Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports Welcomes Back Basketball

Celebrates return of NBA basketball with Christmas Day game simulations and discounts on NBA 2K12

New York, NY – December 8, 2011 – 2K Sports announced today plans to release NBA Christmas Day game simulations and promotional holiday discounts for NBA® 2K12, the latest iteration of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. NBA 2K12 will provide full-game simulations of the Christmas Day match-ups between the Knicks-Celtics, Mavericks-Heat, Lakers-Bulls, Thunder-Magic and Warriors-Clippers, offering fans a first look at how the action could unfold on December 25, 2011. In addition to the game simulations, 2K Sports is celebrating the holiday season by partnering with Amazon.com to offer deep discounts on NBA 2K12 from December 8-11, 2011.

“It sure feels like Christmas has arrived early here at 2K Sports,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re obviously thrilled that NBA basketball is set to return, so we are offering several ways for fans to join us in our excitement.”

Using NBA 2K12’s innovative NBA Today feature, stats, rosters, schedules and ratings will all be updated for the start of the NBA season, reflecting real-time events from actual NBA games. Players can expect everything in NBA 2K12 to mirror what’s happening in the league, from rookie signings and free agency movement, right down to the players’ newest shoes.

NBA 2K12 Product Discounts
Starting today and lasting through December 11, Amazon.com will offer NBA 2K12 for $39.99 on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, a $20 dollar discount from the suggested retail price of $59.99. Additionally, for a limited time, 2K Sports will sell NBA 2K12 for the iPhone and iPad for the discounted prices of $2.99 and $4.99, respectively. These discounts come at the perfect time for fans of the series, or for that gamer on anyone’s holiday shopping list.

Christmas Day Game Simulations
During the week of December 19, 2K Sports will use full-length video from NBA 2K12 to simulate the results of all five NBA games played on Christmas Day. These video clips will provide a realistic and compelling visual prediction of the day’s main events. To view, fans should go to Facebook.com/NBA2K.

Unique Add-On Content
Legends Showcase*, the downloadable add-on content for NBA® 2K12, is now available to be downloaded via PlayStation®Network or Xbox LIVE® for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Legends Showcase creates a truly unique basketball experience for all fans, featuring a new, cell-shaded art style set in New York City’s iconic Times Square.

About NBA 2K12
Fans can now take control of 15 hoops icons, including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Julius Erving in NBA 2K12’s all new NBA’s Greatest mode. Each of these 15 basketball legends were meticulously recreated with an uncanny level of detail, including period-specific depictions of their arenas, team uniforms, signature moves, and even historically accurate broadcast presentation styles. NBA 2K12 also features a revamped shooting mechanic with Total Shot Stick Control and an all-new post-play system, which allow fans to experience an unprecedented basketball simulation.

NBA 2K12 is now available at leading video game retailers nationwide for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Wii™ system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and Games for Windows®.

*Add-on content. Requires NBA 2K12 to play.

NBA 2K12 is rated E for Everyone by theESRB. For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com. For more information on NBA 2K12, visit www.facebook.com/NBA2K.

2K Sports is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NBASLAM2001 @ 12/09/11 05:24 PM
Best move by 2K in years.

# 22 striker3771 @ 12/09/11 07:44 PM
The price for NBA 2k12 has been around $39.99 since black Friday.

# 23 rangerrick012 @ 12/10/11 01:42 AM
As someone who bought the game day 1, I'm definitely disappointed to see the price drop this widespread so soon. Agree with whoever said it'd be nice if somehow those of us who bought the game and supported from day 1 got something, like a discount off the DLC or voucher towards the purchase of future 2K games. Maybe a pipe dream, I know, but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

# 24 basehead617 @ 12/10/11 01:46 AM
Jesus calm down - It's just a promo price til the end of this weekend.. it's not a real price drop, which btw they do several months after the game comes out every year.

# 25 Pared @ 12/10/11 09:13 AM
I'm surprised some of you even have a car with that mentality.

# 26 rangerrick012 @ 12/10/11 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm surprised some of you even have a car with that mentality.
Yeah, how dare we even suggest that 2K reward those who supported the product despite the lockout. I guess what I meant to say is, thank you 2K for not coming and charging me extra now that the lockout is over.

# 27 Pared @ 12/10/11 12:32 PM
I agree. I wish Audi would've given me some free stuff despite the down economy.

Fact - you knew the lockout was going on and you still bought the game.

Now you want something free? Please. You could have done what all those who had no interest in the NBA did until the lockout was over - wait.

Instead you wanted the game ASAP because you're a video game/bball addict. That's the reality of the situation whether you want to admit it or not. While it would be nice for 2k to "give something" to all those early buyers, the act as if you're owed something is absolutely ridiculous.

# 28 almostbobsaget @ 12/10/11 12:32 PM
I don't understand why the "day-one'ers" are so upset about this.

A large majority of games do the exact same thing.

Working in retail, I am made aware of how often video games drop in price, go on sale, or take a temporary price cut, sometimes within the first month of release.

Those hardcore fans will always buy it on day one, but for those that watch prices you can always get a better deal if you wait.

# 29 rangerrick012 @ 12/10/11 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I agree. I wish Audi would've given me some free stuff despite the down economy.

Fact - you knew the lockout was going on and you still bought the game.

Now you want something free? Please. You could have done what all those who had no interest in the NBA did until the lockout was over - wait.

Instead you wanted the game ASAP because you're a video game/bball addict. That's the reality of the situation whether you want to admit it or not. While it would be nice for 2k to "give something" to all those early buyers, the act as if you're owed something is absolutely ridiculous.
Read my post man. I didn't say I wanted something 'for free', I said a discount off the DLC (which would still mean giving 2K more money) or a future 2K Sports/2K Games purchase (again, which would still mean giving 2K more money down the line) would be a nice bonus for those who did buy the game before the lockout ended. Im not trying to sound entitled in my post, and even admit that I don't expect it. But to even scoff at those who insist something like this would be nice is just as ridiculous IMO.

I don't want anything for free. But if I do decide to give more money to 2K down the line, then it'd be nice to get some sort of incentive since we were loyal and bought the game despite the lockout when apparently so many others didn't. I guess that's too much to ask. Agree to disagree on this one.

# 30 Simp @ 12/10/11 01:10 PM
Bought day 1... Paid $60...

Which means I made a decision that this game is worth $60 to me. That is how the market works. So what's to be upset about?

# 31 ridemooses @ 12/10/11 06:46 PM
Found this on Amazon on Friday and got it right away. Very happy.

# 32 Jaybird10000 @ 12/10/11 07:56 PM
Well I got mine on the day it came out for 60 plus tax, I guess the extra 20 was for the bonus kings and warriors teams, but hell it was worth it. They should at more codes so my bitch *** nephew will play his and leave mine alone. Great game though worth the money even for the dlc!!!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.