Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

* Updated list, via 2K Sports Facebook page.
  • Ron Artest - name change to Metta World Peace
  • Caron Butler - FA signing LA Clippers
  • Tyson Chandler - traded from DAL to NY Knicks
  • Andy Rautins - traded from NY to Dallas
  • Ronny Turiaf - traded from New York to Washington Wizards (via Dallas)
  • Brandon Roy - retired
  • Glen Davis - traded from BOS to Orlando
  • Brandon Bass - traded from ORL to Boston
  • Shane Battier - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Eddy Curry - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Shannon Brown - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Vince Carter - Waived from Phoenix Suns
  • Sebastian Telfair - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Richard Hamilton - Waived from Detroit Pistons
  • Tracy McGrady - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Chauncey Billups - Amnesty Clause
  • Roger Mason - FA signing Washington Wizards
  • Derrick Brown - FA signing Charlotte Bobcats
  • T.J. Ford - FA signing San Antonio Spurs
  • Chuck Hayes - FA signing Sacramento Kings
  • Jamaal Magloire - FA signing Toronto Raptors
  • Vladimir Radmanovic - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Brandan Wright - FA signing Dallas Mavericks
  • Kyrie Irving - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Tristan Thompson - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Kenneth Faried - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Jordan Hamilton - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Keyon Dooling - traded from MIL to Boston Celtics
  • Mike Dunleavy - FA signing Milwaukee Bucks
  • Mike Bibby - FA signing New York Knicks
  • Aaron Gray - FA signing Toronto Raptors
  • Lamar Odom - traded from LAL to Dallas
  • David West - FA signing Indiana Pacers
  • Kurt Thomas - FA signing Portland Trail Blazers
  • Damien Wilkins - FA signing Detroit Pistons
  • Jason Kapono - FA signing LA Lakers
  • Rasual Butler - FA signing Toronto Raptors
  • Derrick Williams - draft pick signing Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Brandon Knight - draft pick signed Detroit Pistons
  • Jimmer Fredette - draft pick signed Sacramento Kings
  • Kawhi Leonard - draft pick signed San Antonio Spurs
  • Kemba Walker - draft pick signed Charlotte Bobcats
  • MarShon Brooks - draft pick signed New Jersey Nets
  • Tobias Harris - draft pick signed Milwaukee Bucks
  • Nolan Smith - draft pick signed Portland Trail Blazers
  • Gani Lawal - draft pick signed San Antonio Spurs
  • Chauncey Billups - Amnesty bid by Los Angeles Clippers

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mlp111 @ 12/13/11 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
So stop and come back when the season starts.

I know this is common sense but I thought I would offer it anyway since you seem to be overlooking this.
common sense is something that seems be be getting overlooked alot, especially by 2k

# 42 scala42 @ 12/13/11 10:22 AM
im on 360 and i still havent gotten the roster update, it say there's no files available at this time nonsense, can someone help me out please?

# 43 Colts18 @ 12/13/11 10:24 AM
I usually don't care about overalls, but it is interesting to see how many inproven rookies that have only played 15 college games are rated higher than seasoned NBA Vets. Interesting.

# 44 RocketTMac1 @ 12/13/11 10:24 AM
I say as long as these CP3 and D12 trade talks stay where they are now (pretty much dead) the updates should be good to go.

# 45 aholbert32 @ 12/13/11 10:24 AM
Quote:
The NBA offices are not open on the weekend. That is where they have to get word from. Unless things have changed since my father left (~5 yrs ago) then the earliest the NBA would be able to look over the information is Monday.

Add in normal business time where your contact at the NBA doesn't reply to emails or doesn't/can't get you the correct information fast enough and that kills the entire day Monday. It's only Tuesday morning. I'm sure they'll get the information today and it will probably be in the next roster update if the NBA forwards them the correct information.

I just don't see the conspiracy theories here. I've had to deal with individuals that are lax at their job. I believe that can be the case here since every single developer mentions things like this at times. These guys want to update this information as soon as they can. What benefit do they get from holding off?
That wasnt the case this wknd though because of the short time frame before the start of the season. Everything I've heard says the office was processing deals this wknd. I just find it hard to believe that the NBA office has only processed 12 rookie contracts before this morning.

No benefit from holding off but I think that they either underestimated how difficult it would be to add rookies or flat out lied about how easy they could.

# 46 aholbert32 @ 12/13/11 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Well, with the rate 2k is going, we're going to see him earlier than Monday. We should get a few more roster updates this week.
I meant Monday as in yesterday....not next Monday. I'll be furious if it takes until next Monday to get the #3 and #5 picks in the game.

