Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Hey all,

So I'm looking to find out all that I can about stadium-specific songs for NFL teams in the league. So with that in mind, give me all that you can as it relates to your home squad's stadium-specific tunes!

I'm looking for things that affect kickoffs, 1st downs, red zone, touchdown, play reviews/challenges, general time outs, etc.

I'll take as many responses as you can dish out so name as many scenario-specific moments as you wish as long as they're authentic to that team/stadium.

Thanks everybody.

(PS, don't read into this very deeply, it's more just something I was asked to do out of curiosity.)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BigVin95 @ 01/18/12 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0IkW6XRSik&feature=plcp&context=C31a8829UDOEgsToPDskIsKOlzri8gMjEmO2CLZY-4

# 62 alan707415 @ 01/18/12 10:19 PM
2011-2012 San Francisco 49ers Team anthem is called "Who's Got It Better" by Bailey

# 63 alan707415 @ 01/18/12 10:22 PM
2011-2012 San Francisco 49ers team anthem "Who's Got It Better" by Bailey video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5Eld-KRuQ&feature=related

# 64 TitanUP2 @ 01/19/12 12:50 AM
Tennessee Titans - LP FIELD

Player INTROS:
Right before the team comes out of the tunnel the first 2:30 of the song is played:
O Fortuna - Carmina Burana - Carl Orff
(link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daeG0xLWEmw&feature=related)

Once it gets close to that 2:30 point the announcer says "And here they are your (Insert current year here) Teeeennneeeeesssseeeee Titannnns." while the players start running out of the tunnel. After the word "Titans" the music switches to
Hell's Bells - ACDC
This is played all the way through until the end of the indvidual starters being introduced.>>

Kickoffs:
On the opening kickoff when the players start to take their kickoff postions.
The song:
Let's Go - Lil John (clean version of course) plays. Over that song we get a rendition of Michael Buffer's Lets Get Ready to Rumble!
The sequence goes like this:
song starts then on that Buffer says "Titans fans are you reaaaady?...(pause)....LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMMBLE!!!! song plays till the ball is kicked"

All other kickoffs are just generic stadium pump me up music.

False Starts:
Every time the opposing team false starts Ric Flair comes on the jumbotron and does his WOOOOOO!!! a few times.
Here is the exact video (Also used during key need noise making events):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kix8y...eature=related
& Here is the video used on the jumbo tron after 3rd false start:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGd-M...eature=related

Timeouts/TV Timeouts:
In both the 1st and 3rd quarter in one of the Timeouts they do the packers famous "Go PACK Go" Instead of Go Pack GO its GO TITANS GO with a different beat!
Here is the song/Chant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGV4...eature=related

At the end of the 3rd going into the 4th TV time out. They play the song:
Johnny Cash - Folsum Prison Blues

It plays but suddenly it stops then Terry Tate (the office linebacker) comes on the jumbotron and does his "pain train" thing then the song starts again and the crowd sings along till play resumes.
Here is a video of how the sequence goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFforiyDx4

Field Goals Good:
When the Titans kick a successful field goal this song is played:
The Knack - My Sharona

It is actully a remix instead of saying "My Sharona" at the chorus of the song it says "My Bironas" in honor of our current kicker Rob Bironas.

Touchdowns/PAT:
9 times out of 10 when the Titans score a TD this song is used:
Whoomp There it is -TAG TEAM
The song starts at the chorus "whoomp there it is..whoomp there..."then plays till the PAT is attempted. After the PAT is attempted usually it switches to a generic stadium pump up song until the kickoff happens.

Turnover,Big stop by defense:
Usually on a turnover this song is used:
Song 2 - Blur
Usually starts at the chorus where he says "wooo hoo..." then plays till ready for play.
I have also heard this on big stops by the defense.

Challenges/Replays:
During challenges and video review this song is used:
Foreigner - Double Vision
This plays until play is resumed.

End of Game:
If the Tians win it's usually these two songs:
Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
Kool & the Gang - Celebration
When its a loss its usually just a random generic upbeat song. I've noticed no particular song choices in this one.

My family has had season tickets since day 1 back in 1999 when the Titans moved to Tennessee. I started going to all the games starting back in '04 and have only missed 2 games since then. I'm sure i missed something but thats about as best as I can remember on what is played during the games.

I hope this helps. I can't wait to see what the audio rehaul is going to look like. We already have half the step to an authentic gameday experiance,which are the team intros. I hope we can get the stadium specific audio to go with those. It will bring the game to a whole new level.

Also thank you for communicating with US. IMO it is always reassuring when we have somebody that's making the game to peek their head in and asking questions to the people that love the game and to get their feedback on helping making the game better.

