Home
News Post

Check out the first MLB 12 The Show screenshots, featuring the newly unveiled uniforms for the Orioles, Blue Jays, Padres, and Marlins available next season.

The players include Adam Jones (Orioles), Mark Reynolds (Orioles), José Bautista (Blue Jays), Chase Headley (Padres), Mat Latos (Padres), and Hanley Ramirez (Marlins).

MLB 12 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 12 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Chef Matt @ 12/05/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Really?

So not only no tattoos but now no necklaces either.

Since when are necklaces a bad thing?

I just don't get who is running MLB sometimes.

# 142 adambaseball @ 12/05/11 03:46 PM
HA, i love that picture! i hate bud selig. he directly correlates baseball quality with revenue generated. and he's an OWNER. the position of commissioner was made with the specific criteria being totally independent, not a player or an owner. how in the hell did he get this job anyway? oh yeah, the owners voted him in.
Anyway, sorry for the rant. Now i may have missed this, but has there been any official word on if the retractable-roof stadiums will have an open/closed option? i've looked but didn't see an official answer.

# 143 Russell_SCEA @ 12/05/11 03:50 PM
Quote:
I think the player models look just fine. Only thing I would like to see added is the option for players to wear those Braided necklaces that so many of them wear nowadays.

Necklaces are no go this year and for the future, per MLB guidelines.

# 144 merchant1874 @ 12/05/11 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No necklaces is fine with me. It's funny what people ask for. One mans necklace is another mans retractable roof! Lol

Can you confirm there will at least be some stadium upgrades/additions?

# 145 tnixen @ 12/05/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Russell thanks for the info.

# 146 nomo17k @ 12/05/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
No necklaces is fine with me. It's funny what people ask for. One mans necklace is another mans retractable roof! Lol
Sometimes I have an urge to recommend Barbie Fashion Show (yes this was a great game!!! I loved it!!) when people care so much about fashion accessories... each to his own, indeed...

# 147 ty5oke @ 12/05/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Kind of surprised since I thought Phiten has a deal with the MLB.

# 148 nomo17k @ 12/05/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
There is a lot to be said for inviduality in a game that has so much of the same looks for almost everything.
Yeah nothing wrong with it... it's just that I've been quite surprised so many guys care so much about the "looks" department for this game.

(I'm a kind who doesn't shower and wear the same t-shirt/jeans/underwear combo everyday to save time just to play every single franchise game without simming..... so if I were an artist for the Show then all the players would look like guys from RBI Baseball....)

It's good different people are attentive to different parts.

# 149 Bobhead @ 12/05/11 06:53 PM
I'm in the same boat as you Nomo, I have 0% interest in what the bat says on it or what brand the cleats are. I'm sure SCEA could remove shoes completely and have all the players run barefoot, and I'd never notice.

That being said, I don't think there is anything wrong with caring, though. Create-A-Superstar was definitely the deciding factor for me when choosing between various WWE video games. Sometimes you just want your personal creation to look exactly like you envision, and it's frustrating to have your options excessively limited.

# 150 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/05/11 07:47 PM
Quote:
If Sony would just completely redo the presentation to more of a true to life TV Style presentation think ESPN,FOX Baseball, TBS that alone would make MLB The Show feel like a brand new game separate from all the past versions. One of the main reasons why people say it looks no different then last years game every year is because we have had the same basic presentation which has become old and stale and outdated! Its basically the same presentation they had on the PS2 versions. And with the power of the PS3 I expect way more from a presentation stand point. Just load up any Sony baseball game on PS2 and it will look and even sound exactly like it currently does on the PS3 versions. The presentation needs to have a 100% make over! I will be very disappointed if we once again have the same presentation that we have seen since PS2 days in MLB 12 The Show. However I really do have hope that this may finally be the year we get the presentation we have been waiting for!! In my opinion the current presentation in MLB 11 The Show has no glitz and glamour. I would not be complaining about these things if we still were just in the PS2 days of gaming. But we are talking about PS3 here and I thought by now 2012 we would have a presentation that mimics real life. There are other sports games on the market that have presentations that do mimic real life TV Broadcast with all the glitz and glamour that you would expect from PS3.

Now I relize there are only so many developers and time in a given year to add new features to every new MLB The Show version. But since so many gamers here seem to all want the samethings as I do I think Sony should really take most of their developing time to work on creating a brand new TV Style presentation. Even if it means other new features would have to be sacrificed in a given year.

Just my opinion of course

Sometimes I wonder how most of the Sony developers them selfs feel about the current presentation and if they feel it needs to be completely redone like the way I feel it does.
I guess its possible the Sony developers are totally happy with the way the current presentation is and thats why it has not really changed much over the years. That would be a shame if that was the case.

For the guys that get to talk to the Sony developers at the Community Day every year could you tell me what there opinion is of the current presentation and do they feel its also time for a makeover?
Couldn't agree more with everything you posted but I wouldn't get your hopes up because they apparently don't have approval from MLB to change it

Your just going to have to use your imagination

# 151 tnixen @ 12/05/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Couldn't agree more with everything you posted but I wouldn't get your hopes up because they apparently don't have approval from MLB to change it

Your just going to have to use your imagination

Where did you here that?

