Home
News Post

For those of you not reading the comments in the MLB 12 The Show screenshots thread. Russell has sprinkled in some early tidbits of information from the game. Check them out below.
  • 14 new umpires with all new personalities
  • Fielders will close their gloves on catches
  • New cleats

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ssryry29 @ 12/04/11 12:15 PM
Hopefully 3D grass like NCAA and Madden.

# 2 bwiggy33 @ 12/04/11 12:17 PM
Absolutely awesome! I am so happy they are adding more umpires. Especially since last year it seemed as if there wasn't as much consistency with each umpires strike zone, as compared to 11. Now adding in 14 more umpires and each of them having their own personality will put this part of the game over the top. This makes me extremely happy.

# 3 NYYankees42 @ 12/04/11 12:18 PM
I'm so happy they finally decided to add new cleats.

# 4 Ghoste @ 12/04/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Absolutely awesome! I am so happy they are adding more umpires. Especially since last year it seemed as if there wasn't as much consistency with each umpires strike zone, as compared to 11. Now adding in 14 more umpires and each of them having their own personality will put this part of the game over the top. This makes me extremely happy.
I agree. Hopefully each personality is really defined.

-ghoste

# 5 CabreraMVP @ 12/04/11 01:15 PM
Filll me in on personalities. Is that how they call the game and stuff like that? 14 different variations of strike zones/calls?

# 6 bp4baseball @ 12/04/11 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
Filll me in on personalities. Is that how they call the game and stuff like that? 14 different variations of strike zones/calls?
Yep, exactly. It would be really cool if each had a different temper level which would effect how fast they would throw people out of a game.

# 7 kenkraly2004 @ 12/04/11 01:36 PM
Very nice improvements. Looking forward to MLB 12 The Show in March for ps3.

# 8 Blzer @ 12/04/11 01:56 PM
Does anyone know how many different umpire rotations are in MLB 11: The Show?

We gotta get a Wiki page on these guys.

# 9 CoreyMac @ 12/04/11 01:58 PM
I agree this game is due for Madden-ish grass. The green carpet is getting a bit stale and boy would that enhance the look of the game. That's the one truly artificial looking thing remaining in The Show.

# 10 Eski33 @ 12/04/11 02:13 PM
I am hoping for classic teams, more classic uniforms and stadiums as well as a presentation upgrade.

Best sports game in my opinion.

# 11 nomo17k @ 12/04/11 02:29 PM
New umpire personalities are definitely a great addition. Not to be picky and play a Debbie Downer, but I think it also depends on the implementation. How much does each umpire's uniqueness stick out? That's to be seen... As I understand the personality differences have been there all this time, but they may have been not pronounced enough for us to notice as much.

Anyways, great to hear this news.

# 12 zkiesel @ 12/04/11 02:37 PM
This game keeps making me wish I had gone for a PS3 and not a 360...

# 13 jsou4646 @ 12/04/11 03:40 PM
I just want them to fix the frame rate issues in night games. The lag that is evident when the ball leaves the pitchers hand needs to be addressed. It is most obvious when using the view behind the pitcher. There is no lag what so ever in day games, and spring training games are great, but the night game issues made me sell the game last year.

# 14 bwiggy33 @ 12/04/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Does anyone know how many different umpire rotations are in MLB 11: The Show?

We gotta get a Wiki page on these guys.
I'm pretty sure it's 4 but I'm not 100% sure. The thing is in The Show 10 (not sure about any versions before) the strike zones were pretty well defined and you knew what you could do. For some reason in The Show 11 the umpires weren't calling games that well. One pitch would be called a strike and if that same pitch was thrown again it wouldn't be. It's just as managers in baseball say "I don't care what the strike zone is, just be consistent." I didn't feel it was that way in 11. Something changed about that area of the game. Hopefully for 12 they will get it on the right track again because I absolutely love how they have this feature. It really puts this game over the top IMO. It just adds so much realism when it's done well.

# 15 adamj2281 @ 12/04/11 03:57 PM
Yeah new grass with more realistic coloring as well.

# 16 HustlinOwl @ 12/04/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I'm pretty sure it's 4 but I'm not 100% sure. The thing is in The Show 10 (not sure about any versions before) the strike zones were pretty well defined and you knew what you could do. For some reason in The Show 11 the umpires weren't calling games that well. One pitch would be called a strike and if that same pitch was thrown again it wouldn't be. It's just as managers in baseball say "I don't care what the strike zone is, just be consistent." I didn't feel it was that way in 11. Something changed about that area of the game. Hopefully for 12 they will get it on the right track again because I absolutely love how they have this feature. It really puts this game over the top IMO. It just adds so much realism when it's done well.
lol really, sounds like baseball to me

# 17 MetsFan16 @ 12/04/11 04:10 PM
I wanna hear more about the improvements to both Road to the Show and Franchise. Mostly Trade Logic in both modes because last year the Trade Logic was terrible.

# 18 LastActionHero @ 12/04/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Yeah new grass with more realistic coloring as well.
I second this. The screenshots would suggest the grass didn't get any love but its too early to tell. They might be still working on it and implementing it later in the development cycle.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

# 19 snugglyirishman @ 12/04/11 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I wanna hear more about the improvements to both Road to the Show and Franchise. Mostly Trade Logic in both modes because last year the Trade Logic was terrible.
I'm also hoping they fix the Free Agency contracts...it sucks to finally get to your first Free Agency period in RTTS and you get no offers and you have to try out for a team even though you're ranked #1 in your position.

# 20 mlblover15 @ 12/04/11 04:46 PM
Not only does this mean for behind the plate but on the bases as well. At least this is my common sense thinking doing its thing. Also more umpires means we "should" have all area's covered in the post season.

This will make it better, think about it..

if in fact we get to see all... what total... 18 or so Umpires in a season and one of us is dedicated or obsessive enough to chart each ones zones or whatever it is that makes them different what if just IF... they made it possible that we would end up getting the best of the best for the post season....

maybe even a different mix of the whole package for each level of playoffs...

not that i have any idea what I'm talking about just speculating and rambling and wishing and hoping and all that... or whatever.. however it works out... it is better for us and the game...

can't wait to see if i get thrown out of a game or to see if a pitcher/catcher get in the face of the umpires for bad calls or what not...

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.