Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GWPump23 @ 01/11/12 03:21 AM
Thanks Blzr...

Looks like the ball comes off the bat faster this year...

-GW-

# 2 authentic @ 01/11/12 03:31 AM
Awesome first video. It looks like the redid the hats on players. Latos' hat looked a lot different than past games. I'm not really an analog hitting type guy so that's not real relevant to me. The new pitching system is pretty cool. Might be something to look into. Couldn't really tell much of the new ball physics, but it looks about the same. More videos should help with this. Overall, it looks very crisp and lifelike. The new presentation system looks very good. I hope the commentary got a big upgrade. I'm sure this is a light build too. I shouldn't have watched this, now I'm too excited for it!

# 3 Geolink @ 01/11/12 04:18 AM
I like that they don't show the player's picture when their up to bat or pitching.

In real life broadcast they only show it when they show the fielders at the beginning and in between innings when they show who's coming to bat.

# 4 Geolink @ 01/11/12 04:20 AM
Excited to hear more about "Diamond Dynasty" mode.

# 5 authentic @ 01/11/12 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
I like that they don't show the player's picture when their up to bat or pitching.

In real life broadcast they only show it when they show the fielders at the beginning and in between innings when they show who's coming to bat.
It will also be kind of nice when we call up prospects without actual pictures. A nice add. Now when I call up a prospect created by Knight I'll never know he was created. Nice catch, I didn't even notice that!

# 6 Cubfan @ 01/11/12 04:54 AM
Diamond Dynasty cant wait to hear more about it. Not a fan of the pulse of pulse pitching its to distracting.

# 7 rudyjuly2 @ 01/11/12 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Diamond Dynasty cant wait to hear more about it. Not a fan of the pulse of pulse pitching its to distracting.
I think it looks more distracting because of the batter view. I think it may look a lot better from a zoomed out behind the pitcher view (my personal preference, like Minnesota's camera). I am definitely interested in it. Very much like a Classic pitching method with some user input that affects things.

# 8 Cubfan @ 01/11/12 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think it looks more distracting because of the batter view. I think it may look a lot better from a zoomed out behind the pitcher view (my personal preference, like Minnesota's camera). I am definitely interested in it. Very much like a Classic pitching method with some user input that affects things.
Good point rudyjuly i always pitch from the pitcher view i hope pulsing looks smaller.

# 9 PsychoBulk @ 01/11/12 06:35 AM
Excellent first vid.

True Broadcast Pres looks like it will really add to the immersion factor, not sure on Pulse might stick to meter but a nice addition all the same.

Plenty of positives here and no doubt this is an old old build as when the batters were coming up the OSD showed their 2010 stats and not 2011 as the retail obviously will.

Great start

# 10 Doormat @ 01/11/12 08:22 AM
The way the ball went out of Howard's bat.. his batting stance.. the awesome new cut scenes.. I love you SCEA i'm definitely getting my money's worth for both versions of the game (Vita and PS3)

# 11 davis420 @ 01/11/12 08:24 AM
This video has me getting my "sick" days ready! lol

# 12 green94 @ 01/11/12 08:36 AM
Does the batter box really get rechalked every 3 innings? I noticed that on last years game and see that it is still in MLB12.

# 13 CeltBhoy33 @ 01/11/12 08:42 AM
Cheers for the video! Has me really excited.

# 14 Qb @ 01/11/12 08:55 AM
I plan on watching at least one more time to try to catch some of the smaller details, but the new camera cuts between pitches immediately jumped out at me. It really adds some life to the game. I dig it.

# 15 Azamien @ 01/11/12 09:09 AM
The video looks good, and I'm looking forward to the game, but...

Not only is "Generic 1" pitching animation still in the game (WHY?) but both pitchers were using it.

I know it's probably just a placeholder on an early build for those pitchers, but I was really hoping that awkward, old-fashioned animation would be gone completely, or at least no longer the default one for pitchers that don't have one assigned to them.

# 16 Bulls321974 @ 01/11/12 09:10 AM
That new broadcast presentation is great. I love it. Adds so much intensity and realism to the game. Hats off, guys! More vids, please!!!

# 17 Perfect Zero @ 01/11/12 09:40 AM
I really like the new pitching method. It's what I've wanted from this game almost to a tee, so I'm defiantly going to be using it. I'll try the new analogue stick method, but I was hoping that it would be a bit more like PYS than the circle that we have now.

The cutscenes look great, the game looks like it flows well, and SCEA might be getting another $60 from me this year.

# 18 HustlinOwl @ 01/11/12 09:58 AM
Russell thanks for the quick video of Reds and showing Latos, now time for DIAMOND DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!

# 19 thaSLAB @ 01/11/12 10:08 AM
In my opinion, all the OSDs, splash screens, start menus are perfect!

# 20 ckarlic @ 01/11/12 10:10 AM
Wow...really liking what im seeing. Love the true broadcast feel as well as pulse pitching. I didn't think I was going to try pulse pitching but I think im going to give it a fair try. I also like the way the ball came off of Howards bat towards the end of the video...i can see the new ball physics.

Can't Wait!!!!

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.