News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Mo @ 01/20/12 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinos2
I've played this game enough over the years to know what to look for. I don't need another self-professed expert on the show telling me what to look for. I've seen it all as much as the next person. And you can't guarantee me a thing. cause as far as I know you're just another poster. Let the people who are qualified to cash checks their mouths can speak for make the guarantees.

The video is shoddy anyways. When you can afford the guarantees you're making for others, feel free. Til then, they're all opinions.

Totally off subject, but come on people. Learn to spell and the meaning of there, they're, and their. They're not used interchangably.
These are the type of posts we can't have here. Criticize the game, but not other users.

# 142 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/20/12 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
Yes. You can see that I mentioned that I am a self-expert on the show several times in my post. And I'm sorry. You're right. They'll probably decide to leave the 2010 stats on for MLB 12 since they've done that in the past. I apologize.
Hahah. Love the sarcasm.

The stats were 2011 when we left. And some more sick overlays, etc were added.

Presentation in this game is now a thing of beauty.

# 143 CubFan23 @ 01/20/12 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
No, no one is missing any points. We've discussed all this and actually know more than you think we do about how this should be presented.

The problem is you are taking a small sample of the game and dissecting it as if it is the entire thing. Take a 4 minute video from Game 6 of the WS at different points and tell me they both can accurately represent how great that game was.

You are taking one point and beating it to death. Take a deep breath an relax - if this game doesn't offer you what you are looking for there are alternatives you are more than welcome to play. No one will stop you.

My comment was aimed at some people in this thread responding to complaints about the commentary, to me they were missing the point of the complaints, it wasn't so much the repetitiveness as it was the fluidity of the broadcast. Hopefully the announcing was addressed in this years version.

# 144 PVarck31 @ 01/20/12 12:33 AM
lol why would they leave the 2010 stats? Have they ever done that before?

# 145 CubFan23 @ 01/20/12 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

As for the stats, again that's just placeholder stuff. I'll let you in on a nice stat display tidbit... not only will you see a players 2011 stats, but you will sometimes see their minor league stats pop-up.

YES!

# 146 Tabata4Prez @ 01/20/12 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
lol why would they leave the 2010 stats? Have they ever done that before?
No they never have in the past. Nor will they this year. But don't quote me on this. I'm no expert.

# 147 Skyboxer @ 01/20/12 01:41 AM
Quote:
Yes, I must say... I do feel a bit rediculous being 20 years old and being so excited about a video game. But I can't help it. I love baseball and The Show IS baseball to a tee.
Just turned 46... I Put in vacation for The Show....go to sleep thinking about the game....where's cap when playing....

Will hunt and probably pay 100 if I can get game early...

I don't really have any other habits/vices so it's all good

# 148 Yankees2009Champs @ 01/20/12 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
That is what I was trying to say. It looked good to me too. The original poster made it sound like the ball should be slicing on a hit like that. He must have never played the game of baseball before.
That is not what I meant, I was trying to emphasize that the OF played a hooking liner like it was routine. That was not a routine play, I've seen many fielders botch a play like that.

# 149 tnixen @ 01/20/12 08:38 AM
Quote:
Yes, I must say... I do feel a bit rediculous being 20 years old and being so excited about a video game. But I can't help it. I love baseball and The Show IS baseball to a tee.
If I live to 90 years old and if MLB The Show is still around I will still be playing it god willing.

I will be playing "MLB 2066 The Show" in my old age home lol

# 150 BSUFAN @ 01/20/12 08:40 AM
No age barrier here, I am 59 years young and I love to play video games, The Show is awesome

# 151 Bruinboy @ 01/20/12 09:00 AM
BSUFan ... Lived in Boise in the early 70's before the blue field. Great place to live. Am 63 now, love the show and getting a Vita so can play it when I travel. Unfortunately I will have to wait an extra week to get MLB 12 The Show as will be in Cancun the first week of March!

