Home
News Post

Hello everyone!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for the time, thoughts, love, hate, and sense of community you've brought to me and the MLB The Show dev team! It's because of you that we have been able to go from one of the lowest rated sports games on the market to the only game to achieve a 90+ metacritic rating 3 years running! This is absolutely the best sports gaming community anywhere - we may all have differences but don't forget what brings you all together.

With that, I feel I need to let you know that I have resigned my position with SCEA. It has been a truly exciting and fun filled experience working on the MLB The Show team! I was with SCEA for 15.5 years and have been on MLB for ~9 of those years; It's time to move on. Effective Friday, Dec. 23rd I will be "unemployed" - I'll celebrate a wonderful Christmas with my family (We're hosting 15+ people for breakfast, lunch and diner... yes, we know... we're insane) and then on the 30th I'll be moving with my wife and unborn baby girl (Due March 6th) to Orlando, Florida.

Beginning Jan. 9th I begin work as a Creative Director for EA on the Madden Team. I'm sure many of you will follow along as I get to know that "sub community" while I learn and interact with the Madden fans on the site. This is a huge change in my career, and a huge change for my family. My wife and I are truly looking forward to it! Except maybe the whole mosquito thing going on in Florida... GEEZ!

Thank you again for everything you've done for me and the MLB The Show dev team. Here's to 9 more excellent years!

I hope you all have an excellent Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Year and anything else you may celebrate!

-Kolbe

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 vln13 @ 12/22/11 06:57 PM
Congrats, Kolbe! One question - with him becoming creative director, what is happening to Mike Young? I thought he had taken over as creative director after Ian Cummings left?

# 22 dickey1331 @ 12/22/11 07:05 PM
Congrats and good luck moving forward.

# 23 ChaseB @ 12/22/11 07:07 PM
From one new guy to another, welcome.

PS, how spoiledddddd are you going from SD winters to FLA winters.

# 24 N51_rob @ 12/22/11 07:14 PM
Happy for Kolbe, sounds like a promotion or at the very least more money. Can't wait to see the impact that you can have with Madden.

# 25 kennyacid @ 12/22/11 07:21 PM
Thanks for everything, good luck. Hopefully Madden will start to gain respect! They need to clone you lol

# 26 Bobhead @ 12/22/11 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
From one new guy to another, welcome.

PS, how spoiledddddd are you going from SD winters to FLA winters.
Hey man, Florida winters are rough. Sometimes it even dips below 60 degrees!!

# 27 bcruise @ 12/22/11 07:30 PM
Kolbe, thanks for helping to bring us the best baseball series ever. The game was already the best back when it took up "The Show" in '06, and has only continued to improve every single year since. While I'm sad to see you leave SCEA SD, I'm sure of two things:

EA will benefit greatly from you being added to the Madden team.

And having met the members of The Show's team in person, I'm confident the game is still in very capable hands.

Thanks for everything and good luck!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 28 HustlinOwl @ 12/22/11 07:36 PM
my own selfish reasons.....NOOOOOO, I have absolutely no interest in EA Sports after the NCAA Basketball debacle, but good luck and you will be missed.

# 29 Kolbe @ 12/22/11 07:45 PM
@everyone concerned with the health and status of the MLB The Show dev team... Don't worry your pretty little faces! I'm just one tiny part of an amazing and talented team. Nobody else is leaving and the game is in good hands! The Show will go on! (I hate myself for that)

-Kolbe

# 30 tabarnes19_SDS @ 12/22/11 07:52 PM
Congrats!!! You will be sorely missed. You were always the "franchise" man for the Show. I am sure that the team will miss you as well.

# 31 jrivera34 @ 12/22/11 07:56 PM
Thank you and best of luck. I have one word that may really help you with ideas... NFL2K5 :-)

Seriously, you were always open and honest with us on the Show and I look forward to hearing your thoughts/comments on Madden.

# 32 NYYanks26 @ 12/22/11 08:01 PM
Congrats Kolbe. Best of luck in the future.

# 33 aukevin @ 12/22/11 08:04 PM
Good luck Kolbe. You did awesome with The Show, and I'm excited to see how you can better Madden.

# 34 DickDalewood @ 12/22/11 08:16 PM
I don't post much anymore, but I just had to chime in on this and say it was a pleasure having you around The Show forum all these years. Good luck with the career change; I'm sad to see you leave SCEA but excited to see what your talents can bring to the Madden franchise.

All the best!

# 35 Heroesandvillains @ 12/22/11 08:31 PM
Congratulations Kolbe, and happy holidays to you and you're growing family!

I've got a half brother in Orlando, and I just wanted to tell you:

Yes. Orlando is exactly as bad as you're afraid it is! LOL!

All the best going forward, man. I've enjoyed reading your's and Knight's interactions over the years!

# 36 mlblover15 @ 12/22/11 08:41 PM
Kolbe, it has been an honor having you as part of the team that cares so much about the game and fans... I have not been a madden player since the Sega Genesis days, however i will give you at least one to two complete dev cycles to get into it. Who knows, I could be brought back to the madden family...

I wish you and yours the best on your new life and job. You will be missed, i trust you have properly trained a new guy to put in your spot. (wax on, wax off)

# 37 thaSLAB @ 12/22/11 08:52 PM
Congrats Kolbe, on the new baby and the career move. I wish you the best of luck in everything.

Thanks for all you've done for The Show community, and I look forward to what you will ultimately bring to the Madden franchise!

:salute:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 38 Knight165 @ 12/22/11 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe
@everyone concerned with the health and status of the MLB The Show dev team... Don't worry your pretty little faces! I'm just one tiny part of an amazing and talented team. Nobody else is leaving and the game is in good hands! The Show will go on! (I hate myself for that)

-Kolbe
Cough....cough....(LIAR)(the bolded part)....cough.....cough....

Sad Knight....

You'll be getting an e-mail from me. I don't want to cry here on O.S.

"You my boy blue!"

M.K.
Knight165

# 39 RogueHominid @ 12/22/11 09:10 PM
Congrats! May the Madden community show as much love as The Show community does. The Show has been a gold standard sports game for a while--can't wait to see what you bring to Madden!

# 40 24 @ 12/22/11 09:18 PM
I don't know whether i should be happy that Madden is gaining such a fantastic asset or sad for MLB loosing the same asset. Nevertheless congratulations Kolbe and best of luck to you and your family

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.