Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 NYYanks26 @ 01/11/12 01:47 PM
Looking good as usual.

Diamond Dynasty, love the name! Can't wait for some info.

# 62 Blzer @ 01/11/12 01:56 PM
Hmm, the "Controller Calibration" option looks interesting. It might allude to how people sometimes naturally shoot a bit more towards one o'clock when using their thumb on the right stick for something they anticipate to go straight up the middle (and perhaps the same with the left stick). That, or it might have to do with six-axis control or overall TV input lag timing.

It was tough to hear the game itself, but I could definitely hear some different sounds off the bat. I can also see a new kind of way that the ball is reacting once it's hit off the bat with certain spins, plus how it takes hops off the ground. Didn't get a chance to see choppers or bloopers in this video, but the only disappointing looking hit was the first Mayberry foul ball (I don't know if that kind of hit is possible in real life, and it's been present in this game for a little while). Everything else looked great.

Speaking of hitting, it also looks like we have a better range of good contact this year. The CPU was batting during it, but when Stubbs lined out to left, he definitely went down for the pitch... something that wasn't too common to do in the previous games. Also, the umpires seem to be calling wider strikes, which probably opens up our window of hitting a bit more (provided that we put the PCI in the right spot).

I'm totally digging the new TBP elements! I have no idea why 2K Sports ripped all of that between pitch stuff out after 2K9, because I personally thought it was so fascinating. I'm glad to see it translated over here. I wonder how many in-between cut variations there are, especially if they start talking about a player that's in the field or in the dugout or something.

Also, somebody says the gloves aren't closing. They are, including the catcher's glove.

Finally, this might be analyzing the video a bit too much, but I had a tough grasp on what time of day this game was being played at. Based on some of the field lighting, lack of cloud cover, and the way the ball came to the plate etc. (plus the helmet reflections), I would say that it's a night game. But in the fifth inning, it was still pretty light. I think the CBP clock also said 8:30 at one point as well. Maybe they're still tweaking the lighting progression, so it all wasn't in this build or something.

# 63 nomo17k @ 01/11/12 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hmm, the "Controller Calibration" option looks interesting. It might allude to how people sometimes naturally shoot a bit more towards one o'clock when using their thumb on the right stick for something they anticipate to go straight up the middle (and perhaps the same with the left stick). That, or it might have to do with six-axis control or overall TV input lag timing.
I hope the controller calibration includes analog stick calibration! I can really make use of that myself...

Remember there will be the Move support as well, and that thing certainly needs calibration.

# 64 Blzer @ 01/11/12 02:03 PM
Bah, totally forgot about the Move! I have to start asking questions about that in the gameplay concerns thread!

# 65 thaSLAB @ 01/11/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Hmm... noticed the SS doesn't come over and get in proper position to cut the ball off on the oppo hit by Howard.

He moves towards short center instead of heading over more to left. A bad throw to the cutoff ends up in RF.
I noticed that too... I think the shift had him a little discombobulated, LOL

# 66 adambaseball @ 01/11/12 02:24 PM
did anybody notice if the catcher(s) still all looked mike lavalliere (big belly) because of the chest guard?

# 67 tvman @ 01/11/12 02:38 PM
My guess on Diamond Dynasty is that it is some kind of card game.

# 68 YanksFan4Life @ 01/11/12 02:48 PM
When you pause the video @ 4:23 the catcher's gear floats off his back(also noticeable on his leg gear). I know that's been in there for ages, BUT just curious, is it a console limitation? Not a game breaker by any means but still takes away a bit from the immersion haha...

btw game looks amazing...

# 69 WarningTrackPower @ 01/11/12 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Didn't get a chance to see choppers or bloopers in this video, but the only disappointing looking hit was the first Mayberry foul ball (I don't know if that kind of hit is possible in real life, and it's been present in this game for a little while)

Speaking of hitting, it also looks like we have a better range of good contact this year. The CPU was batting during it, but when Stubbs lined out to left, he definitely went down for the pitch... something that wasn't too common to do in the previous games. Also, the umpires seem to be calling wider strikes, which probably opens up our window of hitting a bit more (provided that we put the PCI in the right spot).
It seemed to me that Mayberry was early on his swing and also swung over the top of it. According to the PCI, (which also includes STRIDE TIMING) he cued it off the end of the bat. Given that information, it would seem possible, though I've never faced a major league slider before.

