Home
News Post

Check out the first MLB 12 The Show screenshots, featuring the newly unveiled uniforms for the Orioles, Blue Jays, Padres, and Marlins available next season.

The players include Adam Jones (Orioles), Mark Reynolds (Orioles), José Bautista (Blue Jays), Chase Headley (Padres), Mat Latos (Padres), and Hanley Ramirez (Marlins).

MLB 12 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 12 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Blzer @ 12/02/11 12:30 PM
Looking at the first Bautista pic with a different monitor, I'm really appreciating some of the new lighting and jersey texture detail added this year, as well as some of the new faces we're already seeing. Here's to hoping some of the swing animations have been worked on as well, even if it's within the models themselves (changing the models maybe could help wrist concoction issues, for example).

# 22 Jays20593 @ 12/02/11 12:31 PM
I hope they update our players images to the new hat and uniform so we don't get stuck looking at the old crap on the scoreboards and such.

# 23 tnixen @ 12/02/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I really hope the Phillies new HD scoreboard at Citizens Bank Park is in the game this year. It didn't make it in last year. From the looks of the screenshot of Hanley Ramirez at CBP it's still the old scoreboard. Blah.
I think the new HD Jumbotron/Scoreboard should be in if you go by these screen shots. Notice in the MLB 12 The show screen shot the Tops Attax "ad" is missing from the Jumbotron just like it is from the new HD jumbotron in real life. But I do not see the statistics just the player photo which does have me a little worried.

# 24 WLU Golden Hawk @ 12/02/11 01:02 PM
Why is the rogers center still not right!!!! :_(

# 25 tnixen @ 12/02/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLU Golden Hawk
Why is the rogers center still not right!!!! :_(
Whats wrong with it?

Also I wonder if the roof will close?

# 26 Azamien @ 12/02/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Also I wonder if the roof will close?
Given that the players are in long sleeves in that screenshot, I'd say the safe bet is that roofs still don't close.

# 27 Russell_SCEA @ 12/02/11 01:46 PM
Quote:
I am not 100% sure but I think fielders now close their glove when making a catch.

In this screenshot it kind of looks like the fielders glove is almost closed. I don't remember seeing this in MLB 11 The Show.

Awesome someone caught one of the easter eggs in these shots. The gloves do close this year.

# 28 Russell_SCEA @ 12/02/11 01:47 PM
Quote:
I think the new HD Jumbotron/Scoreboard should be in if you go by these screen shots. Notice in the MLB 12 The show screen shot the Tops Attax "ad" is missing from the Jumbotron just like it is from the new HD jumbotron in real life. But I do not see the statistics just the player photo which does have me a little worried.

Yes their new HD Jumbotron is in

# 29 Scott @ 12/02/11 01:47 PM
Will the changes make to Rangers Ballpark be in?

# 30 Russell_SCEA @ 12/02/11 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOpinions
Heres one last thing which isnt really a big deal if it doesnt make it in but hopefully SCEA can make it happen before the final cut, These new HOF banners for Pat Gillick and Roberto Alomar...

PM me that screenshot and do you have more?

# 31 Perfect Zero @ 12/02/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose
Maybe you need to look like 2 inches above the photo of Andrus and WALA!! His stats on the year.
Look above that on the light tower and notice an ad for MLB 11, not 12.

# 32 Russell_SCEA @ 12/02/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Looks like some new cleats, see Marlins photo, and maybe new gloves, see Bautista photo.
Second Easter egg found

# 33 tnixen @ 12/02/11 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose
Maybe you need to look like 2 inches above the photo of Andrus and WALA!! His stats on the year.

This just looks like MLB '11 with some minor tweaks. Sorry if I don't get excited about veins in a players arm or the glove closing a little more than last year.

Grass textures still look bland, jerseys still look like they don't move very much.

The Bautista face looks better, Hanley's looks the same. I see they still have that canned double play underhand toss animation as well.

Once again, show me improved animations, player/ball physics and presentation. Then I'll get excited.
I was talking about the MLB 12 The Show screenshot that does not show the stats. It just shows Utley photo and that is the new HD Jumbotron.

# 34 Knight165 @ 12/02/11 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Second Easter egg found
Yeah...but there are more....where are they?!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 35 Perfect Zero @ 12/02/11 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Will the changes make to Rangers Ballpark be in?
Yeah, I'd really like to know this one too. The visitor's bullpen and "Batter's Eye Club" will make the background look a lot different.

# 36 Jays20593 @ 12/02/11 01:52 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...77721524_n.jpg

Why is the number on the front of the uniform when it isn't there in real life, tell me that's gonna be fixed.

# 37 tnixen @ 12/02/11 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Awesome someone caught one of the easter eggs in these shots. The gloves do close this year.
Wonderful news indeed!

I guess I have a good eye for the little things.

Thanks for confirming Russell

# 38 Knight165 @ 12/02/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays20593
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...77721524_n.jpg

Why is the number on the front of the uniform when it isn't there in real life, tell me that's gonna be fixed?
Here.....let me school you on the proper way...

Ramone;

IRL the new Blue Jays uni's don't have the number on the front. Do you think it's possible this could be fixed.

Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

# 39 Jays20593 @ 12/02/11 01:57 PM
I don't even know why it's there, I don't think the number on front was ever part of the concept.

# 40 Perfect Zero @ 12/02/11 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays20593
I don't even know why it's there, I don't think the number on front was ever part of the concept.
I think the reasons why are

a) It's a work in progress
b) The code for last year's road jerseys had the number on the front. It looks like they switched the wordmarks and numbers, but didn't alter the code in time for the screenshots.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.