Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC is available now for 360 users. The DLC should be available for PS3, later this afternoon. For details about the DLC, click here.

Queue it up right here, if you're on 360 (800 Points)

Play a few games, test some things out and let us know what you are seeing.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase Add-on Content Now Available

Adds hours of play with more than 300 basketball legends and all-new gameplay modes

New York, NY – November 29, 2011 – 2K Sports announced today that Legends Showcase, the downloadable add-on content for NBA® 2K12, is now available for $9.99 via PlayStation® Network for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and for 800 Microsoft Points via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

“2K Sports is committed to supporting NBA 2K12 by providing fans with exciting and engaging downloadable content,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. “We’re proud to present Legends Showcase as the first add-on package for the franchise. The new modes and legends will provide NBA fans with even more content to satisfy their professional basketball hunger.”

Legends Showcase creates a truly unique basketball experience for all fans, featuring a new, cell-shaded art style set in New York City’s iconic Times Square. It will enhance NBA 2K12 by providing a never-seen-before gaming experience, giving fans an all-new way to end the debate over who is the greatest basketball player of all time.

Legends Showcase allows gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge. Gamers can also unlock current NBA players to create unique match-ups between legends and current stars. Finally, for the ultimate challenge, gamers can bring their My Player into the mix and battle the legends of the NBA to see how they stack up against the best ever.

Legends Showcase also includes Classic Quick Match, a new mode that allows gamers to play online with the “NBA’s Greatest” teams in a regular simulation setting.

NBA 2K12 is now available at leading video game retailers nationwide for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Wii, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system and Windows PC. Legends Showcase* is add-on content for NBA 2K12 and now available to be downloaded via PlayStation® Network or Xbox LIVE.

*Add-on content. Requires NBA 2K12 to play.

NBA 2K12 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com. For more information on NBA 2K12, visit http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 stowie @ 11/29/11 06:03 AM
It's up now for 360, just under 400MB.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...35f5?cid=SLink

# 2 Canquain @ 11/29/11 06:04 AM
When someone plays it can they please tell me if you can play with your my players online?

# 3 divence @ 11/29/11 06:09 AM
After couple games of 2vs2 teammate challenge i got annoyed by the cell shade graphics..cannot find any option to turn it off even that someone said it can be done..i see no separate option menu in legends showcase...

# 4 sunsaz @ 11/29/11 06:14 AM
Just downloaded it and messed around with it for about half an hour. (I couldn't sleep anyways) Honestly, I probably won't be doing that much playing around with it. The sliders don't transfer, you can't turn the cell-shade off, you can't even put it on cpu vs cpu if you just want to kick back and relax. And no, the new legends are NOT in the main game now. Another thing of note is that the existing hexed CAPs on 2K Share still have the black arms even after you download them. It remains to be seen if they'll still be there if someone re-uploads them with the DLC intact (if that's even possible).

Pretty much the only plus I can see is that the ability to customize the classic rosters is available right off the bat, which is great since that was the primary attraction of this DLC for me.

Bottom line: unless there's a code we don't know about to unlock the new legends in the main game or if you're big into roster customization, you can probably live without the DLC. Of course, I realize a lot of people play online and use the My Player and Create A Legend modes, but I don't use either so I don't consider myself to be a fair judge of those factors.

# 5 almostbobsaget @ 11/29/11 06:28 AM
This DLC is very underwhelming. The only part of it I'm pleased with is the access to the legend teams, which should have been included with the game anyways.

To anyone who downloads this:

Make sure you are rating it how you actually feel about it. I know we are still giving 2K our money and justifying their DLC, but if they get a lower rating they might reassess future DLC releases or even this DLC release. I urge you, rate it low if you are unimpressed with the content!!!

# 6 Canquain @ 11/29/11 06:54 AM
No my player online with the DLC???

# 7 CaCHooKa Man @ 11/29/11 07:04 AM
kobe, duncan and dirk arent available in any other modes aside from the 3v3 era challenge. plus, whats up with not having to clear the ball after a steal or block? i thought a change of possession meant you had to clear the ball, not only after a missed shot and rebound.

# 8 dkrause1971 @ 11/29/11 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiveBlaze
I stayed up all night to buy this game and it completely destroyed my rosters so beware of that. They also prompted me for the lebron 9 south beach which also completely glitches the game if you try to access this so my question is what is all this for did you do no beta testing for this dlc or did you once again say screw your consumer. My game is now ruined until they patch this THANKS ALOT 2K
I would like to know what you mean by destroyed your roster? I assume copied over it. I understand your pissed, i just want to know what exactly your talking about so others can watch out for it.

