Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 is now available on the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

For details on NBA 2K12 patch 1.04, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:16 PM
cpu actually misses open jumpers now.

you can actually pass to cutters in the paint now...no more of that B.S. low one-handed pass that got swatted down every time.

# 42 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
This is crazy. Is there better boxing out like 2K11 patched? How about mirroring defense and drive penetration?
If the mirroring is there, it's not as obvious as before. I have noticed boxing out on free throws, but not so much on regular shots. However, I am noticing improved rebounding from my team when I max out crash boards. Before, it seems like that coaching slider was irrelevant. So far, I've been able to get penetration when the situation warrants it. I'm just halfway through the first quarter, and I've already attempted 7 free throws. That comes from me playing aggressive and trying to get points inside. I hope that answers your question.

# 43 rangerrick012 @ 12/13/11 10:18 PM
If you guys could give some quick online impressions, that would be great, i.e are things like steal bashing punished with more foul calls or are they just less effective while still moving you around? Are the delayed animations, particularly the delayed block animations when you go to block a layup, gone now? And of course 3pt percentages and contesting shots, as well as staying in front of guys without sliding on D, are they all a bit better? Talking strictly online now. Any feedback would be great.

# 44 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 10:18 PM
mirrioring defense Is way less obvious now. But it seems the recovery times of the cpu is wayy too fast.

# 45 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:19 PM
overall movements feel a bit tighter and more responsive.

easier to drive and get into the paint now.

# 46 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
So this patch is called 1.04 Making the game easier for those who suck

Now we have people loving it because they can beast the cpu on super star.

Maybe next patch we can have 2K put just 3 people on the court for the cpu so we can all beast and act like we are big dawgs in this game.

Game played great and was a challenge. Now it is patched for those who are not good...Fantastic
No, it didn't matter if you were good or not. I call myself pretty good at 2k, this year there was something strange about the game, no matter what, if your good or not, the CPU cheeses you to get back in the game, and it gets worse on superstar / hall of fame.

That's pre patch..post patch, i've yet to play because i have a 360, and is waiting my *** off.

# 47 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
So this patch is called 1.04 Making the game easier for those who suck

Now we have people loving it because they can beast the cpu on super star.

Maybe next patch we can have 2K put just 3 people on the court for the cpu so we can all beast and act like we are big dawgs in this game.

Game played great and was a challenge. Now it is patched for those who are not good...Fantastic
You're confused if you felt the game was challenging in a good way before. It's not that the higher difficulty settings are easier. Trust me, you will struggle to score if you're outmatched by a better team, but the cheapness that existed before is gone. That's what we're elated about.

# 48 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:21 PM
passing to inside cutters is MUCH easier...maybe almost too easy...a lot of people will complain that lead pass cheese is back.

# 49 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
Are you still seeing the "stonewall" bumping on the perimeter?
It's there, but for some reason it's not as frustrating as before. I feel like with the right matchup and execution, I can get by my defender.

And to answer Sundown's other question, yes, boxing out is back!! I just saw the CPU Jeff Foster box out Jared Jeffries a few second ago. I was controlling another player at the time.

# 50 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
Are you still seeing the "stonewall" bumping on the perimeter?
Not a whole lot. I see it once in while but driving to the lane is easier.

And guys we've been saying the game is easier and feels better because the cpu cheese level has been toned down. The game is still very competitive. trust me.

# 51 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
Can anybody that's playing MY Player tell me if the cheap CPU is a lot better? Like watching your team/player miss 80% of your shots in the 4th quarter and then watch the CPU come back from a double digit deficit to beat you in the end? Also if the overall feel of the games with your player are a lot smoother now and not as though the game determines whether you win or not.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this.
Nothing cheap about the cpu in my player mode right now, I just entered the 4th quarter against the Bulls (I am on the Pacers) I will let you know how things turn out in the end but I am down 72-66 right now but I have yet to feel cheated at all, it is good to note that your cpu players are a lot smarter in there decision making at least from my stand point, if you set an off-screen pick and they have a open jumper they are going to take it. Also there doesn't seem to be any hesitation in the cpu if you hit them with an open assist, pre-patch they would normally shot fake a few times until they decide to shoot which kills your assist, not anymore. I am liking my player mode right now but I will be back in a few with my 4th quarter analysis.

