Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

In speaking to Gamesradar, Eric Boenisch mentions the possibility of something arriving on Christmas Day, for NBA 2K12. What do you think it might be?

Quote:
“Dedicated” is the operative word here. While most of us will be kicking back with family and friends, a healthy portion of the NBA 2K12 development team will be hard at work on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, Mr. Boenisch wouldn’t give up the goods about any special surprises for the legions of fans who’ll boot up the game that day.

“We have some things cooking,” he says coyly. “But you’ll just have to wait to see for yourself! We’ll be enjoying Christmas, but if NBA basketball is being played then we’re working.”

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bedwardsroy19 @ 12/25/11 05:37 AM
Just checked out the 12/25 roster update from 2K. Not ONE new player was added to the game.

The only noticeable change was the fact that hurt players (like Brook Lopez) are now un-useable in play now games.

Oh and there was some player movement. So glad 2K has prioritized player movement, because it is not like we can't assign players to different teams on our own.

Merry Christmas from 2K.

# 62 Jasong7777 @ 12/25/11 05:52 AM
And, NBA Today is still showing December 23rd. How can you a NBA Today game with the Heat missing their two undrafted rookies.

# 63 The 24th Letter @ 12/25/11 06:11 AM
I really have to stop looking forward to anything 2k says they are going to do...

Just building myself up for a letdown lol

EDIT: NBA Today still shows the 23rd, great stuff fellas....funny how your paid DLC came out right on time though....

# 64 bedwardsroy19 @ 12/25/11 06:18 AM
My favorite part is Ronnie just tweeted "Big #NBA2K12 roster update along with Christmas shoes just went live."

In what possible way could this have been considered a big update?

# 65 Jasong7777 @ 12/25/11 06:19 AM
I'm pretty sure this ****ty roster update was not the Christmas surprise. At least I hope it wasn't.

# 66 tarek @ 12/25/11 06:43 AM
So it's confirmed that this is the proper update with 2nd round picks still missing? Or is there something more? If so, it's quite disappointing.

# 67 danyl2002 @ 12/25/11 06:46 AM
nice cooking skill 2k...

# 68 PrettyT11 @ 12/25/11 06:53 AM
They unlocked the Christmas jerseys but it is tied to the roster update. So if you want to use them you have to use this update. Let's see if they release the code for them.

# 69 The 24th Letter @ 12/25/11 06:54 AM
Didn't the article said the dev team would be missing time w/ family for this?

I'd be pissed, lol

# 70 WildeCane @ 12/25/11 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Didn't the article said the dev team would be missing time w/ family for this?

I'd be pissed, lol
its their job...what do they get paid to do...other people work too

# 71 stlpimpmonsta @ 12/25/11 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I really have to stop looking forward to anything 2k says they are going to do...

Just building myself up for a letdown lol

EDIT: NBA Today still shows the 23rd, great stuff fellas....funny how your paid DLC came out right on time though....
mines says the 24th...........and everyones shoes are white

# 72 Sundown @ 12/25/11 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Just checked out the 12/25 roster update from 2K. Not ONE new player was added to the game.

The only noticeable change was the fact that hurt players (like Brook Lopez) are now un-useable in play now games.

Merry Christmas from 2K.
Well that was kind of a surprise. Just not the good kind. I thought the surprise was complete, updated rosters on opening day, and I thought that was a reasonable expectation.

Was I bad this year 2K? Y U bring me coal?

Well there's still hope. Didn't Simballer or someone say some of the staff were working Christmas?

I hope I'm wrong but I bet we don't see complete rosters with 2nd rounders for another two weeks at the rate we're going. Sucks as the Warriors have two interesting second rounders who'll probably be getting some minutes and won't be playable until then.

# 73 shifty @ 12/25/11 07:35 AM
love the new shoes. also interesting to note the commentators mentioning the Christmas day shoes as well

# 74 Goffs @ 12/25/11 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildeCane
its their job...what do they get paid to do...other people work too
I know I do and it really sucks......

anyway I never get hyped anything what Ronnie says and I thought he was on vacation...

# 75 atlplayboy23 @ 12/25/11 08:00 AM
My shoes show up white in edit player. Is that how it supposed to be

# 76 golddawg125 @ 12/25/11 08:32 AM
The christmas day surprised is that it you can start an online dynasty with the updated rosters and rookies. Atleast that's what I assume because I was going to start one and noticed that the rosters were updated

# 77 seanbarkley @ 12/25/11 09:08 AM
sad and disappointing update

# 78 spankdatazz22 @ 12/25/11 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Ronnie just needs to be quiet. His problem is that he's a sales guy...not a basketball guy...and he hypes everything.

"Big roster coming!"..."2K staff won't be sleeping!"..."Huge news!"...

It's all sales / PR talk / hype.

They need to get a new guy in there to do that job IMO. He's overhyped so much stuff that he's just lost all credibility at this point.
True, he has overhyped things but I didn't see anything where he said the things bolded above. The article mostly discussed the challenges of the lockout and getting revved up for the season. There was ONE SHORT PARAGRAPH that mentioned something being cooked up for Christmas. And of course many people on the forums - including ones that should know better - let their imaginations run wild:

"I want new gameplay modes"
"Charles Barkley and the Suns! Also the Sixers! Oh and Reggie Miller"
"I want another patch. Make that three"

I went back and skimmed the article; it wasn't like he was specifically hyping anything. They were drawing attention to something being done on Christmas Day for fans. Which last time I checked, NO OTHER SPORTS GAMES ARE DOING (anything Christmas Day-specific). Most of us have never worked on developing a game and can't speak to the ease/difficulty of implementing something, yet we all speak on how easy it is to do this or that. I don't want to come off as an apologist but I think having these extreme reactions/accusations aren't right either. As others have said earlier in the thread, I'm appreciative of them doing anything and trying to deliver something unique to the fans

# 79 fatleg3 @ 12/25/11 09:59 AM
It seems like you can wear the Xmas jerseys online but not all teams that is playing today can wear them. Orl and the Clips cant wear them online

# 80 Paul84 @ 12/25/11 10:05 AM
how in the hell can i get that roster update, thru 2k share it shows me none 2k rosters, the user rosters i cant even download.

Great 2k

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.