# 65 ChaseB @ 01/19/12 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
I'm not writing this to be disrespectful, so please don't take this that way. This thread is labeled that it is for feedback, and as such I wanted to give feedback about the question you are asking.

When I first saw this thread, I actually thought it was supposed to be placed in the NCAA football forum, and I was/am concerned when I realized it's intended place is where you put it. I know the Madden team had success this year with adding entrances to the game, but outside of a few recognizable chants (J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS), the "pageantry" of the game isn't as important to the NFL like it is to college football.

You don't have to look much further then this thread to see that most people really don't even know what song is played and when in NFL stadiums. If this thread was posted in the NCAA Forum asking for the same information, I can all but guarantee you would have well beyond 7 or so pages of response. Most of which would be very detailed and very accurate.

NFL Football is not College Football. The things that are important to college fans are not as important to NFL fans and vice versa. For example, an NFL fan would care more about sack and TD celebrations specific to each player, while a college fan cares more about what song is played in The Swamp after a sack of the opposing quarterback.

I'm not saying some teams don't have some really great stadium traditions, I'm sure most do. I'm also pretty sure most people have probably only been to a handful of NFL games. The professional broadcasts themselves between the two sports are completely different. You're lucky to catch the JETS chant on TV once or twice a game, but you're guaranteed to hear "Rocky Top" a good 30 plus times when tuning into a Saturday in Knoxville.

If your goal with this fact finding mission is to give us the best Sunday experience, then I would say the best information any of us can give back to you guys is to watch the teams home games on television and try to recreate that experience. Taking us to Reliant Stadium or The Link would be kind of cool, but it's not going to have the same effect on your end user as taking us to The Big House or The Zoo.

I hope I've not wasted too much of your time, and I hope you are able to gather the information you are looking for. I just hope you're looking in the right places for things fans notice about both the NFL and NCAA games.
I felt no disrespect, quite the opposite. If I may go off on a tangent for a moment, it always seems like the ones who say "I mean no disrespect" are generally the most respectful online.

Anyway, I agree with you about the pageantry, but I think it would be more about bringing something authentic to the table with this music stuff. In addition, I also agree with you that authentic in NFL football does certainly relate more to delivering authentic personality to the players rather than proper stadium music.

Beyond that, yes I think the first focus should be delivering a TV-like experience before a stadium-like experience for a NFL game.

The feedback is appreciated.

# 66 Sim Easy @ 01/19/12 06:35 AM
ChaseB, I see your the new audio designer. First, congratulations on that. Second, I understand your looking for stadium music but I'm pretty much agreeing with the previous poster reference the NCAA and Madden comparison.

Reference the audio in Madden, if you could turn the volume back up on the player chatter on the field that would be greatly appreciated. I'm confused as to why the volume was ever turned down in the first place, but it added a great deal to the immersion. The only version I remember it being available was 08.

I'm sure it's still there because you can hear it very faintly in the background but it seems to be disconnected from the "on the field" volume slider in the settings menu. With the slider maxed out I'm expecting to hear the contact sounds and **** talking on the field. Theres nothing like hearing the defense yelling "run run!" or " don't come this way", etc, etc. Thanks.

# 67 CarryTheWeight @ 01/19/12 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Also a canon or firework sound after every touchdown, pat, or field goal, and also during the National Anthem. With going to as many games as i have they really need to update their sound system. It's horrible.
Thank you. Going to update my original post with your observations, if you don't mind...fireworks go off after every PAT/field goal at Ralph Wilson Stadium, just before "Shout" plays.

Speaking of "Shout", the fans clap along with the beat and chant in response with the "HEY-EY-EY-EY" portion that the Madden version begins on. Probably the most popular portion of that theme and the one that gets the most people fired up. Would be awesome if Madden captured this in-game. You don't hear it that often on TV but it is LOUD in the stadium. Just think what would happen if this team was consistently successful!

# 68 mm boost @ 01/19/12 11:06 PM
To go along with the audio...music, atmosphere, etc. I would LOVE for this first time in the history of the Madden or even NCAA games that lets say I am on the road as the Cowboys against the Arizona Cardinals. If you've ever seen a live telecast, there seems like there are more Cowboy fans at a Cardinal home game than there are Cardinal fans. So if I score a touchdown with Dallas, the crowd shouldn't just go mute. There should still be plenty of crowd reaction, even if you mix cheers and boos in. This has been something that has always bothered me and something that seems to take a lot away from the presentation. I HATE playing in the away games for the simple fact that when I score a touchdown, the crowd goes into mute mode. I feel like ramping up crowd interaction would go a loooooooonnnnnnggggg ways with the Madden world than it would with authentic stadium music. Obviously, we would like both of these, but I feel like the crowd needs some major work as well.