# 47 Pared @ 12/13/11 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That wasnt the case this wknd though because of the short time frame before the start of the season. Everything I've heard says the office was processing deals this wknd. I just find it hard to believe that the NBA office has only processed 12 rookie contracts before this morning.

No benefit from holding off but I think that they either underestimated how difficult it would be to add rookies or flat out lied about how easy they could.
Fair enough - that could be the case. But that still leaves open the possibility of 2k's contact not being available this weekend to green light the additions.

The people that deal with the contracts and 2k's licensing contact wouldn't work in the same department. Chain of command where if one person is slow it holds up the entire line of communication.

# 48 Colts18 @ 12/13/11 10:33 AM
I know it has been said before but if we are going to have it all (probably) by the 25th, why on earth are some of us so impatient that we are complaining about not having it all now. Just sit tight people.

# 49 aholbert32 @ 12/13/11 10:35 AM
Quote:
Fair enough - that could be the case. But that still leaves open the possibility of 2k's contact not being available this weekend to green light the additions.

The people that deal with the contracts and 2k's licensing contact wouldn't work in the same department. Chain of command where if one person is slow it holds up the entire line of communication.
That makes sense. I'll let it go now but this next update should have plenty of rookies. If not, something's fishy.

# 50 aholbert32 @ 12/13/11 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
I know it has been said before but if we are going to have it all (probably) by the 25th, why on earth are some of us so impatient that we are complaining about not having it all now. Just sit tight people.
I actually have an issue with this. This isnt 2k's fault but I've had the game since October with no rookies because of the lockout. So I feel I've been plenty patient. Ive had the game for 3 months and there is nothing wrong with feeling some disappointment and frustration with the fact that I have wait for more days so that 2k can update by update add the rookies/

# 51 KB2009Champ @ 12/13/11 10:39 AM
How the heck is Williams rated 70?

70?

Really?

Dunk 72? Vert 68?

Clearly the insider doesn't watch games and is only looking at stats.

Dude is athletic as hell and dunks over people. WTF.

I am disappointed.

# 52 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
How the heck is Williams rated 70?

70?

Really?

Dunk 72? Vert 68?

Clearly the insider doesn't watch games and is only looking at stats.

Dude is athletic as hell and dunks over people. WTF.

I am disappointed.
Edit button is there for a reason.

# 53 RedmanR @ 12/13/11 10:43 AM
Man I feel you Pared. . . there are some REAL characters here at OS when all of this is not that serious. Today's crowd has no patience what-so-ever. Forget getting my kicks. . . on route 66. I've been getting them out of this thread. Talk about DRAMA. . .

I wonder what's next

# 54 KB2009Champ @ 12/13/11 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Edit button is there for a reason.
When are people on this board going to realize that not everyone plays offline?

# 55 44drob @ 12/13/11 10:45 AM

# 56 Pared @ 12/13/11 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
Man I feel you Pared. . . there are some REAL characters here at OS when all of this is not that serious. Today's crowd has no patience what-so-ever. Forget getting my kicks. . . on route 66. I've been getting them out of this thread. Talk about DRAMA. . .

I wonder what's next
Let's not poke the hornets nest. Let's just focus on the roster update.

# 57 kennyacid @ 12/13/11 10:47 AM
What has happened to OS, starting to look like gamefaqs..people not reading before posting. Complaing about things that will get took care of eventually smh. I understand the frustration but give VC/2K some slack. If there was no lock out all this would have been taken care of already. But since there was a lock out we just have to ride the ship while VC/2K catch up with whats going on with the league and get everything approved.

People assume its a easy process to get the rosters out, but its hard to get them out when your hands is tied by the league. Just cause X player get signed/traded today doesn't mean VC/2K can automatically make that move happen. There are steps thatneed to be taken. People just need to calm down a little.

Anyway the Kings is looking mighty good. Time to learn some plays that will open up jimmer for some easy j's. Cant wait for the rest of them to be added in the next couple of days

# 58 kennyacid @ 12/13/11 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Are these ratings final? I'd imagine if they're updating daily, then they have to be able to patch in player photos. This could mean they can adjust ratings too, right?
Yes, once the season starts ratings will be updated i believe

# 59 44drob @ 12/13/11 10:53 AM
Has anyone who has played with the newest update notice how good Kyrie Irving is @ running a team . I played a quick game against him with the Bucks and he completely handled me .

He had 19 points 11 assists 2 rebounds 4 Stls and 0 turnovers .

Sadly i lost 94-85

10 min Quarter Custom sliders BTW

# 60 mlp111 @ 12/13/11 11:01 AM
has larry hughs been added to roster,

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.