Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC is available now for 360 users. The DLC should be available for PS3, later this afternoon. For details about the DLC, click here.

Queue it up right here, if you're on 360 (800 Points)

Play a few games, test some things out and let us know what you are seeing.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase Add-on Content Now Available

Adds hours of play with more than 300 basketball legends and all-new gameplay modes

New York, NY – November 29, 2011 – 2K Sports announced today that Legends Showcase, the downloadable add-on content for NBA® 2K12, is now available for $9.99 via PlayStation® Network for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and for 800 Microsoft Points via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

“2K Sports is committed to supporting NBA 2K12 by providing fans with exciting and engaging downloadable content,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. “We’re proud to present Legends Showcase as the first add-on package for the franchise. The new modes and legends will provide NBA fans with even more content to satisfy their professional basketball hunger.”

Legends Showcase creates a truly unique basketball experience for all fans, featuring a new, cell-shaded art style set in New York City’s iconic Times Square. It will enhance NBA 2K12 by providing a never-seen-before gaming experience, giving fans an all-new way to end the debate over who is the greatest basketball player of all time.

Legends Showcase allows gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge. Gamers can also unlock current NBA players to create unique match-ups between legends and current stars. Finally, for the ultimate challenge, gamers can bring their My Player into the mix and battle the legends of the NBA to see how they stack up against the best ever.

Legends Showcase also includes Classic Quick Match, a new mode that allows gamers to play online with the “NBA’s Greatest” teams in a regular simulation setting.

NBA 2K12 is now available at leading video game retailers nationwide for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Wii, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system and Windows PC. Legends Showcase* is add-on content for NBA 2K12 and now available to be downloaded via PlayStation® Network or Xbox LIVE.

*Add-on content. Requires NBA 2K12 to play.

NBA 2K12 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com. For more information on NBA 2K12, visit http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 lsalas76 @ 11/30/11 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
New legend players are now on 2kShare. Details in roster forum. Gamertag is Sellaz32.
Awesome thanks I just dowloaded the 5 teams you posted, put them into a season, exported and then saved them. At first I was unable to trade players and if I released a player, he would disappear, but if you wait a while it will allow you to eventually do all that but you must have auto save off.

# 122 Camille1988 @ 11/30/11 02:00 AM
this DLC sucks.you cant make a shot.

# 123 OGKing @ 11/30/11 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille1988
this DLC sucks.you cant make a shot.
Really bro? Really?

# 124 OGKing @ 11/30/11 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76
Awesome thanks I just dowloaded the 5 teams you posted, put them into a season, exported and then saved them. At first I was unable to trade players and if I released a player, he would disappear, but if you wait a while it will allow you to eventually do all that but you must have auto save off.

Thanks a ton man!!!

Edit: They're all headless lmao.

# 125 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/30/11 09:26 AM
playing the A,I feels like im playing allstar default with default rosters- in the third quarter.

# 126 SimBaller @ 11/30/11 09:57 AM
It seems that the roster problem manifests itself when you select the "Legends Showcase" nav option when you have unsaved roster changes.

If you are editing your roster in any fashion and then decide that you want to play the DLC, just select the 'Home' option (where the roster will save) before entering the DLC and the problem won't occur.

We'll address in the next patch.

# 127 mrclutch @ 11/30/11 10:00 AM
Played some more this morning with the quick match online. I was so fun to do the Dream Shake with Hakeem online. I think I went 10-12 with 25 pt and the game saving block.
For me the online is worth $10. Fun little ride.

# 128 bigball12 @ 11/30/11 10:11 AM
'Team-Up' is not available online though correct? Only 1 v. 1?

# 129 Sellaz32 @ 11/30/11 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOldSchool
I purchased the Legends Showcase this morning. While I don't care for the cell-shading at all and so far the mode seems pretty weak it was worth my $10 just for the extra legends and the ability to trade and assign all legends.

I didn't play a lot of the Classic Showcase but here's what I can tell you. You can't turn the cell-shading off. Don't even bother. Even Ronnie stated the other day that it isn't possible because it's a different game entirely. It's really hard to shoot from the outside. I did win a few matches but you can't adjust sliders or difficulty. Chris Mullin bricked every 3 I launched. I'll go back and spend more time on this mode later when I'm bored but I wanted to jump right into why I really bought this, to edit my rosters.

I'm just as annoyed as anyone that I have to pay to get the extra legends and that I had to pay again just to be able to trade legends but what can you do? I had to have this option. I don't know why guys are having issues finding the new legends outside of Lengends Showcase. As soon as I quit and returned to the main menu all the new legends are there. Also, I read that PS3 users got screwed but I found the legends just fine. It's not as straight forward as it should be though. Whatever previous rosters you had will get corupted bad. Like all players will be doubled. Before you download Legends Showcase be sure to back up any rosters you don't want to lose and then create a dummy roster that will get screwed up. I had autosave turned off and it still corupted but I was able to retrieve my older roster saves and they were fine.

To get the new legends I had to trade them to a team, I traded 15 of them to the Utah Jazz just because. I then launched a season with the Jazz and exported the team. I loaded my older, uncorupted roster files. Next I loaded the exported team. My new legends were there. I was able to trade Yao Ming to the Rockets. I loaded a game to make sure everything worked and it seemed fine. That's as far as I got.

