Home
Grand Slam Tennis 2 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis 2 demo is available today on Xbox LIVE® and the PlayStation® Network. Start out playing as the world’s number one ranked player*, Novak Djokovic on the Practice Court to develop your shots using Total Racquet Control, and progress to Play Now to experience the rivalry of Djokovic and Rafael Nadal on Wimbledon’s Centre Court. The full game will be available in stores in North America on February 14 and elsewhere worldwide** by February 10.

EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
  • All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power.
  • Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession – including Wimbledon (exclusive to the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise).
  • PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands.
  • Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams.
  • Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass.
  • ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe, to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.

Game: Grand Slam Tennis 2Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Grand Slam Tennis 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tanner75 @ 01/25/12 01:25 AM
Actually after playing several more games on superstar using both players, the top spin shots don't always make the cpu hit the ball wide and i had some very good and tense battles.

I hope the small bugs in the demo are ironed out as i really love the gameplay in this game, look forward to reading the reviews!

# 62 jyoung @ 01/26/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
yea how come we can get all these Tennis games an no NCAA Basketball
Tennis games sell real well in Europe. Usually in the millions.

College Hoops has no foreign presence and can't even crack half a million sales in the States.

# 63 Methlab @ 01/26/12 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I like it, but I have no idea how to beat anyone that goes to net.

It seems that once they go to net, I can't hit a shot past them and if I lob, they always get to it and just slam the ball past me.

Is there something I'm supposed to be doing while lobbing? It just floats in the air, and I can't for the life of me get the ball to slice around the line (I know this is a hard shot in real life, but I'd like to at least try to attempt it) so that it can pass by the volleyer.
Do not lob. Aim cross court and then let go and hit down the line for the passing shot winner.

Rather satisfying.

I am not sure why some people say pro is easier..I beat pro 3-0 in less than 5 minutes. I have not dropped a game on superstar in weeks...bring on the real version!!!!!

# 64 mestevo @ 01/26/12 03:08 PM
Might have scored more points in one match in the demo than I ever have in Top Spin 3, and I own that game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 65 canucksss @ 01/26/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Tennis games sell real well in Europe. Usually in the millions.

College Hoops has no foreign presence and can't even crack half a million sales in the States.
this is true.... TS and VT releases their games every other year which CH can do as well or perhaps every 2 years instead of every year. just send the us roster updates and we'll be fine. i still play CH 2k8..... although graphics fails when compared to latest NBA, but the gameplay is superb.

going back to tennis..... i know this game is great based on the demo. but knowing EA (i have the NHL 12, yearly i get this series), i doubt every games they have. ask ps3 owners who have NHL 12 and they will tell you its full of bugs and freezing issues.

i'll just keep on checking this forum and see how you guys finding this GST2. and perhaps by summer i will have a decision whether to buy it or not

# 66 SteelerSpartan @ 01/26/12 07:30 PM
hmm, I haven't bought a Tennis game since the original XNS Top Spin on Xbox.....played that one quite a bit until I got tired of Sampras Net Huggers

As with any sports game, I'll be looking for the Sliders/Options/AI Tendencies...That is not one of EAs stronger traits

I will say Im not a huge tennis buff, only really like watching Nadal in the majors( Go Rafa!!)....so maybe Im not picking up on all the flaws of the demo, and Ive had a decently fun time with it.........

However I have a uneasy feeling that this game will be more like Fight Night Champion then NHL

I hope its not littered with bugs and broken sliders/AI

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.