# 152 nemesis04 @ 12/05/11 11:30 PM
Quote:
Where did you here that?
That is not true!

# 153 BlackBetty15 @ 12/05/11 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Just to be clear. The basic graphical components of the fielders are the skeleton, the model attached to said skeleton, and the textures applied to the model.

As previously stated the skeleton was rebuild, the models were updated, and textures are constantly updated/improved.

Again, more specific descriptions of the perceived discrepacies/over-sights will provide a greater chance of actually seeing a change.
honestly, its more of an animation ordeal with these models..****nning animations in paticular. The legs move 100mph' and players have no weight, acceleration, agility or top end speed. Foot plants, change of directions, and acceleration to the ball on defense is lacking imo. Can this be fixed or am I alone on this one

# 154 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/06/11 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That is not true!
Well when I pitched my genius TSBN network idea to them that's the answer I was given so I guess there was some failure to communicate

I want to be wrong though because that tired and dull PS2 era broadcast format needs to go and it's time for some real broadcast network integration

# 155 Blzer @ 12/06/11 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Well when I pitched my genius TSBN network idea to them that's the answer I was given so I guess there was some failure to communicate

I want to be wrong though because that tired and dull PS2 era broadcast format needs to go and it's time for some real broadcast network integration
I think what he meant was that you cannot parody another sports programming network. That doesn't mean "You have to remain stale," or whatever conjecture it is you're coming up with based on their response.

# 156 Woodweaver @ 12/06/11 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
honestly, its more of an animation ordeal with these models..****nning animations in paticular. The legs move 100mph' and players have no weight, acceleration, agility or top end speed. Foot plants, change of directions, and acceleration to the ball on defense is lacking imo. Can this be fixed or am I alone on this one
Well, animations and models are two different things, but to address your issue...

Do you have some video examples? I ask because in fact the running animations do not have legs moving at 100 mph, acceleration is applied, there are top speeds, and the are very specific foot plant/change of direction animations. So, I'm a bit confused. Remember, our animations are created via Motion Capture which entails a real human athlete bound by real world physics actually doing all the motions you see as animations in the game. So, if you could provide a video example of a specific issue, we may be able to improve the look and feel of the locomotion animation sequences.

# 157 K_GUN @ 12/06/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Well, animations and models are two different things, but to address your issue...

Do you have some video examples? I ask because in fact the running animations do not have legs moving at 100 mph, acceleration is applied, there are top speeds, and the are very specific foot plant/change of direction animations. So, I'm a bit confused. Remember, our animations are created via Motion Capture which entails a real human athlete bound by real world physics actually doing all the motions you see as animations in the game. So, if you could provide a video example of a specific issue, we may be able to improve the look and feel of the locomotion animation sequences.

i don't have video proof for this one....

.....I notice 2-3/game that CPU outfielders will casually jog to a deep fly-balls and make an easy catch (FENWAY)...now...i watch about 75 games at Fenway in real life....and the OF's never make those casual jogs back to what is called the *triangle* at fenway---but they will in the video game.

have you seen this?...if u have any free time at home--fire up a game at fenway & look for some of these nonchalant strides the CPU outfielders will make.

maybe adding more *sense of urgancy* to some of the OF'ers is what I'm getting at

thanks for your time

# 158 tnixen @ 12/06/11 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
i don't have video proof for this one....

.....I notice 2-3/game that CPU outfielders will casually jog to a deep fly-balls and make an easy catch (FENWAY)...now...i watch about 75 games at Fenway in real life....and the OF's never make those casual jogs back to what is called the *triangle* at fenway---but they will in the video game.

have you seen this?...if u have any free time at home--fire up a game at fenway & look for some of these nonchalant strides the CPU outfielders will make.

maybe adding more *sense of urgancy* to some of the OF'ers is what I'm getting at

thanks for your time

I have to agree about the outfielders not showing a sense of urgancy.

I also see the nonchalant strides often. I even see it sometimes when a runner is tagging up at third base.

I am sure most of you have seen this happen with a runner on third base less then 2 outs and the batter hits a fly ball to the outfield and the fielder nonchalant strides to the ball even though the runner on third is about to tag up and come home. And because of this nonchalant strides the runner almost always is safe at home plate.

Its kills me every time I see that.

I found a video that kind of show what I am talking about.

Goto 12:20 in the video and with a runner on third base watch the batter hit a fly ball to the outfielder and you can see how the outfilders has no sense of urgancy. And as you can see the runner was easily safe at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsD7M8B50H8

At 2:40 in this video you can also see the outfielder do the nonchalant stride while a runner was going to tag up from third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN14O...feature=relmfu

Wish I had better videos to show you but this should give you a good idea of what I mean.

# 159 tnixen @ 12/06/11 11:36 AM
I also hate those outfielder catching animations where they almost run past the fly balls and then reach across there body to make the catch.

It looks very awkward.

I hope this animation will be removed.

# 160 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/06/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think what he meant was that you cannot parody another sports programming network.
That's quite possible and I hope that's the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That doesn't mean "You have to remain stale," or whatever conjecture it is you're coming up with based on their response.
I got a heavy impression that they don't see any problem with there current broadcast format and are going with the "If it ain't broken don't fix it" mindset.

If I'm wrong and they fixed it I will be ecstatic

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.