Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 adambaseball @ 01/11/12 10:21 AM
the game looks awesome. but, where is the other half of the bill on latos' hat? that thing looks like one of those military hats.

# 22 adambaseball @ 01/11/12 10:26 AM
also, i love that they are further tweaking batting stances. some of them last year were so far off that i edited almost everybody's, including players with their own "signature" stance. rolen and bruce's are looking much better.

# 23 Motown @ 01/11/12 10:26 AM
Hmm, Russ is a closet REDS fan I see...well, WAS I came away TOTALLY impressed from what I saw just now. As usual, The SCEA team delivers again. Props fellaz

# 24 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/11/12 10:28 AM
I love how Howard didn't roll his wrists and the swing was actually an opposite field hit animation.

# 25 DetroitStyle @ 01/11/12 10:30 AM
I thought they added fielders closing their gloves when making catches. Didn't see it in the video, instead I saw the catcher leave his glove open when receiving the pitch lol. Also, Cliff Lee looks crosseyed. But that was more humorous than anything.

Overall looks great, I'm getting pretty excited.

# 26 Ollienyy @ 01/11/12 10:31 AM
Loving the presentation. The replay screenwipes looks so much more 'broadcast authentic.' The cutscenes in between pitches looks great and seems to be a more polished, refined version of another game that had them back in 2009. The flash is still there though at certain points which is very disappointing IMO.

Not a fan of the new pitching. Seems more like a gimmick. But heck, at least SCEA are not forcing us to use this as the only mode. Can't wait till we get some better vids with a look at a newer version of the game.

# 27 Motown @ 01/11/12 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
Loving the presentation. The replay screenwipes looks so much more 'broadcast authentic.' The cutscenes in between pitches looks great and seems to be a more polished, refined version of another game that had them back in 2009. The flash is still there though at certain points which is very disappointing IMO.

Not a fan of the new pitching. Seems more like a gimmick. But heck, at least SCEA are not forcing us to use this as the only mode. Can't wait till we get some better vids with a look at a newer version of the game.
Hmm, I wonder if the pulse effect, w/ pulse overlay off work on classic pitching too? I can't see how that would work now that i think about it...unless by dual shock maybe

# 28 econoodle @ 01/11/12 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
I like that they don't show the player's picture when their up to bat or pitching.

In real life broadcast they only show it when they show the fielders at the beginning and in between innings when they show who's coming to bat.

i loved that too.

love the cutaways in between pitches.
i couldn't tell but were those real time? or cut scenes?

can't wait to see more OSD's from franchise mode.

Diamond Dynasty? online only?

# 29 Rules @ 01/11/12 10:50 AM
This is going to cause people to have seizures.

# 30 coolio83 @ 01/11/12 10:52 AM
couple things:

Liked that after the K, there WAS NOT a fist pump

BUT, kinda sadden that the crowd still looks dead, especially during the triple that mayberry hit the crowd should be jumping or something. Hopefully they improve the crowds in the playoffs or rivalry games (Mets/Phillies Yanks/Red Soxs), would love to see waving towels or a white out

# 31 DJ @ 01/11/12 10:58 AM
Pulse Pitching is something I will try, and I think it will look better when you use Broadcast view for pitching.

Zone Analog ... there's no way I'm using that. I'm glad it's in there for those that want it, but I know that I will be very unsuccessful with that setup, so I'll stick to Timing.

I'd like to see more CPU vs. CPU video to get a feel for the Broadcast Presentation, and hopefully with some commentary as well.

# 32 LastActionHero @ 01/11/12 11:03 AM
Loving the cut scenes in between pitches!!! Makes it all flow so much better and really feels like...well a true broadcast

The new team logo whipe before a replay also looks slick.

The ball really pops off the bat now!

MORE!!!!

# 33 PsychoBulk @ 01/11/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
I thought they added fielders closing their gloves when making catches. Didn't see it in the video, instead I saw the catcher leave his glove open when receiving the pitch lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Plenty of positives here and no doubt this is an old old build as when the batters were coming up the OSD showed their 2010 stats and not 2011 as the retail obviously will.
Old build for sure...

# 34 thaSLAB @ 01/11/12 11:26 AM
Lee and Latos were definitely closing their gloves.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 35 Falcon999 @ 01/11/12 11:27 AM
At 2:15, with a runner on third and groundball to second who throws to 1st. Would like after the out the first baseman to take a look at the runner on third. He keeps looking at his second baseman. Hey wake up man !! :-) well I've seen that play in real life as too ;-)

EDIT: I just watched it again. My bad, the runner scored on that play !!

# 36 nemesis04 @ 01/11/12 11:32 AM
Did anyone notice the added option on how the hot and cold zones will display?

# 37 ARoid1313 @ 01/11/12 11:41 AM
Thumbs up for the new broadcast mode, and new overlays, Looks very cool . Thumbs down to the identical grass texture, game color pallet, and fielding cameras.

# 38 thaSLAB @ 01/11/12 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Did anyone notice the added option on how the hot and cold zones will display?
And how the scorebug didn't necessarily disappear on all camera cut. And multi-view replays...

# 39 brrmikey @ 01/11/12 11:59 AM
All the new information and video is wonderful. I wonder if we'll be able to use the new zone/analog hitting and pulse pitching with the cursors not being visible. Probably pretty sure bet for the zone/analog hitting, but maybe not for the pulse pitching if there isn't some sort of vibration behinds the scenes for it. But I still want to SCEA for the new info.

# 40 nemesis04 @ 01/11/12 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
And how the scorebug didn't necessarily disappear on all camera cut. And multi-view replays...
Yup, there are a lot of goodies in that vid. People are sleeping in this thread!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.