Home
NHL 12 News Post

As mentioned on the 22nd, NHL 12 patch 1.04 is available now, please post your impressions here.

For the NHL 12 1.04 patch details, click here.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 canucksss @ 01/04/12 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19

And I want to ask, what is so different with the Matt guys rosters from EA's version??? Just wondering if I need to load those for myself, though in Be A GM, with trades and signings, would only matter for the first week before trades start happening...
well for one, players are on the right team, i forgot the name of that player who was in montreal but supposed to be in NYR? i know your in PS3, but he's in the process of making 1 for PS3

see this: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-1-0-ps3.html

# 82 gsize19 @ 01/04/12 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
well for one, players are on the right team, i forgot the name of that player who was in montreal but supposed to be in NYR? i know your in PS3, but he's in the process of making 1 for PS3

see this: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-1-0-ps3.html
Ok Thanks man... will try tonight...

# 83 mattg123 @ 01/04/12 02:14 PM
Quote:
Good luck... I have been OVERLY critical of the penalty (lack of) issue all year and am having no problems now.... Now it is just an issue of learning how to run a good PP again because I didn't get but 1 PP every 5 games early on, now I am getting minimum of 3 a game... Seems MUCH better now...

And I want to ask, what is so different with the Matt guys rosters from EA's version??? Just wondering if I need to load those for myself, though in Be A GM, with trades and signings, would only matter for the first week before trades start happening...
Equipment, huge ratings update, tons of KHL and NCAA prospects. 2012 prospects. Everything else updated

# 84 gsize19 @ 01/04/12 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg123
Equipment, huge ratings update, tons of KHL and NCAA prospects. 2012 prospects. Everything else updated
Cool, thanks Matt... but is this only for Xbox, or is there a PS3 version also???

# 85 canucksss @ 01/04/12 02:30 PM
Quote:
Cool, thanks Matt... but is this only for Xbox, or is there a PS3 version also???
he's working now for PS3 and he said that it will be released in a week or 2

# 86 Pythons80 @ 01/04/12 05:16 PM
Through 2 games I have noticed nothing different after downloading the Jan.4th patch for 360. Both games I took 3 penalties and got one power play. I don't really care about the other crap since I've never had a game freeze and I don't notice tiny little numbers on players helmets. I'll play a few more games and let you guys know how it is working.

# 87 RCMSfan77 @ 01/04/12 07:10 PM
I know it wasn't mentioned in the patch, but the penalties seem to be on the rise. I also noticed more aggressive play. Maybe the tuners weren't working and saving properly as the patch hinted. Who knows maybe its all a coincidence. I do like the numbers on the helmets!
Season mode
Pro
12min periods
penalties maxed/Authentic
Aggression maxed
Game 1 Blue Jackets @ Stars (Me) = 3 penalties a piece.
Game 2 Stars (Me) @ Blue Jackets = 4 penalties for the Stars (Me) and 3 for the Jackets.

I'm not counting the fighting majors.
This is up from no penalties in some of my games.

# 88 mbergh22 @ 01/04/12 08:06 PM
penalties are better. The one thing that is still not fixed is the custom music issues specially the home win song is still the intermission music! extremely annoying.

# 89 MizzouRah @ 01/04/12 10:50 PM
Only one game post patch, but I had a total of 2 penalties.. seems about the same to me. Game seemed a little bit faster with my slider settings.. which translated to a bit more frantic game pace. Also seems like the CPU missed a few more passes and played a bit differently defensively. All of that could be the effect of a patch and me wanting to see different things.. lol..

# 90 skgaia @ 01/05/12 01:29 AM
EASHL games are horrible. They "fixed" that dive thing, then made everything else involving the goalie worse. There are more garbage goals, more glitch goals, and balance literally means next to nothing now.... thanks EA......................

# 91 Gangrel @ 01/05/12 09:20 AM
I think I'm at 4 games post patch and I am averaging 4 or 5 penalties a game between teams. Better thwn before, and the calls are more varied. Cpu took a cross checking penalty against me and that's the first one I ever saw so far.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

# 92 mkharsh33 @ 01/05/12 10:04 AM
Played 3 games with new patch... I notice nothing different. cpu took 1 penalty, 1 penalty, and 0 penalty. I had 2 penalties, 1 penalty, 1 penalty.

Oh well...

# 93 aquaroll @ 01/05/12 11:34 AM
ive had 2 games after this patch, and ive had 4-5 penalties taken by the cpu in both games. penalties varied ranging from interference, trips, roughing, and elbowing etc..
also i play with seven minute periods and custom slider settings.

