Home
NHL 12 News Post

As mentioned on the 22nd, NHL 12 patch 1.04 is available now, please post your impressions here.

For the NHL 12 1.04 patch details, click here.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 mattman2900 @ 02/08/12 09:13 PM
I didn't see it on this update patch, but I've seen it on past threads - (and I just bought this game Saturday and have everything up to date)

Auto Goalie goes to play puck behind net, gets puck and turns out of trapezoid. I try to take control of my goalie before this is going to happen but I'm always redirected to another player.

It seems to happen once or twice during a game, and usually near the end of a period. Just was playing offline exhibition game trying out goal horn song. I am playing as San Jose and my opponent is Calgary. Tied 3-3, Niemi at the start of OT plays the puck and I press and held L1 and x to try and manually control him, but nope, he turns and whistle 4-on-3 PP for Flames...

Anyone else still having this issue? I thought I'd find out to see if there was a way to minimize this happening if not completely fixing it before sending this to EASPorts NHL Dev Team.

The game is fun, and more challenging but there a few annoyances.

I seemed to be having a plethora of goals scored in the last minute of periods, for a few days while I was working out controls it was 80-20% in favor of CPU in last minute goals, now it's about 70-30% still seems like an excessive amount, since I've only played maybe 15 games (offilne). Still trying to figure some controls out and hone my game before jumping online.

# 182 MizzouRah @ 02/09/12 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I just don't understand and have no more patience to figure it out.....My PS3 got fried and I had to purchase a new one so I had to start my season over. Thank God for Matts rosters, but Im reading how everyone is getting penalties called now with update 1.04 and have tried the settings people have posted and nothing! 3 games 4 pps for CPU 0 for me.......I guess this year is lost for me and the NHL series which sucks because there is so much I do like about the game, but I cannot get past the no PPs...I just dont get it!
It's hit or miss this year. I'm not using the patch and I just had 7 total penalties in my last BAGM game, CPU took 4 and I took 3.

# 183 DJ @ 02/09/12 01:08 AM
I was at the Avs-Blackhawks game last night. Three penalties called all game, all 3 on Colorado ... just sayin'.

I've had games in NHL where I and the CPU get called for 3-5 a game, and others where there's only 1-2 called all game.

# 184 Vikes1 @ 02/09/12 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I was at the Avs-Blackhawks game last night. Three penalties called all game, all 3 on Colorado ... just sayin'.

I've had games in NHL where I and the CPU get called for 3-5 a game, and others where there's only 1-2 called all game.
This is pretty much my experience too, DJ.

Like a few guys mentioned...one thing that can help draw a few more calls on the cpu is carrying the puck a bit more. Especially in the cpu's zone. Which can lead to some hooking and slashing calls.

Off topic but...dang I wish we'd get a few more tuner sets for this years game. Granted we did get two patches this year vs the one we seem to normally get. But if I remember right, we got six tuner sets last year to help the gameplay along. Seems we're kinda getting short changed for '12'. I'd be smiling from ear to ear if we got tuners to help curb the cpu's pass accuracy [like last year] and the much mentioned pass reception ease. Just these two things imo would make such a nice difference to the gameplay. Maybe kinda silly but...the tuner set were kinda fun to download, and made me feel like the EA Canada guys were listening to us. I miss those 1.5 second downloads.

# 185 speels @ 02/09/12 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

To piggy back off this, the Maple Leafs were a perfect 17 for 17 on the PK in January. They played 13 games; that average's to 1.3 penalties/game.

Go Leafs!!!

# 186 jake19ny @ 02/09/12 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It's hit or miss this year. I'm not using the patch and I just had 7 total penalties in my last BAGM game, CPU took 4 and I took 3.
Yup...I know some don't agree with me because they are getting mixed results but for me its the patch. Deleted update 1.04 and now I'm getting good amount of calls and a wide variety. With it I was getting 0-2 a game so thats the fix for me.

# 187 actionhank @ 02/13/12 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I just don't understand and have no more patience to figure it out.....My PS3 got fried and I had to purchase a new one so I had to start my season over. Thank God for Matts rosters, but Im reading how everyone is getting penalties called now with update 1.04 and have tried the settings people have posted and nothing! 3 games 4 pps for CPU 0 for me.......I guess this year is lost for me and the NHL series which sucks because there is so much I do like about the game, but I cannot get past the no PPs...I just dont get it!
I don't know if it's because of the new update, but i got a penalty for shooting a puck into the net after the whistle (2 min. roughing) and then later got a 5 minute major for charging.

# 188 canucksss @ 02/15/12 01:27 PM
i d/l this but i use the Tuner v. 1.0 and for the first time the CPU got 5-min penalty for charging.

# 189 Rhudey @ 02/21/12 12:54 AM
Guess they've left the broken sim system as is? I like the game, but playing a season isn't very much fun when it's completely random, and the halfway point of my current season, Montreal leads the league with only 4 losses in 40 games, with the mighty Anaheim Ducks on top of the West. Detroit, Vancouver, Philadelphia and the Rangers are out of the playoff race, with the Oilers and Blue Jackets at the top of the standings as well. The absolute lack of realism and consistency in the simmed aspect of the season makes it uninteresting to me. I can sim the seasons with identical rosters and get completely different results every year, this shouldn't happen.

# 190 Splitter77 @ 03/26/12 08:17 AM
sim engine sucks in this game.
the 2k series had a great sim engine.

i might actually just buy the last 2k hockey game, so because the sim engine is better and its easier to make my own players for create team.

i just started playing nhl 12 again after about 2 months of collecting dust.
gonna start a playoff mode. season mode and dynasty is useless because of the brutal sim engine.

i just wish someone would make a good hockey game like how baseball fans have mlb the show and basketball fans have nba 2k12.

if someone ever made a pc hockey game that was amazing, I think i would actually buy a whole new pc just for the game.

# 191 mrclutch @ 04/03/12 10:11 PM
Funny little story before my impressions. Last week at Best Buy I picked up what I thought it was a copy of dead Island for the 360. It was on sale for something like six bucks so I kind of took a flyer on it. I finally got around to opening the game today and inside was NHL 12. :-)
I am a pretty casual hockey fan. I still play NHL 10 from time to time and really hadn't planned on picking up this game. I'm glad I lucked out and got it by accident.
I can't really speak to the patch. But I have to say having not played NHL 11 and only playing NHL 10 that I think this game is a pretty solid upgrade. I think it certainly feels smoother and the controls are a little bit better. I am really looking forward to getting into the game.

# 192 fillydilly @ 04/19/12 06:59 PM
My PS3 only prompts a 1.03 update and no 1.04. Whats up with that?

# 193 sebastiancane @ 06/24/12 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillydilly
My PS3 only prompts a 1.03 update and no 1.04. Whats up with that?
Closely related to this questions, I have an XBOX 360 and I am wondering how I can check if I have the last tuner set downloaded? thanks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.