Home
News Post

For the curious, EA Sports' NBA Sim is still on track for 2012.

Quote:
As for any the rumors that the game was delayed an extra year, not due to development time, but because of the NBA lockout and the negative impact the work stoppage might have on sales ("NBA 2K12" sales have been crippled compared to last year), Wilson said the lockout had nothing to do with their plans.

"We had decided that we needed a longer amount of time to develop the NBA game and to make sure we were delivering a true AAA EA Sports title," Wilson explained. "We decided long ago that 2012 was the right time for us, long before the lockout, and I think once people see what we're developing, they'll agree that the extra time really paid off."

Source - EA's NBA sim still on track for 2012 (ESPN The Gamer)

Member Comments
# 1 Flightwhite24 @ 12/06/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Can't wait to see what EA is bringing to the table.

# 2 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/06/11 08:17 PM
Started playing Live 10 the other and I must admit that was a great game and starting point. We know what happened after that so nothing needs to be said, but if they improve on what L10 did 2012 should be good.

X that's me crossing my fingers.

# 3 TreyIM2 @ 12/07/11 06:15 AM
I think that it's odd that we've seen nor heard nada about this game to this point especially since they're taking an extra yr to dev it but all in all, I just want a game that plays better than 2K. If EA can somehow combine the controls of Elite 11 with pretty much everything else in Live 10, cleaning up canned animations and scripted moments, they may be on to something. Also, they make the graphics more realistic, too.

# 4 Sparkles @ 12/07/11 06:52 AM
better graphics than 2k = very happy

# 5 Gramps91 @ 12/07/11 06:54 AM
yea Live 10 was pretty good, but I still think that since 2k7 the 2k series has been the better series. I loved Live 06, but after that I went mainly 2k and don't regret it. I really hope this is good though. Most years I would always buy the game I thought I would like more first and then bought the other at the all-star break.
Was with Live from 2000-06
2006-2k7
2007- LIve 08 and then 2k8
2008- Live 09(which I regret) then 2k9
2009- 2k10 then Live 10
and well you know the story since then

# 6 tical2399 @ 12/07/11 09:48 AM
EA Please do this to Madden and NCAA. I would happily skip a year if the games played even 75% like real life football games do.

# 7 Jakeness23 @ 12/07/11 11:24 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what EA does. If I remember correctly, after EA changed development teams or relocated or whatever with FIFA and NHL, they're games became a whole lot better. I even remember hearing (I don't play these) that EA wasn't as good as 2K with the NHL games and now after relocating, they are better. I don't know if that'll happen immediately with the NBA games but I'm really curious to see what they come up with. Also, maybe seeing the NBA team work so hard to make a great game will motivate the NFL and NCAA guys to put out great football games.

PS. And while you're at it EA... bring a college basketball game back too!

# 8 bigsmallwood @ 12/07/11 11:33 AM
This will be great if they deliver a strong product! NBA Live used to be a great series and competition is good

# 9 kennyacid @ 12/07/11 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
EA Please do this to Madden and NCAA. I would happily skip a year if the games played even 75% like real life football games do.
Thats not possible because of the exclusive deals.

# 10 kennyacid @ 12/07/11 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
better graphics than 2k = very happy
who cares about graphics if the gameplay sucks

# 11 m1ke_nyc @ 12/07/11 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
They make to much money off of Madden to do that.

Back on topic hoping EA comes back with a bang. Theres nothing better than sitting in line with both basketball games in your hands and trying to decide which to get before you get to the register then end up buying both.

# 12 TUSS11 @ 12/07/11 03:03 PM
I can't wait for the demo.

# 13 Ermolli @ 12/07/11 03:31 PM
I really hope EA delivers a great sim NBA game so people can decide between two competitive games.

# 14 Ryn Vintage1986 @ 12/07/11 05:24 PM
Let's be honest — with Tiburon at the controls, this game has essentially no hope. Besides, 2K is far and away the best 'big four' sports game (I'm excluding The Show to include the XBOX-only crowd).
I always love having another game on the market for competetion's sake, but it's been so long since Tiburon has wowed me — little to no attention to detail, no follow through and I'm pretty sure none of them have really been on the surface of a sports venue (court, field etc.) — that I'm not holding my breath on a good release.

# 15 TUSS11 @ 12/07/11 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn Vintage1986
Let's be honest — with Tiburon at the controls, this game has essentially no hope. Besides, 2K is far and away the best 'big four' sports game (I'm excluding The Show to include the XBOX-only crowd).
I always love having another game on the market for competetion's sake, but it's been so long since Tiburon has wowed me — little to no attention to detail, no follow through and I'm pretty sure none of them have really been on the surface of a sports venue (court, field etc.) — that I'm not holding my breath on a good release.
Inside information?

# 16 L1VINGL3GACY @ 12/07/11 07:32 PM
I don't believe a word EA (or at least Tiburon) says anymore.....all bark and no bite

# 17 PackerBacker123 @ 12/07/11 08:39 PM
screw the NBA I want college hoops 2k13!!!!!!!!

# 18 truintellectplaya @ 12/08/11 01:01 AM
I stopped playing Football video games because of EA and it's horrible efforts. It is funny that competition and competition alone made them take a step back to try and take a step forward in basketball. It also shows IMO they don't care if it is a true AAA effort that they put out with football as long as the get the AAA dollars that exclusives allow them. I will check out this game and I think it has a market and niche regardless. Some people are more in love with online play no matter how the game actually plays. I am happy to see everyone get there wish. You can simply buy both games or by the one that fits more of your needs, but IMO there is no competition, just chooses. Good to have chooses.

# 19 Da_Czar @ 12/08/11 11:40 AM
I am hoping for a great looking descent playing game with all shoes and accessories and some kind of new tech that advances the genre' that plus great online experience and they should have a good first year for a game with their poor reputation this generation.

# 20 dxdude2004 @ 12/09/11 03:31 PM
Let me just say NBA Live 10 was a GREAT game. I mean, why on Earth did 2K not have FIBA teams?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.