As for the wider range of good contact, I would completely agree. I spoke of Ryan Howard's opposite field hit quite a few posts back and how nice it looked. My first thought when I saw that hit was that he went down to get it. It's a small sample size, but opposite field hitting looks to be improved. Here's to hoping you can't hit opposite field HRs on fastballs up and in.

On another note: did any notice the slide into third by Mayberry on his "triple?" I could be wrong, but is that a new feet first sliding animation?

# 70 Flightwhite24 @ 01/11/12 03:04 PM
The game looks as "Hot" as always

# 71 zippy2212 @ 01/11/12 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Love the pulse pitching. Will definitely be using this.

Also, I already see a couple minor improvements on equipment that I was complaining about only a couple of weeks ago; shin guards that properly fit a players leg/pant-style (not sure if they're wearing it correctly, though...) and I think I spotted a new cleat design on few players (see Drew Stubbs) to mimick those Nike cleats with the white toe...
Looks like there are some new batting glove options this year as well.

So far the game looks awesome.

# 72 thaSLAB @ 01/11/12 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life
When you pause the video @ 4:23 the catcher's gear floats off his back(also noticeable on his leg gear). I know that's been in there for ages, BUT just curious, is it a console limitation? Not a game breaker by any means but still takes away a bit from the immersion haha...

btw game looks amazing...
It's done for collision/self-clipping purposes, and the straps aren't clipping into the jersey as it moves. I guess it could be considered a limitation, since you'd have to code physics characterizations for each strap, as well as the jerseys and bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
Looks like there are some new batting glove options this year as well.

So far the game looks awesome.

# 73 kt-od @ 01/11/12 03:22 PM
I could be wrong but I noticed that the catcher's mask looks updated. It doesn't look like the generic design from years past. It looks more RL.

# 74 Pared @ 01/11/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
I certainly do not play in the National League but that grass looks like exactly what I want in Target Field. If it is changed in TF I will be plopping down some cash for this game no doubt.

Seriously, that looks awesome.

I cannot be sure tbh as some are saying it is exactly the same.

And I must ask then if this is true, who is doing the Phillies Stadium vs Target then as the Target Field grass is horrendous is 11--looks like somebody never went or ever saw a pic of Target Field--and how can there be such a gaping disparity?

I just hope Target doesn't look like the dull and dead field it looked like last year on the ground.
Can you let this go?

There are about 6 individuals headed to Sony that will be going over graphical concerns next week at the home offices of San Diego Studios and directly collaborating with developers. I think you've made your point enough where you don't have to spam every single thread about it.

I know many are NOT looking forward to discussing because of the simple fact that you felt the need to post about it 135 times in the past few weeks when EVERYONE has seen your posts and get the point.

# 75 The Kid 24 @ 01/11/12 03:36 PM
Damn that video was E P I C!!! Can't wait to see more videos, come on CES 2012 please get here now!!

Even as a Brewer fan... I love seeing updated stances for Rolen, Bruce & Stubbs... I can't wait to see more stances!!!

# 76 thaSLAB @ 01/11/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Can you let this go?

There are about 6 individuals headed to Sony that will be going over graphical concerns next week at the home offices of San Diego Studios and directly collaborating with developers. I think you've made your point enough where you don't have to spam every single thread about it.

I know many are NOT looking forward to discussing because of the simple fact that you felt the need to post about it 135 times in the past few weeks when EVERYONE has seen your posts and get the point.
Kind of how Ramone felt about all the Braves fans' "concerns" last year, lol.

# 77 Blzer @ 01/11/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Kind of how Ramone felt about all the Braves fans' "concerns" last year, lol.
Is that all it's been?

# 78 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/11/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
I appreciate SCEA and their creativity but the pulse pitching graphic was giving me a headache.

Edit

Maybe they could give an option to customize the display such as making it less opaque it would be easier to look at over and over.
An opacity slider for the OSD's when hitting and pitching would be a great thing to have. A lot of PC games do this.

# 79 nemesis04 @ 01/11/12 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
An opacity slider for the OSD's when hitting and pitching would be a great thing to have. A lot of PC games do this.
I would be up for that. Actually staring at that pulsating circle gives you a little anxiety, lol.

# 80 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/11/12 03:55 PM
Game does not come out for well over 2 months.

You have plenty of time to preorder and/or cancel.

Even if someone saw Target now, and it is not "changed". Does not mean it won't be. This is not the most recent build. New builds go out practically hourly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.