To build off of this, once playoffs/superbowl began, the loudness level should be equal for both teams, no matter who scores. And if I am home in the Superbowl with Dallas, you shouldn't be hearing defensive chants when Dallas is on defense and absolutely nothing for the opposing team. It should be split 50/50. Chase, I don't know what you do and don't have control over, but I firmly feel like if you could improve this area, that it would make this entire game and the entire stadium atmosphere come alive. To add even more to this game, it would be nice if certain triggers were implemented in the code for the crowds to get loud or boo given the situation. If romo comes out and throws a big interception, the crowd should start throwing in some boos and have an "unsettled" sound to them. Things like this would be a complete presentation game changer to me.

Regardless with what you do, congrats on your position Chase and I can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

# 69 pf8363 @ 01/21/12 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Thank you. Going to update my original post with your observations, if you don't mind...fireworks go off after every PAT/field goal at Ralph Wilson Stadium, just before "Shout" plays.

Speaking of "Shout", the fans clap along with the beat and chant in response with the "HEY-EY-EY-EY" portion that the Madden version begins on. Probably the most popular portion of that theme and the one that gets the most people fired up. Would be awesome if Madden captured this in-game. You don't hear it that often on TV but it is LOUD in the stadium. Just think what would happen if this team was consistently successful!
Ain't that the truth.

# 70 fringeelement @ 01/22/12 04:41 AM
I'm pretty sure they've been mentioned but just wanted to stress the two biggies for the Steelers:

Alan Parsons Project's Sirius for intros and Styx' Renegade, once per game when the defense takes the field needing a critical stop.

It would be AMAZING if you could get these into the games, or at least allow us to import our own music. It's awesome that you have the "Heath" and "Here we go Steeler" chants in there, but those two songs are MASSIVE parts of the Heinz Field experience. Oh, and be sure to tell someone in the art dept to get some Terrible Towels waving up in there.

# 71 raiderzride4free @ 01/23/12 06:32 AM
OAKLAND RAIDERS

entrance music is hells bells by AC/DC
after each touchdown the raiders theme song is played (easy to find but i dont know who made it)
during kick offs they play multiple different songs but i hear welcome to the jungle the jungle and for whom the bell tolls the most. hope this helps. would love to have these songs playing in madden.

if i may suggest, why not just give the users the ability to assign mp3 songs to different things. i know a TON of people have been asking for that feature for years.

# 72 Chiefsfan881129 @ 01/23/12 09:14 PM
For the chiefs I know for the kickoff returns we use Ozzie Ozborn Crazy Train and after touchdowns or FG's we use gary glitter rock n roll part 2 song or something like that however we chant we're gonna beat the hell out of you you you you you but in madden 11 they used were going to beat the heck out of you you you you you also for the pre game we use a song played by sownds called chop it up I have the mp3 if u guys at tribourn need it plus during the star spangled banner at the end we use and the home of the chiefs!!!! Plus we have fireworks and stuff shoot from the stadium after a score! I know there more do once I look up the music I'll post it thanks!

# 73 Chiefsfan881129 @ 01/23/12 09:52 PM
here another update from arrowhead stadium music that comfrims my ones above i know there more but i am still searching for the names and when they were played but this will get u by for now also i must note the Chiefs Rumble has been in place since 2009 and are still doing it as of today as i seen them in the parking lot of arrowhead at a few games this year i went too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs

Culture[edit] Fan base
Arrowhead Stadium boasts one of the best homefield advantages in the NFL.The Chiefs boast one of the most loyal fanbases in the NFL.[66][75] Kansas City is the sixth-smallest media market with an NFL team, but they have had the second-highest attendance average over the last decade.[70] Studies by Bizjournals in 2006 gave the Chiefs high marks for consistently drawing capacity crowds in both good seasons and bad.[76] The Chiefs averaged 77,300 fans per game from 1996 to 2006, second in the NFL behind the Washington Redskins.[76] The franchise has an official fan club called Chiefs Nation which gives members opportunities to ticket priority benefits and VIP treatment.[77][78]

At the end of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at home games, Chiefs fans intentionally yell "and the home of the CHIEFS!" where traditionally "the brave" is sung.[79] In 1996, general manager Carl Peterson said "We all look forward, not only at Arrowhead, but on the road, too, to when we get to that stanza of the National Anthem... Our players love it."[79] After the September 11, 2001 attacks, Chiefs fans refrained from doing so in honor of those who lost their lives in the tragedy and continued to do so for the remainder of the 2001 season.[80] At the Chiefs' September 23, 2001 home game against the New York Giants, fans gave the opposing Giants a standing ovation.[69] This was one of the few known times in Chiefs history where the home crowd welcomed an opposing team onto the field without booing.[80]

