Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The first official NBA 2K12 roster update is available now for PS3 and 360. Check the video to see all the changes.

Here are just a few notes.
  • Not many rookies at all on the update. (4 rookies added, it seems)
  • Billups, Hamilton, Vince Carter are Free Agents.
  • Odom still on the Lakers. (Kapono is not)
  • Arenas still on the Magic.
  • Chandler and Bibby are with the Knicks.
  • T-Mac is with the Hawks.
  • Turiaf is with the Wizards.
  • Battier is with the Heat.
  • Roy off the Blazers.
* Updated list, via 2K Sports Facebook page.
  • Ron Artest - name change to Metta World Peace
  • Caron Butler - FA signing LA Clippers
  • Tyson Chandler - traded from DAL to NY Knicks
  • Andy Rautins - traded from NY to Dallas
  • Ronny Turiaf - traded from NY to Washington
  • Brandon Roy - retired
  • Glen Davis - traded from BOS to Orlando
  • Brandon Bass - traded from ORL to Boston
  • Shane Battier - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Eddy Curry - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Shannon Brown - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Vince Carter - Amnesty Clause
  • Sebastian Telfair - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Richard Hamilton - Amnesty Clause
  • Tracy McGrady - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Chauncey Billups - Amnesty Clause
  • Roger Mason - FA signing Washington Wizards
  • Derrick Brown - FA signing Charlotte Bobcats
  • T.J. Ford - FA signing San Antonio Spurs
  • Chuck Hayes - FA signing Sacramento Kings
  • Jamaal Magloire - FA signing Toronto Raptors
  • Vladimir Radmanovic - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Brandan Wright - FA signing Dallas Mavericks
  • Kyrie Irving - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Tristan Thompson - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Kenneth Faried - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Jordan Hamilton - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Keyon Dooling - traded from MIL to Boston Celtics
  • Mike Dunleavy - FA signing Milwaukee Bucks
  • Mike Bibby - FA signing New York Knicks
  • Aaron Gray - FA signing Toronto Raptors
And before you complain about why hasn't X player been added/moved yet:

Quote:
SimBaller: Just to reiterate what Will said above, just because you can post a link saying that Player A signed or Players B and C were traded for each other, that doesn't mean we have league approval (yet) to process the move.

All contracts and trades need to get ratified by the league before the transaction can take place in our game. It's very, very rare that the league intervenes on a signing/trade, but we saw that last week with the CP3 trade. It can happen.

We chose to do frequent small updates to give you the goods as they come in rather than waiting until the season starts. This means another roster update is always right around the corner with the latest transactions.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 OGKing @ 12/12/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
So are jr smith and the others not gonna be in the game at all/like ever? or will they come back when nba starts?
no........

# 142 tril @ 12/12/11 02:01 PM
whats up people!!!! relax. 2k will get the rosters done correctly.
There are alot of boobirds on thsi site.

# 143 sharebear420 @ 12/12/11 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
no........
no they will never be in a nba game again or no they will be eventually

# 144 davis420 @ 12/12/11 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Jesus Christ, give them time to put it in the game.

I swear some of you think this is the final product that 2k is putting out.
This stuff was already SUPPOSED to be in the commentary. Just like this morning when all you cared about was if the patch was released! WOW, give them time. Ronnie2K Ronnie 2K 2K12
@
@ShAwNChRiStAfUr Yes the announcers will say "World Peace" in #NBA2K12 along with rookie names

# 145 OGKing @ 12/12/11 02:05 PM
@2klova The patch can't be far off in US since it released internationally today. I'd almost guarantee less than 10 days

# 146 peZt @ 12/12/11 02:06 PM
Omer Asik still only 55 OVR with a Post Defense rating of C. Thats ridicilous.
Noah has a Post D rating of A and Asik may very well be a better defender than Noah.

# 147 WTF @ 12/12/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Gotta disagree with you on this Will. There is no excuse for not having the rookies ready to go. Its safe to assume that 90% of those rookies were going to sign on day 1.
Understandable on that front. That said, the rookies are on the disc, ready to go. They just can't have them on the roster update til it goes through the leagues office, like Sim stated earlier.

Granted, if they didn't already have them on the disc (black arms until they get assigned their png on the roster), then I'd say, yeah, that's something that they could do. But they did the work on that before the disc shipped, and just had to "activate" them. But they can't "activate" them until the league does their thing and gives them the green light, per the memo.