# 152 tnixen @ 01/20/12 09:05 AM
MLB 12 The Show is sounding so good I just may have to buy 2 copies one for each PS3.

# 153 Woodweaver @ 01/20/12 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinos2
Okay, so according to others, his sarcasm is cool but me calling him on it isn't? Geez. Okay.

Anyways, the stat line thing was an OBSERVATION. I saw it, I wrote about it. Not a big deal. I know that they won't leave the 2010 stat line in as the base for the 2012 season.

As far as physics go, I won't even get into that. Yes, I saw the ball leave the top of the bat, I saw the arc, etc. Until I see it 1000 times in the game, a millisecond clip of a foul ball doesn't wet my appetite.
Sorry, I can't resist.... Since you are exhorting others to get their grammar/spelling correct, you may want to double check a few things in the bolded section above.

2010 stats are place holders.

# 154 Heroesandvillains @ 01/20/12 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Sorry, I can't resist.... Since you are exhorting others to get their grammar/spelling correct, you may want to double check a few things in the bolded section above.

Ah...

The dubious semi-colon. One of my favorites to use, but one of the trickiest to master.

Or...

One of my favorites to use; one of the trickiest to master.

# 155 speels @ 01/20/12 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
That is not what I meant, I was trying to emphasize that the OF played a hooking liner like it was routine. That was not a routine play, I've seen many fielders botch a play like that.

Fair enough, but I bet some outfileder plays it like its routine.

Not every outfielder trys to make a jumping catch at the wall only to have the ball bounce off their head and go for a homerun, but if you watched any hi-lights of Canseco doing it you would think all outfielders were terrible.

It was one play in one game, let's not get all hasty.

# 156 mwjr @ 01/20/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
20?! lol....try 31! I feel ridiculous too. But I dont care! Bring on March 6th!
Gotcha both beat. Try being 44, married with 4 kids.

This is all in the eye of the beholder...

Many vets of the MLB The Show series have complaints about how stale the game has become. At the other end of the spectrum is someone like me, who just switched from the 360 to the PS3. (The kids now have the Xbox AND the Kinect; daddy gets the PS3.) The reason I switched? MLB The Show. I see these videos and, unlike many seasoned players of The Show, see absolute baseball holiness.

I cannot freaking wait until March.

# 157 Yankees2009Champs @ 01/20/12 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Fair enough, but I bet some outfileder plays it like its routine.

Not every outfielder trys to make a jumping catch at the wall only to have the ball bounce off their head and go for a homerun, but if you watched any hi-lights of Canseco doing it you would think all outfielders were terrible.

It was one play in one game, let's not get all hasty.
I sat through an entire season of guys making stupid plays in the outfield from Shelly Duncan thinking he could rob a HR in Texas when it was literally 30 feet into the stands, to Ezequiel Carrera dropping one right behind him because his shades were on top of his head, to Austin Kearns letting balls bounce right in front of him instead of making supposed "routine" catches.

# 158 Knight165 @ 01/20/12 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver

Okay, you've whetted my appetite. Or is it whet?....or is is both?!
What do you mean?

M.K.
Knight165

# 159 thaSLAB @ 01/20/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
That is definitely not the norm. We saw a realistic amount of misplays, dives and miscues... and not necessarily error plays, but the ball dribbling away, or rolling up a fielders arm, or balls that "got up on" infielders forcing them to field it in their cradle. The new ball physics are just... legit! That's all I can say after seeing it. And the legit-ness shows in the way players interact with the ball.

Speaking of fielding, one of the coolest things I saw was... on a deep fly ball to center where Granderson ran back knowing it was going to be deep, with his right hand, reached back to locate/size up the wall and made the catch on the warning track. I think Pared was playing.

It was a thing of beauty! (the play, not Pared.)

# 160 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/20/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Don't worry... Pared and Nemesis04 worked hard with the devs adjusting the outfielders since this way early build of a video.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.