Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 is now available on the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

For details on NBA 2K12 patch 1.04, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rangerrick012 @ 12/13/11 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz313
This I do not understand bro.

To be honest, the % of contested layups in this game was no issue AT ALL for the CPU or the User. It was actually the opposite from what you are saying. They missed too many to me, and this was for either superstars or average players. Honestly, they even missed the hell out of mildly contested layups or even layups with no contest, but a defender near by.

If you are good at using the shot stick, finishing at the basket contested or not was perfectly fine. If they actually made it worse then it would be a horrible thing.

No offense, but I just hate to see people mention things for changes when there is nothing wrong with whatever specific issue to begin with. Do you really feel like layups were too easy?

FYI....... Im a beast in this game so its definitley not user error, im 61-19 and have never cheesed in my 2k career. I just cant understand how layups could have been seen as a problem with too many going in.
I think he was referring to the CPU, and yes, the CPU's routine of having Luke Ridnour turn into Hakeem in his prime with the up and unders was nonsense and at the very least needed to be toned down.

# 62 coolcras7 @ 12/13/11 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
So this patch is called 1.04 Making the game easier for those who suck

Now we have people loving it because they can beast the cpu on super star.

Maybe next patch we can have 2K put just 3 people on the court for the cpu so we can all beast and act like we are big dawgs in this game.

Game played great and was a challenge. Now it is patched for those who are not good...Fantastic
It made it easier because you no longer feel cheated by players playing beyond their abilities, only down side I noticed is that in my first game against the Knicks Melo was not really aggressive, he scored at will but he was not getting alot of touches, another thing i noticed the CPU plays alot more selfish I have not noticed any last second passes to a teammate out of nowhere.

# 63 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:32 PM
i never played online pre-patch, so unfortunately i can't say anything about online.

# 64 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
It made it easier because you no longer feel cheated by players playing beyond their abilities, only down side I noticed is that in my first game against the Knicks Melo was not really aggressive, he scored at will but he was not getting alot of touches, another thing i noticed the CPU plays alot more selfish I have not noticed any last second passes to a teammate out of nowhere.
The melo issue can be fixed if you change his tendencies

# 65 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 10:35 PM
It feels a lot like 2k11 post patch.

# 66 farhannius @ 12/13/11 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
uh oh...i passed to a cutting big man with that garbage one-handed overhead pass...it went right through Drew Gooden's head and got to the reciever cleanly...seems 2k has allowed some questionable ball physics in order to make inside passing easier...i guess an occasional pass going through a head is better than not being able to pass inside at all.
Tell that to Drew Gooden

# 67 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 10:35 PM
Couldnt wait, had the Mrs bring home 2k12 for PS3 from Redbox, about to fire it up....going to post impressions...

# 68 NINJAK2 @ 12/13/11 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
passing to inside cutters is MUCH easier...maybe almost too easy...a lot of people will complain that lead pass cheese is back.
uh oh..so are defenders not reacting at all to the passes going inside? I worried about this when daczar brought up that thread asking about passing..

# 69 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhannius
Tell that to Drew Gooden

(ten characters)

# 70 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
uh oh..so are defenders not reacting at all to the passes going inside? I worried about this when daczar brought up that thread asking about passing..
I'm playing on allstar and inside steals are still there but It is easier to pass inside. i would say maybe a a little , and I said little, too easy

but defenders do react to inside passes. CpU gets more on ball steals than lane steals though.

# 71 TephLon @ 12/13/11 10:39 PM
Anybody notice the button passing symbols popping up on the cpu when they are about to pass the ball.

# 72 ballin095 @ 12/13/11 10:40 PM
Not sure if posted already, but everything has pretty much been improved from a.i. teammates, to shooting, to passing (although still experimenting with fast breaks). However, the one negative is that defense is still very sluggish.

# 73 wepr3 @ 12/13/11 10:41 PM
2 questions:

1) How are those magical 3rd quarter CPU runs?

2) Overall, is the pick and roll as reliable as it was in 2k11?

Thanks fellas.

# 74 NINJAK2 @ 12/13/11 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I'm playing on allstar and inside steals are still there but It is easier to pass inside. i would say maybe a a little , and I said little, too easy

but defenders do react to inside passes. CpU gets more on ball steals than lane steals though.
Thanks for clarification mars. Love your sig. lol

# 75 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:42 PM
Can someone sim a season of Association and tell me the trades that went down????????

# 76 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 10:42 PM
Ok right off gate: spent the entire first quarter throwing passes inside...

easier in comparison to before, but I would say its where 2k11 was at as far as success rate....

CPU misses some shots for "no reason" now....THANK YOU. Lets see how this goes through ther 3rd quarter....

very pleased so far...

# 77 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 10:42 PM
I just started up an online game. I chose the Wizards. My opponent chose the Heat (predictably). He's playing with a mic. He sounds like he's about 12. This should be a good game to judge cheese.

# 78 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
Thats what I'm talking about lol.
Ive been waiting to get fuully invested in this game, had to do it...

when I get right, I want my rematch BTW

# 79 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 10:43 PM
Well we just got out played in the 4th, not due to them cheesing me or being cheap there D just locked our players down lol Wish I was winning to see if the comeback factor is still there but I wasn't lol

# 80 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:43 PM
holy mother...i can actually beat carlos delfino off the dribble with russell westbrook now...i blew right by him and got all the way to the rim for an easy layup.

regarding layups - i'm still getting too much of that "stopping two-footed layup" animation rather than a moving one-legged layup.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.