Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The first official NBA 2K12 roster update is available now for PS3 and 360. Check the video to see all the changes.

Here are just a few notes.
  • Not many rookies at all on the update. (4 rookies added, it seems)
  • Billups, Hamilton, Vince Carter are Free Agents.
  • Odom still on the Lakers. (Kapono is not)
  • Arenas still on the Magic.
  • Chandler and Bibby are with the Knicks.
  • T-Mac is with the Hawks.
  • Turiaf is with the Wizards.
  • Battier is with the Heat.
  • Roy off the Blazers.
* Updated list, via 2K Sports Facebook page.
  • Ron Artest - name change to Metta World Peace
  • Caron Butler - FA signing LA Clippers
  • Tyson Chandler - traded from DAL to NY Knicks
  • Andy Rautins - traded from NY to Dallas
  • Ronny Turiaf - traded from NY to Washington
  • Brandon Roy - retired
  • Glen Davis - traded from BOS to Orlando
  • Brandon Bass - traded from ORL to Boston
  • Shane Battier - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Eddy Curry - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Shannon Brown - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Vince Carter - Amnesty Clause
  • Sebastian Telfair - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Richard Hamilton - Amnesty Clause
  • Tracy McGrady - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Chauncey Billups - Amnesty Clause
  • Roger Mason - FA signing Washington Wizards
  • Derrick Brown - FA signing Charlotte Bobcats
  • T.J. Ford - FA signing San Antonio Spurs
  • Chuck Hayes - FA signing Sacramento Kings
  • Jamaal Magloire - FA signing Toronto Raptors
  • Vladimir Radmanovic - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Brandan Wright - FA signing Dallas Mavericks
  • Kyrie Irving - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Tristan Thompson - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Kenneth Faried - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Jordan Hamilton - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Keyon Dooling - traded from MIL to Boston Celtics
  • Mike Dunleavy - FA signing Milwaukee Bucks
  • Mike Bibby - FA signing New York Knicks
  • Aaron Gray - FA signing Toronto Raptors
And before you complain about why hasn't X player been added/moved yet:

Quote:
SimBaller: Just to reiterate what Will said above, just because you can post a link saying that Player A signed or Players B and C were traded for each other, that doesn't mean we have league approval (yet) to process the move.

All contracts and trades need to get ratified by the league before the transaction can take place in our game. It's very, very rare that the league intervenes on a signing/trade, but we saw that last week with the CP3 trade. It can happen.

We chose to do frequent small updates to give you the goods as they come in rather than waiting until the season starts. This means another roster update is always right around the corner with the latest transactions.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mlp111 @ 12/12/11 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
By Christmas he will be back on the 2K bandwagon
Crazy how an update can have people up in arms. I hate to see what will happen in the world if Mitt Romney wins the election
lol... i dont even know who Mitt Romney is but anyways, will never be a 2k bandwagon rider, their product isn't consistent enough

# 102 mlp111 @ 12/12/11 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
lol

# 103 RocketTMac1 @ 12/12/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
I think for most people, it's not the update that has them upset, but rather the execution of how it was introduced, or lack thereof, and the pre-hype it was given.

Regardless, I wasn't starting my MyPlayer and Association until Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
From the looks of it I can strongly say that it just looks like they gave us the roster update from early Friday evening. No big deal, people need to realize not to take people at their word all of the time. They should have a good roster up after the first preseason game this weekend.

# 104 NotoriousReignz @ 12/12/11 12:29 PM
I'm just happy to have Chandler so I can stop starting Jeffries

# 105 DemiGodzillla @ 12/12/11 12:37 PM
Were there any art animations that were changed with the update? Hairstyles, tattoos, jersey's etc.

# 106 Colts18 @ 12/12/11 12:37 PM
2KRonnie just needs to stop hyping stuff up. That dude is wild with the amount of pre-pre-pre-game hype he puts out there. Only man I know that tells us when he is going to tell us when he is going to make an annoucement. And then that annoucement gets pushed back.

# 107 shindiana @ 12/12/11 12:37 PM
Has someone made a test to see if the few real rookies included in this update were now a part of the rookie showcase from myplayer mode?

