Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

In speaking to Gamesradar, Eric Boenisch mentions the possibility of something arriving on Christmas Day, for NBA 2K12. What do you think it might be?

Quote:
“Dedicated” is the operative word here. While most of us will be kicking back with family and friends, a healthy portion of the NBA 2K12 development team will be hard at work on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, Mr. Boenisch wouldn’t give up the goods about any special surprises for the legions of fans who’ll boot up the game that day.

“We have some things cooking,” he says coyly. “But you’ll just have to wait to see for yourself! We’ll be enjoying Christmas, but if NBA basketball is being played then we’re working.”

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 authentic @ 12/22/11 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
is already in hte game hehe lol , starting christmas the real nba game schedules will be in 2k12
Ronnie has already said this is not possible. He didn't say it isn't possible because it would be a lot of work, he said it is actually impossible to put in the game. It's probably putting NBA Today in so it's working properly and special effects, shoes, courts, logos...

# 22 fatboy @ 12/23/11 01:47 AM
Maybe legend additions like Sir Charles or Reggie Miller perhaps? Im def buying the DLC if they add Barkley.

# 23 geezy @ 12/23/11 02:46 AM
Shoes in actual team color ways would be nice!

# 24 Leftos @ 12/23/11 05:09 AM
You could be wrong DeceptiveBlaze. Any post-retail shoes I've got in-game have actually been downloaded from the servers silently/automatically. Us PC users can check each file that's got downloaded, and for one I have about 8 or 9 shoes that weren't in the disk.

# 25 Patriots1996 @ 12/23/11 05:12 AM
Hopefully it's Reggie Miller

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

# 26 Sundown @ 12/23/11 05:31 AM
Chances are it's simply updated rosters including all 2nd rounders. I think that makes the most sense. Christmas day is opening day and when all teams finalize their rosters. Since 2K hasn't been putting in 2nd rounders at all, presumably because the fates of many 2nd rounders are currently uncertain, they've got quite a bit of work to do to get them all in along with accurate trades and active lists by the end of opening day. Even nicer if some of this work involved getting in photos for the rookies. I think that's much more likely than another DLC right after they've released one that took months of development resources on.

# 27 Mintsa @ 12/23/11 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Second rounders, rookie with tattoos or they'll do legendary teams pack like 2001 Sixers, 2001 Raptors, 1967 Sixers, 2004 Pistons etc. That would be awesome

That would be nuts.....I'd pay for that team alone !

# 28 aloncho11 @ 12/23/11 09:46 AM
A combined free update for all tastes:

-The 1993 Phoenix Suns with Sir Charles included

-All rookies with updated portrait and stats

-The Dunk Contest and 3pt Contest as part of the all Star Weekend

-Fix for My Player

-Gameplay patch

All in one download

# 29 Goffs @ 12/23/11 09:57 AM
Santa Claus will be a playable character though a code.

# 30 NealN42 @ 12/23/11 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
A combined free update for all tastes:

-The 1993 Phoenix Suns with Sir Charles included

-All rookies with updated portrait and stats

-The Dunk Contest and 3pt Contest as part of the all Star Weekend

-Fix for My Player

-Gameplay patch

All in one download
Wow that would be amazing! Would never happen though of course...

# 31 stillfeelme @ 12/23/11 10:09 AM
2K is definitely tweaking the gameplay and I like it. I don't know if anybody noticed but now you can get on ball steals by reaching. Now I know for certain immediately after the patch this wasn't occuring but as of last night you can actually reach and steal. They also tweaked how the CPU plays on-ball defense a little more realistic as you can actually get by a defender.

# 32 stillfeelme @ 12/23/11 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly3
What? Where did you read that?
He is saying for NBA Today and making a joke. They already said that the 66 game schedule would not be in the game as in Association. So you can play the games in NBA Today as they would happen but there will not be a 66 game schedule unless 2K has done something and this is in the Xmas cookbook.

# 33 Gosens6 @ 12/23/11 11:40 AM
Some of you guys have wild imaginations, lol. It will probably something simple and free for everyone.

# 34 JayD @ 12/23/11 12:11 PM
Hopefully a fix for the widely known association stat glitch.

# 35 spankdatazz22 @ 12/23/11 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Some of you guys have wild imaginations, lol. It will probably something simple and free for everyone.
It's getting to the point where it's oddly amusing to see the extremists knowingly raise their expectations too high so they have plenty of room to bash on the way down. Still, 2K should know by now to more carefully word their releases to set expectations low

# 36 and1product @ 12/23/11 12:24 PM
It could be the addition of Under armor shoes and apparel since they signed a deal with the nba. Regardless anything they give us is still good.

# 37 kidmadison32 @ 12/23/11 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
It could be the addition of Under armor shoes and apparel since they signed a deal with the nba. Regardless anything they give us is still good.
That would be nice. Seeing Kemba & B.Jennings in the Under Armours. Whatever 2K gives us is good for me.

# 38 foofighter2455 @ 12/23/11 03:30 PM
Maybe they'll make online customization not-bad-no-more... NM, the guy that said turkey or ham is probably right

# 39 Weeks @ 12/23/11 03:37 PM
Please be crew games

# 40 schumj @ 12/23/11 03:58 PM
My only wish for Christmas from 2K is College Hoops 2k12! Bring it back please!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.