# 94 Bucksfan7 @ 01/05/12 12:13 PM
I noticed some choppiness post patch. In Be A Pro when my guy hits the ice on a line change, and his "endurance meter" pops up it shows up very slowly/choppy. Then at various times while on the ice, the play can be choppy.

# 95 Double-J @ 01/05/12 12:56 PM
Haven't changed my sliders since the last patch, but I'm noticing that the games feel more "random" in terms of the opponents and their effort. First post-patch game, I outshot the opponent 40-something to 10 (usually shot totals are closer with my sliders, in the 25 - 35 range for both teams). Conversely, next post-patch game, I felt like it was on another difficulty level. Still not getting consistency with penalties, either. Ho-hum.

# 96 ceky @ 01/05/12 02:30 PM
since the new patch nhl (ps3) crashes my savegames..... iwhen i first could not load my old BE a GM savegame i thought, ok, patched nhl is just not compatible with the old files..

but it tourns out i also can not load most the savegames from the new Be a GM i started...

edit: to clarify: the game just freezes at the loading screen at 100%, and now i can't even open savegames from this new career i know for certain i could open yesterday

can anyone confirm this?

# 97 speels @ 01/05/12 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceky
since the new patch nhl (ps3) crashes my savegames..... iwhen i first could not load my old BE a GM savegame i thought, ok, patched nhl is just not compatible with the old files..

but it tourns out i also can not load most the savegames from the new Be a GM i started...

edit: to clarify: the game just freezes at the loading screen at 100%, and now i can't even open savegames from this new career i know for certain i could open yesterday

can anyone confirm this?
This is an issue with the EA servers. Log off the EA servers and load your BeaGM and it should work alright after that.

# 98 gsize19 @ 01/05/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
This is an issue with the EA servers. Log off the EA servers and load your BeaGM and it should work alright after that.
Agree with this and also want to point out that at 100%, it seems to freeze, but if you wait 30-60 secs, it will allow you to enter BeAGM... Takes a while, seems to be froze, but it isn't...

# 99 scottyo60 @ 01/05/12 05:58 PM
I didnt Really get a lot of time with the game pre patch, but since the patch I play one game on all pro and feel competitive. I'll play the next game and my teammate A.I is terrible. They run into each other or block me from crossing the blue line. I stand no chance of winning... Idk if this was a problem before, but I didn't have either issue in my 10 or so games pre patch.

# 100 at74 @ 01/05/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Agree with this and also want to point out that at 100%, it seems to freeze, but if you wait 30-60 secs, it will allow you to enter BeAGM... Takes a while, seems to be froze, but it isn't...
Well, it's the same for BAP, but in all cases I tested, waiting even 5 minutes did not help. Therefore I only log in into PSN after I've loaded my BAP savegame. I haven't tested the normal way after the patch, but I'm sure the issue is due to a crappy server connection (the issue came out of nowhere as well).

The only thing I've changed was to adjust the penalty slilders for opponent AI and teammate AI. Not sure about meaningful differences between now and pre-patch. My impression is that there is more randomness about AI performance, but that's difficult to prove. After the patch I first had a W/L ration of about 2:1, but suddenly my teammates started to suck completely. I've just survived an awful L6. In the first game I was leading 4-2 in the 2nd period but suddenly all went wrong, I lost 6-4. Then one of the best games I ever had against the Flyers which I outshot, but when simulating till my next shift they scored the game-winning goal. Next game leading 2-0 but suddenly all goes wrong again. Lost 3-2 after SO. Next game leading 2-0, then 3-1, but again lost 4-3 after SO. Then a 6-0 loss against the Canadiens and then the final game of my poor L6. I was leading 4-2 (with 1G, 2A) when the game froze for the first time after the patch. I loaded again and it took the Devils 9s to score and in the end they won 8-2 scoring the most perfect cross crease goals I have ever seen (we had 39 shots, the Devils 26).

The really bad thing was not losing the games, but the way all these games changed. First everything looking normal, but suddenly my teammates started to suck (and opponents started their magic), causing turnover after turnover, not scoring at all during the simulation. I was participating in almost all these goals (G or A), but I can't do everything myself. Their passing was horrible (not sure it was much better before the patch). Anyway, I cannot remember having had such a streak before the patch. Especially in the last game (8-2) many scenes looked almost scripted. There was nothing I could do, only rub my eyes and try to stay cool...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.