Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Eric Boenisch has stated the next NBA 2K12 patch will arrive before Christmas, with frequent roster updates coming, over the next 3 weeks. As everyone knows by now, rookies cannot be placed into the game, until they sign their contracts with their respective teams.

Quote:
Roster updates will come more frequently than they have in the past, Boenisch said, accounting for both the influx of rookie players and any changes in free agency or pre-season trades, which began on Wednesday. Instead of waiting until the final day before the regular season tip-off, Boenisch said the game will push roster updates as frequently as possible over the next three weeks. That kind of update comes totally through the 2K Sports server and isn't subject to the kind of review Microsoft or Sony has for a game patch or title update. A patch still is coming before Dec. 25, Boenisch said, but he held off on committing to a specific date.

Source - The Lockout’s End Brings Peace to NBA 2K’s Holiday Season (Kotaku)

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nemnem100 @ 12/05/11 03:00 AM
it's fantastic

# 42 cmebfresh @ 12/05/11 03:01 AM
I'm gonna be so entertained on Christmas. "Im Just So Rage"...... Right Now

# 43 OGKing @ 12/05/11 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
I'm gonna be so entertained on Christmas. "Im Just So Rage"...... Right Now
Me too, can't play the game.

CPU takes up all of the shotclock and wait until 1 second to shoot the ball, without even passing it around looking for an open shot. It's frustrating.

Online is up in shambles too, 85% of the time you're going to make your shots..when the defense plays good D...this wasn't the case in 2k11..it just doesn't feel "right"

Hopefully the patch fixes things..

I have a question though! This is a big patch, right? How many things do you guys expect them to fix since they're labeling it a "big" patch?

# 44 Whaaaazuuuuup @ 12/05/11 04:30 AM
I'm so/so with the patch coming out. Normal as it fixes one thing it breaks another so who knows, we'll see. I hope the charge/block issue is fixed, pointless playing good defense getting position and then it's still call on you...

# 45 Jaybird10000 @ 12/05/11 12:30 PM
When is this patch going to be available do you think, i need to do this and purchase the legends show case on the same date because I do not have the Internet at home and I have to go to my sisters house to do this. So if anyone knows can you let meknow

# 46 VDusen04 @ 12/05/11 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird10000
When is this patch going to be available do you think, i need to do this and purchase the legends show case on the same date because I do not have the Internet at home and I have to go to my sisters house to do this. So if anyone knows can you let meknow
As far as I know, no one has a solid date, just the rought "before Christmas" assertion.

# 47 BlakkMajik3000 @ 12/05/11 01:47 PM
After playing My Player at a variety of positions, I think I can identify my main frustration with the trade logic. It's not that the CPU makes dumb trades, it's the fact they CONSTANTLY feel the need to tinker with the roster. If we're winning, the CPU only be making adjustments to players minutes/status (starter, bench, etc.), unless a player demands a trade.

Also, is this patch going to also fix the colors for the J's once and for all? Jordan has been a selling point for this game twice, and they still haven't fixed the color blocking on the kicks that are almost as legendary as the man himself.

And while they are at it, please get some Penny's in this game! I can understand Barkley's not being in, since he isn't in the game, but we have been begging for some Penny kicks for years. PC players can mod them in, but console players are stuck. Get it together 2K! And no BS about how much it costs, either. This game sells millions of copies every year, you can surely afford to shell out some cash to show sneakerheads some love.

# 48 fatleg3 @ 12/05/11 02:01 PM
I just hope the patch makes the controls more responsive, address the sluggish online gameplay, and address the steal spamming online

# 49 peZt @ 12/05/11 04:03 PM
Is this going to be the "real" patch or just another minor update?
Im not touching this game again until the rookies are in the game and the major problems are fixed.

# 50 OGKing @ 12/05/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peZt
Is this going to be the "real" patch or just another minor update?
Im not touching this game again until the rookies are in the game and the major problems are fixed.
It's going to be the real patch...

# 51 bo_jax2000 @ 12/05/11 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRocky145xX
i jsut installed a patch on my xbox!!!

is this the final patch..ill try to play a game online a notice differences

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-28-est-4.html

read post #36

# 52 Dwadefan @ 12/05/11 09:11 PM
if you cant connect online bust still get shoe updates will the roster still update?

# 53 VDusen04 @ 12/05/11 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRocky145xX
w/e it wasit didnt fix anything, the game still trash
It wasn't supposed to. It was an MS security update.

# 54 Knickerbocker @ 12/05/11 11:17 PM
Ronnie2k 4 hours ago:

"Won't release patch notes until the patch is greenlit by first party. Haven't even submitted to them yet."

And there were people who KNEW the patch was submited ...

# 55 kia @ 12/06/11 05:01 AM
I heard that today a roster with the rookies will be released.? Is this information true.?

# 56 OGKing @ 12/06/11 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia
I heard that today a roster with the rookies will be released.? Is this information true.?
Hate to be rude but, for the last time..

If the rookies hasn't signed CONTRACTS, they're not going to update the game with rookies in them.

# 57 Pared @ 12/06/11 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Ronnie2k 4 hours ago:

"Won't release patch notes until the patch is greenlit by first party. Haven't even submitted to them yet."

And there were people who KNEW the patch was submited ...
Yup - have to make sure who you can trust when they post stuff here.

# 58 mdiggitydawg @ 12/06/11 02:37 PM
53 games into My Player....I used a roster with rookies (Kyrie Irving, Kemba etc.) The patch will fix only game play issues, correct since my rosters have been MAD TRADING?!

On the Knicks, Amare sent to Bulls for Boozer and Noah. Billups left cause I stole the starting PG for Baron Davis and Alan Gee.

I think there are only 5 guys from the original roster still on the team!

Has there been ANY hints as to what they were attempting to fix in terms of gameplay? I'm an offline kind of NBA guy so just interested as I am enjoying the game with exception to the shoddy passing and unrealistic last second money from the CPU.

Thanks

# 59 doublek @ 12/06/11 05:37 PM
Is it possible (coding wise or whatever it is) to put the newly added rules and regulations of the upcoming CBA to the game via patches or are we SOL till NBA 2k13?

# 60 bamalam @ 12/06/11 06:45 PM
might be sol until 2k14 on those cba rules and regs, haha

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.