Home
News Post

Check out the new MLB 12 The Show screenshots, showing off the new default camera view, as well as a few other tidbits. Can you find them all?

Click here for a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 pay_26 @ 12/31/11 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Hi Russell! Still like to know if the Mets and Rockies (finally) will wear metallic colored batting helmets in MLB 12: The Show, like their real life counterparts? Thanks!
are already in the game since 11, what happens in the case of the Rockies is very dark purple that appears black, and does not distinguish very well.

# 142 BlingBling19 @ 12/31/11 10:51 AM
I am also curious as to what "franchise upgrades" people are talking about?

Another question I have is will the crowd placement in the stands be changed this year?? Like for games that have small crowds will they be more bunched together so you get the feeling that the stadium is really quite empty? I always thought it looked kinda odd seeing people scattered all over some stadiums when there was only like 15K at a game.

# 143 Bulls321974 @ 12/31/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pay_26
are already in the game since 11, what happens in the case of the Rockies is very dark purple that appears black, and does not distinguish very well.
Totally untrue! Neither the Mets, nor Colorado ever had metallic colored helmets in MLB The Show and that didn't change with last year's game. Compare it with images from "Madden" and then you will see the difference!

# 144 ghm125 @ 12/31/11 11:04 AM
so all the " clutter on screen stays? myself like it to be off...

# 145 BlingBling19 @ 12/31/11 11:11 AM
What do people expect to see? It's a VIDEO GAME. It will never look like real life. There representation of it though is better than any sports game out there.

# 146 pay_26 @ 12/31/11 11:14 AM
someone saw something like in 11 because it appears in one of the trailers

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3799/screencapture1ic.png

# 147 pay_26 @ 12/31/11 11:18 AM

# 148 pay_26 @ 12/31/11 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Totally untrue! Neither the Mets, nor Colorado ever had metallic colored helmets in MLB The Show and that didn't change with last year's game. Compare it with images from "Madden" and then you will see the difference!
this is what you mean?

# 149 Bulls321974 @ 12/31/11 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pay_26
this is what you mean?

For instance. Same goes for the Rockies helmets. There is simply no visual difference between, let's say a Dodgers helmet and this Mets helmet. They look all the same color-wise and one can't see that it is supposed to be metallic. Look at photos from Madden (e.g. the Giants, Buccaneers or 49ers) and you will instantly see what I mean.

# 150 GWPump23 @ 12/31/11 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Whether you like it or not the vita version took up a lot of time. There is no special separate development team to do it. Also, if you do not think this had any affect on things: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-director.html you are fooling yourself. Aaron, the person who is dealing with franchise now is very committed to the challenge. This is not to say there won't be any changes to franchise in 12, there will be! It may not be what everyone is expecting but life happens and we have to deal!

All franchise needs is a little tweaking & tightening IMO. I DO feel confident that it will be better, this game ALWYS gets better.

I play franchise exclusively & in fairness to SouthOakland... when swing stick & analog controls were added to "11", features many of us don't (yes, many DO) use, we were told that "Chise" (never liked that abbreviation) mode was gunna get the majority of "12's" focus...

So again & in fairness to SouthOakland... Many of us franchise guys we're starting & ending threads last season with "wait till next year". Well, "2012" iIS here ;-)

THAT said... SCEA, I LOVE you product! It' the ONLY game I play... It's FAR superior! No, "Buts" to follow...

-GW-

# 151 DJ @ 12/31/11 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like the new batting angle. The pitcher definitely looks smaller and more zoomed out. A nice change for what I like. I also like the overall pitcher confidence and fatigue meter.
Yeah, I like the new default batting angle as well. It's very similar to the setup I'm using in MLB 11, so hopefully I can jump right in and be very mediocre at the plate

I'm a "hardcore" guy, but I have no issue with the fatigue and confidence meter being on the screen. We're playing a videogame, so if the developers feel having those bars would be of benefit to the gamers, what's the big deal? I get that some people like to have a "clean" screen, but those graphics are only on the screen for a few seconds; once the pitch is on its way, the screen clears off the graphics.

People are entitled to their own opinions, but I think some of this stuff gets way overblown. Again, it's a videogame. You can choose to enjoy it, or dissect every nugget of information 100 times over until you are convinced that the game is horrible.

# 152 Falcon999 @ 12/31/11 11:48 AM
Love the new runners window. Just hope we'll see one when there's a runner on second, not just first and third base.

# 153 Knight165 @ 12/31/11 12:02 PM
Even though I'm sure I'm responding to a PBU I'll bite.

Show me one post where anyone said that this game doesn't need anything improved on. I'll save you the time. You won't find it.

That being said....