# 52 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
but the cheapness that existed before is gone. That's what we're elated about.
Thank god, you're about to make me cry.

not really, but i'm happy.

I told everyone, don't worry, 2k always make their games way better after the patch..look at 2k11, now 2k12.

# 53 adub88 @ 12/13/11 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
passing to inside cutters is MUCH easier...maybe almost too easy...a lot of people will complain that lead pass cheese is back.
I can definitely see this happening. It's hard to find that medium. I think it's ok, but some are harder to please than others. I just don't see how you could really complain, passing was absolutely broken IMO before this patch, the game flows now.

Also, I'm loving the blocking. I'm seeing actually real life looking blocks, versus the ball just bouncing off the defenders arms.

# 54 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:25 PM
cpu still getting it's typical 3rd quarter comeback boost...

spin layup move in the paint still can't be stopped with contact, but the CPU abuses it less.

cpu not abusing the "up-and-under" near the hoop anymore...CPU actually did a head fake under the hoop and then passed it back out rather than putting up that garbage leaning layup after the head fake.

# 55 illicit305 @ 12/13/11 10:25 PM
they did not fix the association team stats
bug .....wtf with how hard i work at my job they cant get this fixed i cant believe this bro pissed af.

# 56 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 10:26 PM
This sounds awesome...waiting for the 360 patch!!

so no 3rd qtr ridiculousness?

# 57 Sundown @ 12/13/11 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
If the mirroring is there, it's not as obvious as before. I have noticed boxing out on free throws, but not so much on regular shots. However, I am noticing improved rebounding from my team when I max out crash boards. Before, it seems like that coaching slider was irrelevant. So far, I've been able to get penetration when the situation warrants it. I'm just halfway through the first quarter, and I've already attempted 7 free throws. That comes from me playing aggressive and trying to get points inside. I hope that answers your question.
Thanks Mos1ted. I really missed how the game played and looked so much better with boxing out and realistic big men verticals when we first fired up 2K11's patch. Would definitely like to see boxing out again, but if everything else plays as well as you say, it's an oversight I can live with.

Do folks remember the ridiculous vertical centers had when rebounding on 2K11 pre-patch? That was amusing, and easily as immersion breaking as many of our current issues. I don't know what the reaction to it was on OS, but for some reason I just grinned through it, probably because it was so visually jarring I knew it would be patched.

Oddly enough, I've never had complaints about foul frequency that others have had. I get plenty of calls-- but then again I also drive into contact a lot with Monta Ellis and end up at the line a fair amount. Ironically, Monta doesn't get the calls when he drives in real life, because he actually tends to shift his body away from contact and doesn't get Kobe superstar calls. I do get clobbered now and again with no calls-- that was annoying, but my overall foul numbers were okay with my play style. But it sounds like I won't be robbed as much when I need to score on a possession.

# 58 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
Enough vs CPU impressions what about online??? Is there a difference in quick matches compared to HOF SIM games??
Sorry man I'm strictly an offline player. Might play one later.

# 59 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 10:29 PM
I got a matchup I was looking for: George Hill vs Tony Douglas. A man's ankles don't deserve that kind of abuse. To my isomotion technicians, you can finally feel confident in your abilities again. The defenders are human again! And this is on Hall of Fame/Sim. And blocking feels so much better. You're now rewarded for timing.

# 60 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:31 PM
uh oh...i passed to a cutting big man with that garbage one-handed overhead pass...it went right through Drew Gooden's head and got to the reciever cleanly...seems 2k has allowed some questionable ball physics in order to make inside passing easier...i guess an occasional pass going through a head is better than not being able to pass inside at all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.