For those with it, what can we exactly edit on the legends teams? Can we just add the CAPs or can we edit the fake players to the real missing players? That might be enough to get me to bite.

# 9 divence @ 11/29/11 07:15 AM
Quote:
I stayed up all night to buy this game and it completely destroyed my rosters so beware of that. They also prompted me for the lebron 9 south beach which also completely glitches the game if you try to access this so my question is what is all this for did you do no beta testing for this dlc or did you once again say screw your consumer. My game is now ruined until they patch this THANKS ALOT 2K
I have the same problem..the game prompted me with Lebron 9 Miami shoe after i downloaded the DLC and no art is visible for it..then i try to customize it and the game crashes..also after couple of games 2vs2 teammate challenge i went out of the mode and came back and the save file somehow got corrupted and i got to start all over again...so far not good experiences of this mode at all..

# 10 Goffs @ 11/29/11 07:23 AM
eh..where do I d/l this? Ingame or marketplace? Ingame just shows coming soon...does that change?

# 11 CaCHooKa Man @ 11/29/11 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I would like to know what you mean by destroyed your roster? I assume copied over it. I understand your pissed, i just want to know what exactly your talking about so others can watch out for it.

For those with it, what can we exactly edit on the legends teams? Can we just add the CAPs or can we edit the fake players to the real missing players? That might be enough to get me to bite.
you cant edit the fake players' names and stuff but you can release them and add created players to the teams

# 12 RedmanR @ 11/29/11 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
just got ring of death

Wow really. . . not due to DLC I hope

# 13 dkrause1971 @ 11/29/11 07:38 AM
Quote:
What i did was add a nick van exel cyberface download to the 97-98 lakers, then i released the john brown point guard to free agents. Then i went to the legends showcase and backed out and my roster had duplicates of every major player on every team, no free agents, anymore and most teams lost players and every legend had a separate team with no team logo but a visual concepts logo so i had to reset my roster back to default
Damn, so one of the things i wanted was adding guys like Andrew Toney to the 84 Sixers will be a problem even. Thank you for explaining further.

# 14 Ejfalcon9 @ 11/29/11 08:12 AM
Can someone tell me how many Microsoft points the DLC costs? I havent done much research into it. Not being able to bring the new legends into the base game really turned me off. If its like 400-560mp sure i'll grab it ,but if its the 800mp no thanks 2k.

# 15 almostbobsaget @ 11/29/11 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
Can someone tell me how many Microsoft points the DLC costs? I havent done much research into it. Not being able to bring the new legends into the base game really turned me off. If its like 400-560mp sure i'll grab it ,but if its the 800mp no thanks 2k.
800 MP = $10. Not worth it in my opinion. If everyone is lucky, those who bought the DLC will be able to modify the legends rosters and upload them to 2K share so others don't have to throw away $10.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

# 16 STLRams @ 11/29/11 08:28 AM
So basically the only benefit of this DLC is the ability to edit the classic rosters and so far it seems that isn't even cut and dry as it should be. For 2K to add all of the those new classic players and not give us the option to play with them in the other game modes is taking one step forward and two steps back. 2KSports has me really confused on there logic this year, maybe when the upcoming patch is released they will add the option of being able to put the new 45 classic players in the other game modes.

# 17 ezio @ 11/29/11 08:29 AM
Sorry to ask a question in here but just wanted to confirm that no one found a way to turn off the cell shading?

# 18 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/29/11 08:36 AM
The insight said we could use existing legends in association. The online association insight said anything that could be done in offline association could be done in online association. So putting the 2 pieces of information together, did the unlikely actually happen, Do we have legends available in online association?

# 19 Pared @ 11/29/11 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRocky145xX
2k wont see an impression from me until they drop a patch....is almost December and we still playing this gimped game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
Yeah just looked it up, not worth it. I'm more of a simulation association player so not having a crappy arcade version of 2k12 with a neon coat of paint won't bother me.
Either you have an impression from buying the DLC or you don't.

If you don't, DON'T POST. It's that simple.

People are interested in reading what others have to say about this - not your opinions on why it's not worth it.

Thanks.

# 20 Sellaz32 @ 11/29/11 08:51 AM
It's very glitchy at this point with the rosters, but you CAN play with new legends in the main game.

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.