# 108 ffaacc03 @ 12/12/11 12:43 PM
On their defense, it took me more than an hour to have the roster account for all the ongoing movement (so its not an easy minutes thing to do) ... then again, unlike 2k, I do make rotation, situationals and player role edits as well.

Ultimatelly, is also fair to see this as the initial roster update of many more to come.

# 109 shindiana @ 12/12/11 12:45 PM
From Ronnie 2K

The first roster update went live overnight. Remember that we were having the sync issues so the last two days of rookies didn't make it in
They will before too long, but 4 rookies are in and the signings/trades are reflected as of yesterday.

# 110 DemiGodzillla @ 12/12/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
On their defense, it took me more than an hour to have the roster account for all the ongoing movement (so its not an easy minutes thing to do) ... then again, unlike 2k, I do make rotation, situationals and player role edits as well.

Ultimatelly, is also fair to see this as the initial roster update of many more to come.
It would surprise me if 2k sits in front of a TV making trades and not with some kind of computer program.

# 111 bullsfan4life92 @ 12/12/11 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
I'm surprised rookies don't have their real photo but cyberface instead. I guess it's fine.
they cant have real pictures because they didnt take player pictures in time for the initial production of 2k12 because of the lockout.

# 112 aboraby @ 12/12/11 12:51 PM
The rosters aren't showing up for me and I'm on the East coast. I'm on xbox live and I can see all other online types of rosters.

# 113 OGKing @ 12/12/11 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboraby
The rosters aren't showing up for me and I'm on the East coast. I'm on xbox live and I can see all other online types of rosters.
You don't go there for the roster update, it updates by itself

# 114 Jamake1005 @ 12/12/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOldSchool
Why is everyone getting so upset? This is the first roster update. If this were Christmas Day I could understand. Some of you are overreacting. It's going to take a little while to get the rosters right, besides, the rosters are going to change drastically on a daily basis between now and Christmas .

What we are seeing in the NBA is unprecedented. I don't think realistically 2K Sports can keep up with all the player movement. I'm not defending them, but we have to be patient. It's actually our lack of patience that caused these guys to release a roster update this early in the first place. I want the new rosters just as bad as anyone. I'm a roster freak. But between now and Christmas NBA rosters are going to change so much that today's roster update won't even matter anyways. And seriously, people are upset that trades weren't reflected in the update? For crying out loud, move Odom yourself lol.

I guess I'm just happy to get any kind of update. The lockout wasn't 2K's fault. I'm trying to be patient because I know if we keep expecting accurate rosters every day we are going to force them to release updates that aren't ready and will probably be glitched or half-done. I'm sure rookies will be added and trades will be reflected in the next few updates. It's going to take a little while.
Seriously my point exactly. I just mean WOW some ppl. They act like this is the only Roster update they are getting. As long as Rosters are updated by opening day ppl need to relax and calm down. Agree with you 100%. 2k can't catch a break from some of these cry babies.

# 115 rangerrick012 @ 12/12/11 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
There are many misconceptions about the insider. Unfortunately I can't say anything about it but all that you hear is not entirely true. Hence the rage on the boards every-time he messes something up. LOL

The rage in this thread is mainly 2k's doing. Your just seeing bubbled over frustration from the lack of crew and the poor online performance early as well as the lack of other online features.

These users are trying desperately to still get into the game but 2k manages to thwart them at ever turn. Including a roster update that was overhyped and completely under-delivered.

So guys who would normally be patient are already on edge with the company. As such even something that appears small to others has the straw that broke the camels back potential for some of the faithful 2k gamers.

There could have been a litany of reasons why the update is so limited most of which could have nothing to do with how difficult or simple it is to update the roster.

The roster is connected to every single other part of the game. As such it has massive potential to cause a clusterbomb if not done correctly. Especially adding assets that were not in game when it shipped.

However since some roster editors are able to hack the game and get things done without the game crashing it is easier for some to belittle the efforts of the guys at 2k.

So again 2k has brought this on themselves. But in the proper context it is not that bad. But in a general context including all the tweets and subsequent fail... It's becoming typical "2K" behavior. Which is not winning them any fans.
Well said as always Czar. At the very least people have to see how bad PR this is. To promise your customers something and then underdeliver is never good. If 2K knew that certain issues would come up, they should have set a broader time frame instead of having Ronnie come out and say that basically everything would be up to date by the end of the weekend as far as rookies being added.

