a hate Madden thread.

On the issue of tuner sets, I think that smart gamers should expect none in M13, regardless of what the developers tell us.

For Madden, it is realistic to expect an opening-day patch, a second patch in October some time, and semi-regular roster updates. You have to block out the PR and let the track record set your expectations.

I'm a critic, but I think this game is far from atrocious. It's pretty darn good, especially when you get the right sliders, schemes, priorities, and player types set up right. The game plays dynamically and is aesthetically pretty good.

I don't even want much tuned this year. I only want less rush from the DTs--that's it. But I've already fixed that myself.

The most important thing is to be realistic in our expectations--we know by now what we will and won't get, and we should be skeptical as a group until we're proven wrong.

# 63 baseballsim @ 12/08/11 01:41 PM
Hopefully one of these days they can find a way to synch the Online Franchise Rosters with the weekly updates.

# 64 TerryP @ 12/08/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

On the issue of tuner sets, I think that smart gamers should expect none in M13, regardless of what the developers tell us.

For Madden, it is realistic to expect an opening-day patch, a second patch in October some time, and semi-regular roster updates. You have to block out the PR and let the track record set your expectations.

I'm a critic, but I think this game is far from atrocious. It's pretty darn good, especially when you get the right sliders, schemes, priorities, and player types set up right. The game plays dynamically and is aesthetically pretty good.

I don't even want much tuned this year. I only want less rush from the DTs--that's it. But I've already fixed that myself.

The most important thing is to be realistic in our expectations--we know by now what we will and won't get, and we should be skeptical as a group until we're proven wrong.
Great post! Do you play on All-Madden? If so, what slider tweaks would you suggest?

# 65 Phobia @ 12/08/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

I disagree TM and here is why. First off Online Franchise mode has no option to sliders, yet this was supposed to be a feature that got pulled at last min. So when people say "Yea Sliders help", I will respond with "Yea for HALF the game you purchased". So technically the other half is not up to par with how you would like it to be.

Plus Sliders AND ratings do very little to the game. You can literally crank sliders down to ZERO and see very small changes in behavior. You can also go even further and adjust rating to ZERO and still see very little changes.

So while sliders make subtle changes to the game we currently have. You can't adjust it past certain spots that are hardcoded into the game. Which then makes the game only so adjustable to your liking.

I personally still play Madden at least once a week and I enjoy it. But from a non-biased point of view the game is broken or poorly designed on many many levels. That is just my honest perception of the product. It is fun to play and I enjoy playing it against my buddies but as far as it FEELING like football and PLAYING like what I watch on Sunday. I just don't see that at all.

Now as far as this becoming a "hate Madden" thread, I don't believe. I think people can express their unhappiness with how the patches and tuners were never utilized. I think we as devoted football gamers SHOULD vocally say what we ENJOY and DISLIKE about the game. Other wise how will they the developers know what we the community don't like or what we would like to see worked on some more.

I think it is a largely known issue that Madden has felt "floaty" and lack any sense of weight or momentum. I personally think it is a design decision on purpose for the sake of control. Which I disagree with, it should portray the game as it is on Sunday.

Also another known issue has continued to be the O-line vs D-line. EA has acknowledged this and tried to make changes to fix it. But something is hardcoded into the game that ratings or sliders can't repair. So that leads to a new engine of that system they have in place or a complete overhaul of the current one in use.

So just these two areas you can see are deeper issues than just sliders or ratings. They are designed or poorly executed areas in the game that need big improvements on. They (EA) are the only people with access to the tools to repair these areas and I have to think there is systems in place now that a TUNER or PATCH could at least repair these areas slightly better than what they are now. So why don't we get these kinds of fixes?? That is my biggest complaint!! These tools were implemented for a reason yet they go unused.

# 66 roadman @ 12/08/11 03:54 PM
Phobia;

Good to see you back on here again.

You are right about sliders. I don't go online, so for me, I adjust the sliders to my liking like any other sports game and go from there. Yes, I do feel bad about people who play online. Supposedly, the guy from NCAA came over to the Madden side to build online for 13 and beyond.

I just don't think tuners and patches will fix the items you and I agree on. As you said earlier, a new engine might fix those issues.

We can only hope the new leaders will start bringing more NFL type football to Madden.

# 67 Phobia @ 12/08/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Phobia;

Good to see you back on here again.

You are right about sliders. I don't go online, so for me, I adjust the sliders to my liking like any other sports game and go from there. Yes, I do feel bad about people who play online. Supposedly, the guy from NCAA came over to the Madden side to build online for 13 and beyond.

I just don't think tuners and patches will fix the items you and I agree on. As you said earlier, a new engine might fix those issues.

We can only hope the new leaders will start bringing more NFL type football to Madden.
We can only hope Road. Cause all I want is a true football game worthy of being at the top of the sports genre' like The Show.

# 68 ANDROMADA 1 @ 01/09/12 04:32 PM
Too little too late. This ship has run its course. Get what u can out of it and move on before the trade/sell value drops too much.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.