I have no idea what would happen if I upload the new legends to 2K Share but I will try to do this later on today. I'm not sure if the new legends would appear if you don't have the new mode. My PSN is RockitOldSchool if you want to look up my roster files later today.

I have been looking at some of the current and legend players and comparing their default ratings/tendencies with the DLC's, and there are subtle differences. Just letting you guys know that it looks like 2K took time to adjust these things for the DLC. For those of who had the "roster glitch," all those "duplicated" players are actually the original roster version and the DLC version. Just something to think about.

By the way, new Legends were uploaded to 2KShare last night. (see roster forum). In case you don't want to go through the trouble…

# 130 Sellaz32 @ 11/30/11 10:21 AM
RockitOldschool,

Just realized you were on PS3, my bad…Glad you got figured it out for the other system though.

# 131 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/30/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOldSchool
I purchased the Legends Showcase this morning. While I don't care for the cell-shading at all and so far the mode seems pretty weak it was worth my $10 just for the extra legends and the ability to trade and assign all legends.

I didn't play a lot of the Classic Showcase but here's what I can tell you. You can't turn the cell-shading off. Don't even bother. Even Ronnie stated the other day that it isn't possible because it's a different game entirely. It's really hard to shoot from the outside. I did win a few matches but you can't adjust sliders or difficulty. Chris Mullin bricked every 3 I launched. I'll go back and spend more time on this mode later when I'm bored but I wanted to jump right into why I really bought this, to edit my rosters.

I'm just as annoyed as anyone that I have to pay to get the extra legends and that I had to pay again just to be able to trade legends but what can you do? I had to have this option. I don't know why guys are having issues finding the new legends outside of Lengends Showcase. As soon as I quit and returned to the main menu all the new legends are there. Also, I read that PS3 users got screwed but I found the legends just fine. It's not as straight forward as it should be though. Whatever previous rosters you had will get corupted bad. Like all players will be doubled. Before you download Legends Showcase be sure to back up any rosters you don't want to lose and then create a dummy roster that will get screwed up. I had autosave turned off and it still corupted but I was able to retrieve my older roster saves and they were fine.

To get the new legends I had to trade them to a team, I traded 15 of them to the Utah Jazz just because. I then launched a season with the Jazz and exported the team. I loaded my older, uncorupted roster files. Next I loaded the exported team. My new legends were there. I was able to trade Yao Ming to the Rockets. I loaded a game to make sure everything worked and it seemed fine. That's as far as I got.

I have no idea what would happen if I upload the new legends to 2K Share but I will try to do this later on today. I'm not sure if the new legends would appear if you don't have the new mode. My PSN is RockitOldSchool if you want to look up my roster files later today.
cool new legends for ps3 users right?

# 132 fatleg3 @ 11/30/11 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydizzle
nah dude .. thats not how 21 works .. he should have won!
it depends on if you are playing on ones or twos. If was playing by twos and he had 20 and shot a jumper that would have gave him 22 which means he had to go back down

# 133 fatleg3 @ 11/30/11 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
as of right know no they seem to be a new id code for them or it only works with in the mod but i was able to get the time sq arena to work in normal game play. pic below

how did u do that

# 134 mlr1 @ 11/30/11 12:26 PM
no roster file corruption....but game freezes every time i try to play since i downloaded the DLC....SMFH

# 135 georgiafan @ 11/30/11 01:26 PM
can you play with classic teams in the assoctation like in a season? I dont have the game yet

# 136 MrBrunson @ 11/30/11 01:39 PM
I believe the answer to all our problems will be the reditor this program was OUTSTANDING!!! For 2K11. The creator named Vlad stated it might be ready around christmas time frame for 2K12. With this program you have access to all the cyberfaces in the game, Ages, Equipment, Hidden Jerseys, Stadium names, Coaches and staff, and much more. Im trying hard to stay patience for this to come out I made a all-time rosters already and posted it on 2kShare but now that I have the DLC with the reditor this game will be top notch.

# 137 airmatic23 @ 11/30/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrunson
I believe the answer to all our problems will be the reditor this program was OUTSTANDING!!! For 2K11. The creator named Vlad stated it might be ready around christmas time frame for 2K12. With this program you have access to all the cyberfaces in the game, Ages, Equipment, Hidden Jerseys, Stadium names, Coaches and staff, and much more. Im trying hard to stay patience for this to come out I made a all-time rosters already and posted it on 2kShare but now that I have the DLC with the reditor this game will be top notch.

Sup Brunson,

I am working on a Beast of A Classic Roster which is about 90% done. I am new to hex-editing and dont know where to start. Can you point me in the right direction in terms of a link that shows how to do this step by step? This would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

# 138 phil23uk @ 11/30/11 03:10 PM
Could someone with the DLC confirm if you get the 91-92 Warriors and 01-02 Kings with this? I pre-ordered the game but didn't get a redeem code!

Also, does it improve classic teams in offline mode at all? Meaning the pre-game intros that don't work with classic teams

Thanks

# 139 The 24th Letter @ 11/30/11 03:12 PM
Tried it out. For all the complaining about the cell shading, it really isnt that bad......

# 140 poloelite @ 11/30/11 03:16 PM
I played the entire 2v2 challenge, some of the 3v3 and H-O-R-S-E. I can honestly say I was very skeptical of the DLC at first, but it is pretty good. You still have to deal with crappy A.I., but the mode can be fun. Cell shading actually has grown on me some.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.