People have no problem waiting, we've already waited nearly 2 months. But to promise and underdeliver is why so many are upset with 2K right now. It's not just the hardcore/sim community at OS either, but the 'regular' gamers are upset as well - just check 2Ks Facebook page.

# 116 WTF @ 12/12/11 01:20 PM
Let me forewarn everyone posting in this thread from this point forward. We don't need you to tell OS how much you hate 2k, or how bad 2k sucks... there are a LOT of issues that could go into not releasing a FULL BLOWN roster update.

Things to remember are:

Although all, or most rookies are "signed to contracts" by now, some of them haven't made it through the league office.

Trades, that have been announced, but the league paperwork, physicals, things of that nature all hinder 2k's ability to place them on the teams. They have to be complete, and through the league office.

Now, I know that they partially did this to themselves, but you will be getting more updates fairly quickly. This is more than what you had yesterday, be grateful, await the next roster release, and move on.

If you post in this thread and say "2k sucks" or profane laced rants, you will be instantly banned. Long time member, new member, donator, non donator, you'll be banned. If you have some constructive criticism, then that's fine, not a problem.

Consider this your official "warning".

# 117 bedwardsroy19 @ 12/12/11 01:21 PM
I create rosters, so I completely understand the amount of effort it takes to make these udates.

Im not one to complain because of that, but I am extremely disappointed with the roster update we were given. Anybody in the world can press the trade/assign button to fix where they players have signed or were traded to (even if it does take a couple hours), but to give us only 4 rookies is a little bit upsetting to me and I feel slightly deceived.

According to 2K Sports we were going to be given the rookies as they signed their contracts. Even if 2K onlygave us the rookies that signed Friday (according to hooshype) we should have gotten 27 rookies in this update. Instead we got 4.

I realize maybe hoopshype's transaction page may not have been totally accurate to when exactly the rookies signed, but to diffuse the anger of many fans now, 2K probably would have been better off letting us know as soon as possible that they were having difficulties and rookies to the roster.

With that being said, I am extremely pleased with the four rookies that are in the game, and I look forward to the rest of the rookies!

# 118 WTF @ 12/12/11 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Well said as always Czar. At the very least people have to see how bad PR this is. To promise your customers something and then underdeliver is never good. If 2K knew that certain issues would come up, they should have set a broader time frame instead of having Ronnie come out and say that basically everything would be up to date by the end of the weekend as far as rookies being added.

People have no problem waiting, we've already waited nearly 2 months. But to promise and underdeliver is why so many are upset with 2K right now. It's not just the hardcore/sim community at OS either, but the 'regular' gamers are upset as well - just check 2Ks Facebook page.
Agree with everything Czar posted. Bad PR, no doubt about it.

BUT... in your comments you say "we've already waited nearly 2 months..."

While that may be true, there was NO way 2k could have given us ANYTHING during that time. So that becomes a moot point.

Not defending them at all, this is some terrible PR, and it will have a negative effect on people's perception of 2ksports. Some, and I repeat SOME of this is their fault. Overpromise, under deliver.

# 119 Steven123 @ 12/12/11 01:27 PM
You're better off downloading user rosters with rookie cyberface and correct bodies ( they even had Josh Harrelsons cyber face). I got one that I was very please with the most recent transactions. I downloaded a Eddy Curry player DNA and added him to the Heat since he's no where to be found in game.

# 120 NealN42 @ 12/12/11 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Agree with everything Czar posted. Bad PR, no doubt about it.

BUT... in your comments you say "we've already waited nearly 2 months..."

While that may be true, there was NO way 2k could have given us ANYTHING during that time. So that becomes a moot point.

Not defending them at all, this is some terrible PR, and it will have a negative effect on people's perception of 2ksports. Some, and I repeat SOME of this is their fault. Overpromise, under deliver.
The issue isn't that 2k didn't, and couldn't (for legal reasons), give us anything the past 2 months...it's the fact that 2k has had that entire time of 2 months to get a roster ready for release, and should only have to move a few players around the last few days before releasing it. It's abundantly clear however, that 2k did not do that, and only began working on this sometime in the past 24-48 hours.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.