-Franchise was indeed worked on, it just hasn't received the massive overhaul that the team(Aaron in particular) wants to do. Just not enough time even if he started DAY ONE on trying to squeeze it in with the Vita development(there is just no way around not developing for the Vita...love it-hate it or be indifferent to it). So rather than have a potential huge problem with that, the team did the only smart thing they could do. Focus on tightening up franchise. I'd guess there will STILL be things changed a bit to it as well(as some were noted in a previous pre-release item).
You can just accept that as reality for now or not.
I'll stay on franchise a bit.....as I know they are working on the bugs that yes....have plagued the mode for a number of years. You will notice in the list of newcomers to the event that tabarnes is participating this year and I can guarantee that this is a direct result of the fact that he poured over franchise mode last year to figure out lingering problems(this was for the O.S. community ....not for SCEA.....just for US he spent time ripping it apart to figure things out). Ramone, who cares very much about community participation in helping develop this product realized this and what do you know.....he brought him in!
It's become a double edged sword for SCEA....allowing the community to get so involved in developing this problem. They want to involve us on every level they can, but in doing so, they are opening themselves up to what we are seeing now, guys complaining about "promises" and things they asked for.....and particularly in this sort of situation....where something out of it's control comes into the picture, making it impossible to add them all or please everyone with the changes made anyway.
IMO, some guys have really become jaded and dare I say a bit spoiled!(which is probably a GOOD thing in some way...the fact that we have become a bit spoiled....MYSELF included!) about the development of this game. We've sort of come to expect it ....if we post it......but that's not realistic and guys forget that.
It's a real shame that some guys try to capitalize on this though rather than focus on the great things done to this franchise year in and year out...
I'm going a bit off here...sorry.....
It's my end of year rant I guess!!!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 154 BlackBetty15 @ 12/31/11 12:13 PM
I agree...I mean things could be a ton worse if I were a sole 360 owner. (See what I did there) my big issue (not a game killer but rather an irk) is ramone said he did "focus groups" on mob the show the consensus stated that the show was too hard so that's why all the clutter and the hardcore group is just gonna have to deal with it...I mean he dismisses every.notion to just have the option to turn it off. Goodness sake, I mean there is a difficulty anyways for casual gamers. I just want the option to turn it off like I do the strike zone and its not that they can't its they won't or don't feel like it. It kinda feels like if I am not in the inner circle the heck with my voice.

# 155 Knight165 @ 12/31/11 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I agree...I mean things could be a ton worse if I were a sole 360 owner. (See what I did there) my big issue (not a game killer but rather an irk) is ramone said he did "focus groups" on mob the show the consensus stated that the show was too hard so that's why all the clutter and the hardcore group is just gonna have to deal with it...I mean he dismisses every.notion to just have the option to turn it off. Goodness sake, I mean there is a difficulty anyways for casual gamers. I just want the option to turn it off like I do the strike zone and its not that they can't its they won't or don't feel like it. It kinda feels like if I am not in the inner circle the heck with my voice.
He does not mean "the inner circle" when he speaks of this.
....actually what you refer to as "the inner circle" is EXACTLY where YOUR voice gets heard. Every one of the guys going to CD has a list directly from right here on O.S. right from your posts. Mine is usually 10 pages long printed directly from the threads.

M.K.
Knight165

# 156 BlackBetty15 @ 12/31/11 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
He does not mean "the inner circle" when he speaks of this.
....actually what you refer to as "the inner circle" is EXACTLY where YOUR voice gets heard. Every one of the guys going to CD has a list directly from right here on O.S. right from your posts. Mine is usually 10 pages long printed directly from the threads.

M.K.
Knight165
Lol...10 pages? Nice...look brother, when you go up there please ask someone who does that paticular area of the game to please just consider giving us the option...its all I ask and really want to happen. Game looks phenominal outside of that.

# 157 speels @ 12/31/11 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Why can't we turn the onscreen "clutter" off then!
In 12 it looks even more like your playing a videogame than in previous installments.
Make it at least a little more clean looking, now it looks like everything is thrown in the corner for the sake of having it there. Put it in a nice box or something I dunno.

Isn't this pure beauty!

Ok that was my last rant about the subject, I do like the new score overlay though
Okay, for all you people that are having a coronary episode about all the clutter and then turn around and compare it to these screenshots, in both of these, the ball is in play. The first has the pitcher starting his pitch and the second is while the pitcher is pitching.

All the "clutter" is taken off the screen when the play is started......just like every year. The "clutter" is only on the screen pre-pitch.

# 158 BlackBetty15 @ 12/31/11 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Okay, for all you people that are having a coronary episode about all the clutter and then turn around and compare it to these screenshots, in both of these, the ball is in play. The first has the pitcher starting his pitch and the second is while the pitcher is pitching.

All the "clutter" is taken off the screen when the play is started......just like every year. The "clutter" is only on the screen pre-pitch.
Lol...look man, I understand how it might be minuscule to you and in the grand scheme of things it probably is. But truth is it takes away from the broadcast experience. Period...I as a hardcore gamers want as little as HUD as I can get. It's all I can do to celebrate when I unlocked hardcore mode in mw3...It's the nroadcast/competition aspect of it all. It forces me to scout my opponent pitcher BEFOREHAND instead of having neat little bits of info about said pitcher all over my stinking screen. It's not like the batter can call time to the ump before each pitch to take a ganders at his pocket scouting guide. If we can't have the hardcore HUD, what's the point of all star and HOF difficulty then.

# 159 HustlinOwl @ 12/31/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels

exactly, do any of these people actually take the time to think before they post

# 160 BlackBetty15 @ 12/31/11 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
But in reality, when all is said and done, doesn't the math come down to this:

10 (game score) - 0.1 (HUD pre-pitch) = 9.9 (game score after subtraction)

Meaning, you're still going to rush out and buy the game Day 1 because it's a 9.9 game. And all this New Year's Eve discussion hubbub will be long forgotten.
Yes...(sigh) its a vicous cycle. Lol its always a day one buy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.