Home
News Post

Not a lot of direct footage, but some good info on Franchise, RTTS, Simul-view and more.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ty5oke @ 01/13/12 12:05 PM
Simul-view is crazy

# 2 JPFrost @ 01/13/12 12:19 PM
Love what they've done with Franchise. Not going overboard but fixing what was there already. Hopefully everything works properly now.

Simul-view is indeed a scary cool thing.

# 3 LastActionHero @ 01/13/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Simul-view is crazy
Man I love that feature!!!
Playing one-o-one at home always kinda sucked because you both had to play from the catcher view, for obvious reasons ofcourse.

This is why I love SCEA, they come up with features I wouldn't have dreamed of and BAM there it is

# 4 nomo17k @ 01/13/12 12:24 PM
I bet all these years SCEA has secretly included a subliminal message to get us addicted this game. We just didn't have the goggle to see it...

I like it that their priority is authenticity first and then innovation second. No wonder it plays such a great sim baseball.

# 5 sydrogerdavid @ 01/13/12 12:40 PM
Holy cow! Simul-view.

# 6 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/13/12 01:06 PM
Seen some nice new ads in the video.

And simul-view is one sweet feature. Innovative in sports gaming within itself.

# 7 Stroehms @ 01/13/12 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Has anyone played a 2 player game versus each other with analog pitching? The pitching meter only goes up and down and it's really hard to spot locations and what not. Hopefully with Simul-view, it eliminates that.

# 8 ckarlic @ 01/13/12 01:15 PM
Great information and the game looks awesome. Russ looks like your interview skills have improved greatly from years past. Good job!!!

PS---Russ can you move over a little..You're blocking my view

# 9 thaSLAB @ 01/13/12 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Saw that too huh?

I saw a couple of things regarding the scorebug dropdown, and I think I saw something very interesting on the "due-up" screen between innings... I think lol.

# 10 The Kid 24 @ 01/13/12 01:20 PM
OMG!!!!!! Are we able to change colors of the arm sleeves this year???

In that video Upton had a white 3/4 sleeve on...

# 11 JoeCoolMan24 @ 01/13/12 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Man I love that feature!!!
Playing one-o-one at home always kinda sucked because you both had to play from the catcher view, for obvious reasons ofcourse.

This is why I love SCEA, they come up with features I wouldn't have dreamed of and BAM there it is
"simul-view" is actually not some SCEA thought up, (but I think Sony did), but they are just implementing this new technology. Plus, you have to have a certain kind of 3D TV, and buy an extra pair of 3D glasses, which are like $70 a pair. It's a great thing to do if you happen to be filthy rich, but I'm sure this technology won't apply to most of us for the next 3-5 years when those prices comes down.

# 12 Bahnzo @ 01/13/12 01:35 PM
Improved Line-up logic.....thanks!

Could it be that I don't have to control all 30 teams to prevent Matt Holliday from batting second?

# 13 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/13/12 01:35 PM
SCEA came up with it for baseball, and something that we all wish we could have had in a baseball game 10 years ago before internet gaming.

And you can get their Playstation branded 3D TV that does this feature and not break the bank. You don't have to be rich to take advantage of this feature.

# 14 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/13/12 02:19 PM
I had to watch the video twice because I was so into watching that Dodgers D Backs broadcast on the TV that I didn't even hear one thing Ramone said

Seriously that TBP is so realistic with the camera cuts that it had me waiting for a commercial break... Also Kershaw looks spot on with his Amish facial hair and all

# 15 LastActionHero @ 01/13/12 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
"simul-view" is actually not some SCEA thought up, (but I think Sony did), but they are just implementing this new technology. Plus, you have to have a certain kind of 3D TV, and buy an extra pair of 3D glasses, which are like $70 a pair. It's a great thing to do if you happen to be filthy rich, but I'm sure this technology won't apply to most of us for the next 3-5 years when those prices comes down.
Well I have a passive 3D tv from LG and got 7 glasses with it which are the same as in the cinemas and cost nothing. Now what you can do with those is in splitscreen games like mod racers and motorstorm you put 2 right eye glasses in one frame and the 2 left eye glassen in the other and you both see your own screen in full!

This is basicly how that special sony tv works but then in a much cheaper way

# 16 econoodle @ 01/13/12 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
I had to watch the video twice because I was so into watching that Dodgers D Backs broadcast on the TV that I didn't even hear one thing Ramone said

Seriously that TBP is so realistic with the camera cuts that it had me waiting for a commercial break... Also Kershaw looks spot on with his Amish beard and all

ramone was there?

little down that again it was a tightening up of franchise mode instead of a reboot or at the least a new UI/nagivation setup, to give it a fresh look.

But will still hold out to see what he says about the thing that we can tab over to see in the franchise menu where the newspaper is.

# 17 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/13/12 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Saw that too huh?

I saw a couple of things regarding the scorebug dropdown, and I think I saw something very interesting on the "due-up" screen between innings... I think lol.
I think at the very end at (5:18) when when they go into the slow camera pan of the stadium scoreboard and recap where there playing and re-introduce themselves that they now show Matt, Dave & Eric's pictures on the OSD and not just their names..Anyone catch that ?

# 18 tnixen @ 01/13/12 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
I think at the very end at (5:18) when when they go into the slow camera pan of the stadium scoreboard and recap where there playing and re-introduce themselves that they now show Matt, Dave & Eric's pictures on the OSD and not just their names..Anyone catch that ?
You mean this?

I wonder if this could be some kind of report from the dugout presentation?

Like how they do it on Fox baseball with ken rosenthal

# 19 DickDalewood @ 01/13/12 03:04 PM
I LOVE that new batting cam.

# 20 econoodle @ 01/13/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
I was hoping for some visual discussion but he doesn't go into that lol but it looks pretty damn nice to me from what I have seen. It leaves people like me with an empty fix, though. Yes, I am an addict. I can wait I think.

Also, from a coding standpoint tightening up franchise was absolutely the right decision. Adding stuff would have broken the game even more. They did the right thing.
good point i suppose.
but it better not be broken then. lol

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.