Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 will arrive within the next 24 hours, for 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

Below are the full details for NBA 2K12 Patch v1.04 with NBA 2K12 iOS patch notes, at the bottom.

• Fixed an issue that would cause large-user Team-Up games to hang at halftime if all users watched the halftime show in-full.
  • Addressed an issue that would lead to a disconnect in subsequent games when one or more users modified their playbook for the current game.
  • A number of Association: Online optimizations were made to greatly minimize disconnects.
  • Additionally, general optimization improvements were made in order to improve the overall online experience.
GENERAL
  • The ‘Back to Back to Back’ and ‘My All-Star’ trophies/achievements should now unlock under the proper conditions.
  • Previously unlocked NBA’s Greatest games and ‘Gift with Purchase’ Kings/Warriors teams will now remain unlocked after playing and exiting the Association/My Player game modes.
  • Fixed an issue where the roster would become corrupt when attempting to enter the ‘Legends Showcase’ with unsaved roster changes.
  • Fixed a rare issue that would cause the game to hang when attempting to skip the pre-game presentation in Season and Playoff modes.
  • Corrected an issue where players could become duplicated after editing a Created Team.
  • “PIPPEN” dunk package has been updated so that it can be re-assigned to Pippen when switched off of him.
  • Addressed issue where Created Players are assigned Cold Zones for all shot locations. This change applies for all generated players in Association/My Player modes as well.
  • The Adidas Zig Pro Future and ZigEncore shoes should now have the correct shoe image associated with them.
GAMEPLAY
  • Increased the velocity of lob passes into the post so they are less vulnerable to tips and steals.
  • Reduced steal success when the defender attempts a steal from behind the ballhandler.
  • Tuned player lunges on steal attempts such that they don’t cover an unrealistic amount of ground.
  • Tuned AI passes from the wing down into the post. The AI is now smarter during this situation, specifically where the perimeter defender is sagging off the ballhandler in anticipation of this pass.
  • Corrected an issue where during online gameplay, a shot ball would ‘re-launch’ even after it had been blocked.
  • Tuned AI playcalling during late-game situations so that they initiate plays faster.
  • Fixed an issue where the CPU ballhandler would take too long to pass (or in some cases, not pass the ball at all) when running a play in My Player.
  • Addressed an issue where the user would inadvertently commit an intentional foul with a defender when attempting to contest a shot with his hands up.
  • Tuned animation selection that would cause a player to lose forward momentum when attempting a Swat Block.
  • Addressed a specific case where attempting a pass fake would cause the pass to be thrown.
  • 8-second violations will no longer be called when the ball is poked loose and enters the backcourt.
  • Training Camp: Triple Threat drill score requirements lowered in order to make it a little easier to complete the drill.
  • Legends Showcase: Fixed a hang that would occur when the AI would recover a loose ball by diving for the ball and then sitting idle with it.
  • Legends Showcase: Addressed a case where players who did not meet the requirements were able to throw a flashy pass.
MY PLAYER
  • Corrected an issue where the game would hang after winning the NBA Finals in My Player mode.
  • Trading logic has been greatly improved in this mode. In particular, your team’s GM will no longer overhaul the roster once you join the team.
  • Your team’s GM will now do a better job of acquiring one of your recommended players when he comes to you asking for potential trade targets. Be careful what you ask for!
  • Fixed an issue where both teams in a game would be using the wrong playbooks on occasion.
  • A few select season-long milestones (e.g. Shoot 85% or better from the free throw line) should now properly unlock when the prerequisite conditions are met.
  • The camera should now properly follow the action in your Signature Shoe Commercial.
THE ASSOCIATION
  • A number of trade logic improvements have been made for this experience (these apply to Association: Online as well).
  • Addressed the CPU lineup building / player role allocation such that players no longer become unnecessarily upset with the direction of their respective teams.
  • New coaching staff is now generated when you get many years into the mode. This will result in sufficiently skilled coaches available to be hired.
__________________________________________________ ________

NBA2K12 iOS Patch Notes
__________________________________________________ ________

Graphics
  • Added dynamic lighting on players (iPhone 4S and iPad 2).
  • Improved lighting effects around the arena and on the crowd (iPhone 4S and iPad 2).
  • Improved player heads during replay and cut scenes.
  • Added more variety to the coach heads.
  • Increased number of bench players seen on the court during gameplay.
  • Fixed various graphical bugs throughout gameplay.
iCloud
  • Added iCloud support for saving Settings, Season, and Playoffs.
One-Finger Controls
  • Players on your team will begin to advance the ball automatically after a rebound
  • Players on your team will be more likely to drive, pump fake, post-up, and perform other actions.
  • Fast breaks are improved and will occur more frequently.
  • Better responsiveness in general.
Roster Updates
  • Added support for roster updates. A full roster update will be coming soon!
Other
  • Made lower Rookie and Pro difficulty levels slightly easier.
  • Fixed some commentary bugs.
  • Added a few player portraits that were missing.