After every Chiefs touchdown at home games, fans chant while pointing in the direction of the visiting team and fans, "We're gonna beat the hell outta you...you...you, you, you, you!" over the song "Rock and Roll Part 2."[81] The chant starts after the third "hey!" in the song.[81] The version of the song by Gary Glitter was previously used until the NFL banned his music from its facilities in 2006 following the British rocker's conviction on sexual abuse charges in Vietnam.[81] A cover version of the song played by Tube Tops 2000 has been played since 2006 at every home game.[81] Chiefs fans also make occasional use of "The War Chant" and "Tomahawk Chop" during games.[82]

[edit] Tony DiPardoFrom various periods between 1963 to the 2008 season, trumpeter Tony DiPardo and The T.D. Pack Band played live music at every Chiefs home game.[83][84] The band was known as The Zing Band when the team was located at Municipal Stadium. DiPardo was honored by head coach Hank Stram in 1969 with a Super Bowl ring for the team's victory in Super Bowl IV.[83] When his health was declining, DiPardo took a leave of absence from the band from 1983 to 1988.[84] DiPardo's daughter took over as bandleader in 1989, by which time DiPardo returned to the band by popular demand.[84][85] For the 2009 season, due to renovations at Arrowhead Stadium, the band did not return to perform at the stadium.

DiPardo passed away on January 27, 2011, at age 98. He had been hospitalized since December 2010 after suffering a brain aneurysm.[86]

[edit] Chiefs RumbleThe Kansas City Chiefs founded a team drumline a few years ago. The Chiefs Rumble play in the parking lot, in the stands of the stadium, and the pregame.

# 74 baseballsim @ 01/25/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeparties
The 49ers just started a tradition in these playoffs where they play Future's "Tony Montana" prior to, and leading up to every kickoff.
I think this was during the regular season too.

# 75 CavsFanSteve @ 01/27/12 12:30 AM
I know that when the Browns score a touchdown, the guitar solo for We Will Rock you is played. And also the Hang On Sloopy is played after the 3rd quarter has ended.

# 76 tommymcm @ 01/29/12 03:07 PM
The Patriots have Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" playing... Then at the part of the song when it says "All Aboard" the Pats exit the tunnel thus causing the crowd to go CRAZY!!

# 77 Patscanes @ 02/02/12 09:53 PM
Patriots TD song - This is our House by Bon Jovi
Field Goal song- Burn it to the Ground by Nickleback

Q. What songs do the Patriots take the field to?
A. Intro to Carmina Burana by Carl Orff followed by Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne

http://www.patriots.com/fan-zone/faq.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXE28wPEt_c

Love when the Pats run out and this is playing. It's classical but cool.

Id really love if that song and the New England Minuet Men were in M13!

# 78 omorales1014 @ 02/04/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Is there a specific moment this occurs? The more specific you guys are the better.
The Eagles use the "just win" theme from Rocky with a highlight video before to the opening kick, but also combine it with Eye of the tiger by Survivor.

# 79 CatMan72 @ 02/10/12 12:40 PM
Here's what I can recall for the Panthers:

For introductions, they play a "Panthers are in the house" song, not sure who it's by, would have to get it from the team.

Opening kickoff they play "down with the sickness" by Disturbed.

When the Panthers score, they play "Boom Boom" by John Lee Hooker.

When the Panthers win, they play "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond.

# 80 SethMeth @ 02/19/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

Hey all,

So I'm looking to find out all that I can about stadium-specific songs for NFL teams in the league. So with that in mind, give me all that you can as it relates to your home squad's stadium-specific tunes!

I'm looking for things that affect kickoffs, 1st downs, red zone, touchdown, play reviews/challenges, general time outs, etc.

I'll take as many responses as you can dish out so name as many scenario-specific moments as you wish as long as they're authentic to that team/stadium.

Thanks everybody.

I have an idea that will work 100% effectively. Here is what Tiburon should do:

1. Buy a copy of NFL 2K5

2. Find the feature in the game called "Custom Stadium sounds"

3. Commit some resources of one cycle to implement it into Madden.

Or

Pop in a copy of NCAA Football and find the same feature there.

Not trying to sound crazy by speaking practically, but the best solution to the soundtrack issue already exists and has for nearly a decade. So this question on the heels of Madden 13 just says to me that Tiburon has yet again no intention on giving us the best solution, but rather skipping out on implementing it. It's not your fault Chase, you didn't create this problem, but hopefully you've recognized that the solution already exists and you've said something to your superiors about implementing it (not that they haven't been made aware of it by gamers for like 8 years now).

Custom stadium sounds, problem solved.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.