# 148 sandman0823 @ 12/12/11 02:14 PM
Man u guys r tough. Listen there r rules financially that the 2k company has to follow to avoid law suits from the nba or nbapa so the cautious approach is to wait for nba approval to add jersey's, players, etc. To go one further the bigger issue in my opinion is the fact that nba was locked out and this has caused issues every where, even in the video game world. I am greatful that they r even updating the rosters. I remember when nba live 95 came out and the game didn't have the majority of the rookies and that was the year grant hill and jason kidd came in to the league but we were stuck playing with number 99 B.J. Tyler on the sixers but they did have eddie jones.

My advice to 2k would be to stop trying to increase the sales by making these preconceived announcements until the product is ready. Be more detailed in your announcements. Don't tell us there is a roster update that is coming that will include kyrie and other rookies that signed because some of us understands what that means but others u have to be more detailed.... Communication is key to keeping the peace between 2k and the loyal 2k community....

# 149 OGKing @ 12/12/11 02:16 PM
@ChRiSmOoVe2 The announcers will call him "World Peace" and rookies by their names.

# 150 danyl2002 @ 12/12/11 02:17 PM
what we can do is WAIT...this is not the last roster update...2 days we can have another roster update....

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

# 151 sharebear420 @ 12/12/11 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
They willl be if the get injured or when their contract in China or who-knows-where runs out.
weak! LOL is there anyway I can keep them in the game an still update?

# 152 TalenT @ 12/12/11 02:18 PM
Looks like I'll be playing MyPlayer & NBA's Greatest for a little while longer. Lol

# 153 sharebear420 @ 12/12/11 02:21 PM
I was soooo looking forward to finally starting a fantasy draft but I wanted kyrie and kemba lol

# 154 franko3219 @ 12/12/11 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
I was soooo looking forward to finally starting a fantasy draft but I wanted kyrie and kemba lol

Now, there could be something that I am not taking into consideration, but why do you not just download user rosters?

# 155 MrBigShot1 @ 12/12/11 02:39 PM
Well, this update was pretty much garbage. Shame on you 2k. I DO NOT expect them to add rookies who haven't signed deals yet, but for the love of god, where the hell are the rest of the rookies who signed deals? GARBAGE. It wasn't EVEN out by the end of the weekend.

I've got plenty of other things to do in the meantime, I'm not mad about that, I'm pissed that 2k promises one thing and then does another. They should have had all transactions/rookies who have signed up to this point.

BTW, I/Any user here could do -most- of what they have to do in 15 mins MAXIMUM. If they already have the rookies supposedly on the disc, then it's just a matter of adding them to the respective teams, and trading/assigning players is very quick. So don't try to respond to me with that "Do you expect them to do at all at once!?!?!?" stuff.

# 156 sharebear420 @ 12/12/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Now, there could be something that I am not taking into consideration, but why do you not just download user rosters?

I don't want the user made ones lol I want real ones with the real animations

# 157 NotoriousReignz @ 12/12/11 02:43 PM
If this kind of stuff is still happening on 12/25, then fine, but some of you guys are complaining to a whole new level.

# 158 Pared @ 12/12/11 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
Well, this update was pretty much garbage. Shame on you 2k. I DO NOT expect them to add rookies who haven't signed deals yet, but for the love of god, where the hell are the rest of the rookies who signed deals? GARBAGE. It wasn't EVEN out by the end of the weekend.

I've got plenty of other things to do in the meantime, I'm not mad about that, I'm pissed that 2k promises one thing and then does another. They should have had all transactions/rookies who have signed up to this point.

BTW, I/Any user here could do -most- of what they have to do in 15 mins MAXIMUM. If they already have the rookies supposedly on the disc, then it's just a matter of adding them to the respective teams, and trading/assigning players is very quick. So don't try to respond to me with that "Do you expect them to do at all at once!?!?!?" stuff.
I'll update the first post of the thread for those of you that didn't bother to read the entire thing.

# 159 Eman5805 @ 12/12/11 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
He's in, he's not a starter. Especially if you are a Point Guard. He will come in in the second quarter. The commentary is fantastic on it by the way. Give back story into Kyrie, Tristan, and Jordan Hamilton
Ah. I see. I didn't start the game. I just looked at the starting line ups and assumed he'd be starting over that Anderson guy and that Reid guy.

# 160 WhatUpKells @ 12/12/11 02:49 PM
I'm on 360, and the roster update isn't appearing on 2K Share. Any idea what the problem could be?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.