Source - NBA 2K12 Game Update Patch v1.04 -- Patch Notes

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 inchez34 @ 12/13/11 09:24 PM
The trade logic was my only gripe, and it has been addressed.

# 142 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/13/11 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theenemy
complete misunderstanding.

it wasn't a 2k vs EA thing - it's a monopoly thing. being the only basketball title thing...

btw, what is Mike's motivation in developing a better game? his love for basketball video game development?
and

"This game was a big undertaking trying to top 2k11"
-how do you know? did you do the development?

"and they fumbled a bit."
-I think they did an amazing job - I think this year's game is better than last year if you ask me (with custom sliders / pro etc) - my complaint is with the default which you have to use online.

"They know this...."
- yet they don't address it because they devote their time to make more money. which is understandable but is part of the complaint.

relax
I think they did an amazing job as well. They did fumble a bit. Not a complete drop but the game isn't flawless.

They don't address this???? Are we not talking in a thread titled NBA 2k12 patch!? If they didn't address anything there wouldn't be a patch there would just be 2k13.

# 143 Goffs @ 12/13/11 09:25 PM
the ones with the patch I would suggest playing on default sliders first instead of three custom sliders you guys have set...

# 144 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/13/11 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiles
Gameplay seems about the same. Game started with Durant making a fade away 3 pointer 5 feet behind the the line then Westbrook made an impossible dunk on 3 people.
Go back to the gutter where you belong. Fake phony posts like these should be instant bans. Nothing sliders can't fix btw

# 145 Jakeness23 @ 12/13/11 09:29 PM
That's ALL of the cosmetic fixes, really??

These need to be fixed and there may be more that you guys can think of:

- Ability to edit color of headbands instead of them being automatic

- Ability to edit jersey fit (loose or tight) and short length (60's short shorts, 90's short shorts, baggy)

- In CAP, fix the current list of hairstyles or add more, because they look terrible

- Ability to use current players tattoos instead of the ones that are in CAP now, those are truly terrible. I'd rather have the ability to use some of LeBron's tats then the ones on the current CAP list

- Ability to wear socks underneath ankle braces, it was in last year, don't know what's wrong with it this year

- More Reebok and Adidas shoes

- Some of the CAP facial hair in the goatees section looks crooked like Hedo Turkoglu's. There's a couple that aren't even close to centered that need a fix to them cause it looks terrible.

-Body styles and wingspans. I don't know if this can be patched in or not but in any case we need different body styles like Durant, Dwight, LeBron, Glen Davis, and Kobe. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. You should get a choice for different body styles in CAP. Wingspans, don't need any explaining; they could make a huge difference.

# 146 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/13/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I agree. Hall of Fame is impossible and the computer blatantly cheats. But my question to 2K is, why purposely make it that way? Who honestly wants to play a game knowing they will be cheated? If they can't make the A.I. more difficult without adding cheap tactics, why not just have one difficulty level and call it a day?

And Pro is a little more challenging with the 1.03 patch, but at launch, Pro was a piece of cake personally. I could win by 30 with the Timberwolves against the Heat.
Because at this time of history technology isn't sophisticated enough to give us true AI. So instead of getting more life like the game gets cheaper. On pro, the AI is as smart as possible.

# 147 Stiles @ 12/13/11 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Go back to the gutter where you belong. Fake phony posts like these should be instant bans. Nothing sliders can't fix btw
No sliders in MyPlayer.

# 148 Jakeness23 @ 12/13/11 09:32 PM
Other cosmetic things could include the guys with longer hair (Dirk or Nash), make it 3D or something so it moves, looks dumb just gelled in place. I believe 2K7 had it right. And the walking up the court animations in 2K7 were spot on as well. No idea if that's patchable but they said all cosmetics were so just putting in my 2 cents.

# 149 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Because at this time of history technology isn't sophisticated enough to give us true AI. So instead of getting more life like the game gets cheaper. On pro, the AI is as smart as possible.
I'm currently playing a game on Pro with the patch, and I've only scored two points in the first four minutes of the quarter. That's actually a good thing considering I'm going against the Heat with the Raptors. This wasn't like that at launch.

# 150 BlAcK_OpS @ 12/13/11 09:41 PM
Disappointed that they did not fix some of the other team up issues. Especially if you can still throw a full court inbound pass to the other side of the court.

# 151 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/13/11 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm currently playing a game on Pro with the patch, and I've only scored two points in the first four minutes of the quarter. That's actually a good thing considering I'm going against the Heat with the Raptors. This wasn't like that at launch.
Yup the game is still challenging. Trust me you won't go back!

# 152 VDusen04 @ 12/13/11 09:54 PM
It is quite apparent that I am in the minority, but I liked a lot of what I saw in these patch notes. I really enjoy NBA 2K12 but there were a couple of honest-to-goodness issues I'd been having with the game. Namely, I am very relieved to read the freezes and sudden roster corruptions have been addressed. Every other aspect and tweak to 2K12 gameplay paled in comparison with the inability to run through each mode without the constant threat of freeze and corruption. So that's huge for me.

Also, as someone who struggles with not exploiting exploits against the CPU, I'm really glad they addressed the post entries. I've found myself unable to be controlled in terms of dropping my defender down to the post to tip the clearly impending post entry.

I'm also quite comforted by the assurance my Warriors and Kings won't be getting deleted anymore. Love those teams.

Further, very important to me that the CPU late-game A.I. was tweaked.

Surely more could be done, but I'm very pleased with what they've addressed so far.

# 153 ILLSmak @ 12/13/11 10:06 PM
lol people still whining.

Sorry but anyone who says 2k11... no matter what patch you are using, is better than 2k12 at LAUNCH is insane. Anyone who wants to play 2k11 can just slide that back in IMO. Yeah it sucks to have paid 60 bucks for a bad product, but at least you have a good product to go back to that you like. And that's not even sarcasm; why force yourself to play a game you dislike when you have one you enjoy better sitting right in front of you? I felt the same with live 10 vs 2k11. I was like hmm this isn't doing it for me. back to Live...!

But 2k12... man you guys should be happy for this game. This game is a blessing to anyone who loves basketball. If the computer is too good, turn down the difficulty; you wanna get by the computer? turn down on ball D.

Would be nice to completely fix online, but that's all.

And I don't see this fast break issue. Certain guys just break out well. They get going at the right moment and get that speed burst. That is a dunk. It's not as easy to take the ball with the PG and go coast to coast, but if you do a lay up animation like a hop step or euro step you can still get a score.

I get a lot of fast break points, but my team is also like 99 99 99. AS EVERYONE'S TEAM SHOULD BE A FEW YEARS IN. Unless you handicap yourself on purpose...

-Smak

# 154 haloofduty @ 12/13/11 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
No minutes per game fix for Association, are we stuck having every starter playing 34?

Come on 2k, you are better than this.

Don't do what you did in 2K10 with the Shaq shooting three pointers bug you never fixed.
I have been saying this since launch. How you goin have a nba game with every starter averaging 34 minutes? Sometimes I wonder if 2k watches the nba.

That was totally unacceptable what they did to 2k10 and left it that way. How you goin let centers shoot 3s until 2k11. That was a slap in the face to associations players and as far as I can tell they don't care about fixing association. Association players been voicing their frustrations since launch and look what we got.

# 155 TUSS11 @ 12/13/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
  • Reduced steal success when the defender attempts a steal from behind the ballhandler.
  • Tuned player lunges on steal attempts such that they don’t cover an unrealistic amount of ground.
  • Corrected an issue where during online gameplay, a shot ball would ‘re-launch’ even after it had been blocked.
YES!!!!!!!

# 156 Jakeness23 @ 12/13/11 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
i'm not trying to be a jackass, but are you seriously asking for those petty fixes/additions? i mean, come on... geez. it's-a-video-game, sit back and enjoy what it is because you don't notice those things when you're playing the game.
I actually do notice those things or I wouldn't have brought it up. Looks are part of the immersion for some people. I obviously have gameplay issues just look at my past blogs, it's just I notice other things as well. It all goes into the immersion aspect.

# 157 bumpyface @ 12/13/11 10:38 PM
Ok so I just quit a game and I was up 10 in the 3rd. Here's what happened. I was the Pacers at home, playing against the Knicks. So its 3rd quarter, I'm up by 7. I get the ball to D. West and get an And-1, but the ball doesn't go in the basket, it rims out (LOL). I make the free throw and Bibby brings the ball up court. He hits Melo on a cut and Melo drives to the basket. I block the ball with Hibbert, and it rolls off P. George out of bounds. The game calls a turnover Pacer's ball LOLOLOL! Nobody deserves that. The game was taking a #2 on the Knicks. I quit. Had I won, I would have still lost. I never seen these kinds of issues in 2k11. Why are they in 12? Fundamentals and foundation mean everything, w/o those you have nothing. I'm not getting my hopes up about this patch.

# 158 BaseGod @ 12/13/11 11:03 PM
You were allowed to suggest trades or players in MP. When did this happened ?

# 159 Vni @ 12/13/11 11:30 PM
Funny thread to read

Like everyone I thought the gameplay list would be longer but I'll test it out.

# 160 miller31time @ 12/14/11 12:19 AM
I don't know how you can call your game the "best" in basketball simulation and not address the simulated statistics in Association Mode. Chris Paul and Deron Williams averaging 6-7 assists per game? Player minutes capped at 35? The NBA leader in blocks per game averaging around 2 (if that), each season? In My Player Mode, the team your player is on leads the NBA is almost every statistical category (and impressively so). Hell, your team can be absolutely terrible but by playing 12-minute quarters, the numbers produced are ridiculous.

Yeesh. I'm sure the game plays much better now and I'm sure a lot of important issues were fixed, but the above issue would seem to be of top importance for a game that brands itself as 2K does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.